Andrew66 v Capital One

Andrew66
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

SAR will be sent 18th December. Does anyone know if these people roll over fairly easily? Don't think I've had a lot of charges but don't see why they should get away with it!:mad:

A+L S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July. Statements rec'd 01 Sept. Letter requesting repayment of £4,979 sent 18/09 MCOL sent 15th Nov £6389.57. Cheque received £6425.54 4th Dec.:D

MBNA S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July, promised reply by 28th August. Cheque rec'd £250 31 Aug.:confused: . 2nd letter sent 7 sept for rest of charges to be returned. £243 rec'd 28th Oct:D

CCA sent 1st Credit 11th August, reply 15th Aug

Request for repayment Rooftop Mortgages for £1095, reply saying no on 17th Aug.

Still to come: Cap. One, Time retail, HFC Bank.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) will be sent 18th December. Does anyone know if these people roll over fairly easily? Don't think I've had a lot of charges but don't see why they should get away with it!:mad:

Going from other cases (i've just sent my prelim off), it seems they offer you the difference between their old charge of £20 and their new £12 charge, so if youre claiming £100, Cap 1 will offer you £60. If you refuse this, than by all accounts MCOL is the only way.

• 1 month later...

Got my statements, charges come to £200. Do Cap.One normally close the account after they have settled?

A+L S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July. Statements rec'd 01 Sept. Letter requesting repayment of £4,979 sent 18/09 MCOL sent 15th Nov £6389.57. Cheque received £6425.54 4th Dec.:D

MBNA S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July, promised reply by 28th August. Cheque rec'd £250 31 Aug.:confused: . 2nd letter sent 7 sept for rest of charges to be returned. £243 rec'd 28th Oct:D

• 2 weeks later...

LBA going tomorrow. I owe them £193, so the charges cover it nicely!

Hi Peaches mum

I answered on your own thread.

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 3 weeks later...

No reply at all to LBA, and I know they got it because it's been signed for. Should I send them another letter or shall I MCOL them? Seems a bit pointless sending another letter.

• 4 weeks later...

I sent a further 14 day reminder on 28th Feb, surprise surprise I got a letter today saying they hadn't received my previous letter but would refund £80, which is £8 per charge. The letter was so condescending and slimy it nearly slipped out of my hand! I'm not accepting of course and the refusal letter will be on its way soon.

• 1 month later...

MCOL finally sent 7th May. Once they take what they're owed I'll get about £74. Better than owing them though!

Just found out my claim has been suspended. Won't be able to find out why until Monday. Has this happened to anyone else?

Is this the message on MCOL?. .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Just found out my claim has been suspended. Won't be able to find out why until Monday. Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes it has happend to me. Using mcol I added the defendants and claimants name as LTSB. I had to re-file. MCOL may try to wriggle out of refunding the money for the fee, but just keep at um.

yes the message just says it may be because the post office could'nt deliver or the defendant has asked it to be suspended.

OK, thanks.

I put the claimant and defendant as cap.one! Duh! Have just re-filed the claim.

• 3 weeks later...

Letter dated 17th May saying they intend to defend the claim. Haven't heard anything since but eagerly awaiting a cheque popping onto the mat! I guess they will take it to the bitter end!

Was the letter from the court Andrew... If it is, not long now..

WARNING TO ALL

Yes, the usual letter attached to a letter from the court.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a letter from Cap One today, they have credited me with £150, leaving a balance of £43. I called them up and said they owe me, and the operator said I owed them because I had rejected their £80 initial offer. What I sent back was the letter accepting it only as a part payment, not a refusal. Cap One also said in their letter that the £150 is a goodwill gesture and they will defend any further action, and they have told the court they have settled in full. What a bunch of muppets! Is this a new tactic, because settled in full would have been £113+£30+£34, which is what I claimed for.