Daverino v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have also posted on Welcome Forum - asked to go here too.

Hey there, I've been looking at the info and resources on this site for a while now to aid my claim against The Halifax, and I'd just like to say a BIG thank you to the moderators and a high 5 to everyone who's posted so far.

All the info and resources available have been a great help and inspiration.

The stage I am at presently is that I have served the bank with the necessary letters (Request for info, Preliminary approach for Repayment and Letter Before Action, the latter two with attatched Schedule of Charges) at the correct intervals.

This led to just simple acknowledgement by the bank but no attempt at any real dialoge so I have gone ahead and filed a claim with the county court and papers were served on the Halifax as of 15th December, however I did receive an offer of full and final settlement for about half the amount I am claiming for on the 14th December sent out on the 12th.

I intend to see it through and will keep you posted so if anyone has any further advice, or would like to ask any questions, please feel free.

Bye for now

Merry Xmas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daverino1:D

Welcome Daverino

Looks like you're right on track - I'm just a little behind you - Halifax should have received my LBA by today so I'll be giving them a New Year present of another court claim - had only one letter of acknowledgement myself.

Good Luck (but none needed)

:)

HALIFAX

30th Oct 06 - 18th Jan 07 - Success in claiming £3617.95

HALIFAX 2nd claim

5th Mar - 16th Apr - Success in claiming £176

EGG (3 accounts)

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

17th Mar 07 - Paperwork received - bits missing

19th Mar - Non-compliance for missing bits posted

9th Apr - ICO complaint filed

BARCLAYCARD

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

21st Mar - Statements received

23rd Mar - Prelim posted

31st Mar - Offer for £30 rec'd

10th Apr - LBA sent

Hiya All,

I'd just like to add that when sending initial correspondence I have always hand delivered letters at the branch and had receipts signed for the letters at every stage, I have found that a lot of the delay tactics and other such dirty tricks described in a lot of the threads were avoided by this approach. It seems to make the whole process more professional and less emotional which is all the better for us as to the banks it's just another day at the office.

Quick question

Should I send a letter of rejection to their offer only accepting partial settlement as I received this the day before they were served by the courts or should I just hold fire and wait and see?

You see, they've said at the end of the offer letter that if I do not reply by blah blah date that they will assume I am happy with the offer, which I am not. Although the date they mention is well past the length of time I would expect this to be concluded now.

Any advice anyone?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just posted a similar reply in another thread but here's my suggestion:

As you've already filed, it may be worth telephoning Rachel Hinchcliffe at the Halifax (01422 391895) and check that they've received the court paperwork.

One forum member did that yesterday, and got paid out today! See post 90 in http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/39638-lucy-c-40-halifax-5.html

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Hey there,

Rang Miss Hinchcliffe today but only got a recording saying she is not available, so I left a name and number but no call back as of yet.

Will try again tomorrow.

Bye for now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK - keep trying, be polite and receptive to what she has to say, and you should be fine.

I went a slightly different route, and got my case settled today - just waiting for paperwork now.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Hello

Rang Rachel Hinchcliffe again today but no answer, have left an extra contact number this time, so fingers crossed.

PS Hillards - Congrats on your settlement!!

Bye for now

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi there

Rang the legal team AGAIN left another message, still no call back.

I don't know if they are ignoring me or if Miss Hinchliffe is on holiday, I guess I'll find out sooner or later.

Bye for now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They are dealing with a lot of claims for some reason - but it is a bit naughty not to have returned your call. She will be on holiday now of course.

Have you checked your account? It may be that they have repaid you, but not informed you of that little fact. It's happened that way for some people, and the fact that your name will have been on her desk could have hurried them up a bit.

I took a different route, which may still be open to you (when they get back from holiday next week of course). See my thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/39442-old-dj-halifax.html. If you do call then point out you've paid the court costs, so you would appreciate them refunding that as part of any deal. They should also include the 8% interest if they play fair.

Sorry you didn't get good news in time for Christmas, although there's still Saturday's post to come...?

• Haha 1

:D :D :D

Hello there,

Hope everyone had a great Xmas,

Mine was pretty cool, and made all the better by the letter I received in the post this morning.

******FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT FOR THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MY CLAIM******

Of course they will not admit liability and put there reason down to a defence not being cost effective blah, blah, ****ing blah and so on.

For your info, thay have agreed to pay a total of £1068.30 this does include the 8% added interest claimed at the court papers stage so their delay tactics have cost them around £250 HAHAHA.

A big thank you to all the Moderators who I now ask to amend the thread title to - Daverino v Halifax **I WON**.

Also thanks to Hillard for your advice, I will be clicking your scales mate.

My advice to anyone reading is this - once you have started stick to your guns, ignore the tactics of the bank and carry on regardless, the law is on your side, and read, read, read this sites info and resources will see you right.

Bye for now - Be Blessed.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]