Maelstrom Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my Data Protection Act letter to Halifax on 09-11-06 and received all my statements for two accounts on 05-12-06.

After going through the statements I found I had charges on account 1 to the value of £421 and account 2 to the value of £78, making a grand total of £499. Not as much as some people here but worth claiming none the less.

I sent my PAFP on 07-12-06 and have received no response so am now preparing my LBA, to be sent out on the 21st.

One quick question (looked in the FAQ and tried search but couldn't find it even though it must have already been asked):

When both accounts are with the same bank but different branches, do I claim for the total or do I make two seperate claims, one per account? Just want to make sure i'm doing this right. Many thanks :)

Hi,

When you fill out the court claim form, say your claim relates to two accounts with Halifax and you are claiming £x in relation to one and £x in relation to the other. When you fill in the breakdown of charges spreadsheet (template available on this site) there is a section for description. I suggest you put something like 'Halifax account number 12345 - charges as notified' for the first lot and 'Halifax account number 54321 - charges as notified' for the second lot.

Gruffle Gaw vs Halifax - £1531.50: ***WON - cheque for £1966.78 received 30/09/06***:)

I'm not a legal professional and my advice is given without prejudice or liability.

If you found my post helpful, please click the scales on the left.

Thanks for the replies.

Received a letter from Halifax today saying that they'd passed my complaint on to the Customer Services department....yawn...

Today was the last day of the 14 day time limit before I send the LBA so I amended the letter slightly to take into account the fact that they have actually replied and will be posting it tomorrow. I have also allowed them an extra seven days due to the Christmas holiday, so I can show I am being fair and accomodating if it should go to court. So LBA off tomorrow :)

Good - keep us posted!

Gruffle Gaw vs Halifax - £1531.50: ***WON - cheque for £1966.78 received 30/09/06***:)

I'm not a legal professional and my advice is given without prejudice or liability.

If you found my post helpful, please click the scales on the left.

• 1 month later...

Ok, i've settled. Basically I was due to file MCOL on 20th Jan but couldn't afford the charge till payday which was yesterday. On 24th I received a letter from the Halifax offering £421 as F&FS which I accepted. Basically I couldn't be bothered with the whole court thing and was happy to accept the offer which I thought was quite reasonable. Just going to paypal my donation to this site now, thanks everyone :-)

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I am still in the process of claiming from Halifax and so is my partner we are just getting ready to send them our letter stating we are taking them to court, but whilst we have been waiting for our reply we have incured more charges and want to know if we have have to make a seperate claim or if we can just add them on to what they already owe? Does anyone know? Thanks

alanaj2549