faulty bosch washer dryer - again!

gavino76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello.

Bought an expensive washer dryer in feb 2020. 1 year later lock mechanism failed and was replaced under warranty, nearly 2 weeks later at great inconvenience to my family of 4. Using the local laundrette. Has just failed again recently. Complained to retailer, and manufacturer, i will include threads below. As i was not prepared to wait nearly another 2 weeks, i cancelled the bosch engineer and called a local company that came out next day and repaired it for approx £81. The problem was, the belt had come off, the pulley was loose. So the belt was refitted and the pulley tightened.

Ok £81 isn't a lot of money but i specifically bought an expensive machine so as to try an avoid these problems. And its money i shouldn't have to pay. I have emailed the CEO of bosch appliances and the reply is shown below. Can you just advise me wether you think i am being petty, or is this machine not fit for purpose?

thanks 

(REPLY FROM BOSCH CEO)

From: MKS-DirectorsOffice (GB/SM-CSL) <[email protected]>
Sent: 06 March 2023 16:18
To: .com <.com>
Subject: Bosch washer dryer matter ref: 55343442/4103348416 

Dear Mr 

I write to you today in response to the difficulties you have experienced with your Bosch washer dryer.

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Leah Morris and I am Executive Assistant to Brendan Bulfin, the Head of Customer Services for the UK and Ireland. Our CEO, Mr Gunjan Srivastava, has sent me a copy of your email dated 6th March and has asked me to contact you on his behalf.  

I was sorry to learn of the problems you have experienced and can understand your dissatisfaction. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment that has been caused so far.

Having looked into your case, I see that you purchased your washer dryer in 2020; however, in March of last year (2022), you contacted us and reported the door on the appliance was not working as it should. An engineer attended the washer dryer and completed a repair on the door lock under the warranty that the machine held.

Whilst I understand your feelings about not wanting to pay for an engineer's visit, once an appliance falls outside of the standard two-year repair warranty period, customers are aware that repair costs will not be covered by the manufacturer. However, to assist your situation and as a gesture of goodwill, I would like to offer to provide the parts needed to complete the repair free of charge to you, but the standard call-out fee of £106.00 will remain chargeable.

If you would like an engineer to call on the basis outlined above, please let me know, and I will ask our Contact Centre to get in touch with you to arrange a mutually convenient appointment.

Once again, I am sorry that this situation has arisen and for any disappointment you may feel. I look forward to hearing from you again in due course.

Sincerely yours

Leah Morris
Customer Liaison Executive GB/SM-CSL

BSH Home Appliances Limited, Grand Union House, Old Wolverton Road, Wolverton, Milton Keynes, MK12 5PT, England 
[www.bsh-group.com]www.bsh-group.com

BSH Home Appliances Limited, Grand Union House, Old Wolverton Road, Wolverton, Milton Keynes, MK12 5PT; Registered Office: Milton Keynes; Registration Number: 01844007 (England and Wales); VAT Reg No GB108311845; WEEE-Reg.-No. CH0057TS

This message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain trade secrets or other confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use, copy, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform us immediately by reply email and delete this message, including any attachment or copies thereof, from your system. 

(MESSAGES BETWEEN APPLIANCE WORLD AND ME)

Sent: 06 March 2023 08:18
To: 
Subject: RE: ord428652

Morning         sorry to hear the machine has another fault   but there is nothing we can do you would need to speak to bosch unless you have taken bosch  extended warranty then you are out of guarantee with them as you have ran out of guarantee    again very sorry about this 

Kind regards 

Perry Stanley
Sales Team | Appliance World

T: 0161 710 2308 
E: [email protected]

2 Station Road
Urmston Manchester M41 9JN

www.applianceworldonline.com

Appliance World (North West) Limited
Ground Floor, 4 Broadgate, Broadgate Business Park,
Chadderton, Oldham. OL9 9XA

Registered in England & Wales

Company reg no. 4911776
VAT reg no. 148970331

Sent: Sunday, March 5, 2023 10:35 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: ord428652

Hello Perry

With regard to this machine, it has packed up again. I have a family of 4 and a machine full of wet washing. The last time this happened i had to use the laundry for 2 weeks whilst awaiting the engineer visit. And now its happened again, its out of warranty, not only do I have to wait 2 weeks for the engineer, I will have to pay for the laundry and drive back and forth.

I have paid you a lot of money for this machine and put trust in you and your company. I'm absolutely disappointed.

Sent from Outlook for Android

Sent: Friday, June 11, 2021 8:11:16 AM
To: 

Morning m  if you registered the machine when you bought it   bosch give 2 years guarantee so you should be ok show the engineer your receipt when he calls out to you 

Kind regards 

Perry Stanley
Sales Team | Appliance World

T: 0161 710 2308 
E: [email protected]

2 Station Road
Urmston Manchester M41 9JN

www.applianceworldonline.com

Appliance World (North West) Limited
Ground Floor, 4 Broadgate, Broadgate Business Park,
Chadderton, Oldham. OL9 9XA

Registered in England & Wales

Company reg no. 4911776
VAT reg no. 148970331

Sent: 10 June 2021 09:36
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: ord428652

Perry

I'm not very happy mate. The washing machine is playing up already and I have an engineer at my house fixing it now. Its over a year so I guess I will be paying for the repair. Its ridiculous. Please let me know how you can help.

Thank you

Get Outlook for Android

Can you let me know how to proceed please? thanks

I hope you won't mind me pointing out now that it would be much easier for us if you'd simply give a summary rather than make us wade through correspondence.

You haven't actually said so but I gather from the email addresses that you bought this washing machine from a company called Appliance World Online. Is that correct?

Would you mind just going through the chain of events in a short bullet point summary please.

• 2 weeks later...

hello bank fodder and thank you for your reply.

• washer dryer ordered 10th feb 2020
  • door mechanism failed 1 year later, nearly 2 weeks out of action whilst waiting for engineer (under warranty) at extreme inconvenience 
  • machine failed again, complained to retailer, was told that if warranty has expired there is nothing they can do. booked bosch engineer but could not wait nearly a fortnight, having 2 children, so paid for local company next day visit.
  • Had complained directly to CEO of bosch home, secretary replied saying as a goodwill gesture they can offer the parts necessary to complete the repair, but the engineer visit must be paid for as out of warranty.
  • Engineer reports that pulley had become loose and and belt had actually come off the machine! replaced and tightened.
  • Total cost £81.54

Please do let me know what i can do as i think this is absolutely ridiculous. Who's to say it won't fail again!!

And did the manufacturer supply you with the parts?

What was the value of the parts

Thanks. Any ideas to why the pulley might have come loose?

Okay.

You had about three years relatively uninterrupted use of this machine. The latest problem with the pulley is new. It is not a recurring fault. Paragraph of course we all hope that it doesn't happen again and I expect that it is extremely rare.

If you sued them in the County Court then I expect that you would win although if they really argued it hard, I would expect that there would be an apportionment of damages based on the fact that you have had the use of the washing machine for three years which might be something like 30% of its expected life.

If that's the case, then if you sued for £81 .54 then I can envisage that you would be awarded two thirds of what you are claiming and there might be a slight reduction in the amount of costs awarded to you – although probably not.

That's the theory.

In practice, they would not expect you to sue but if you did then I can imagine that they would put their hands up to the whole lot because they wouldn't have lawyers on their side who are thinking about proportionate damages.

On the other hand, if it went to mediation – as it probably would – then there would be arguments about how much to pay you and it would certainly be reasonable for you to give way to the extent of giving up 1/3 of your claim.

I think you now have to make a decision. If you decide to go ahead then you should send them a letter of claim – but don't bluff. Don't expect them to roll over simply because you make a 14 day threat. You will have to issue the claim.