ALPHERA - cancelled car finance after forgetting payment holiday agreement - no letters ever!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Still not heard back from Alphera, but today I’ve had a note from Grosvenor saying they’ve attending my property - any suggestions what to do as I’ve heard NOTHING from Alphera since my letter earlier this month..

go back and re read your thread regarding flatbed man.

your sar must be replied too within 30 days.

how did your bacs payments go?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

can you not get online to their website and view payments etc?

MYFINANCE.ALPHERA.CO.UK

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

if they've exceeded your 30days chase them up and remind them its a legal requirement to respond to an SAR within so days and you'll have no qualms about launching a court claim for their failure to respond.

dx

and they

• 11 months later...

Hi everyone, 

Following this last year, alphera sent debt collectors to my address in January 2023 and albeit they weren’t successful I was never home, it all sort of went quiet … I did not hear from Alphera and I continued to make my monthly payments by standing order and never heard anything. It was not until August of this year that I went to obtain credit and realised all the negative markers from them. 

I contacted Alphera and they told me and I quote “my agreement had gone under the radar” and as my complaint was closed my only option would be to now contact the financial ombudsman - I’ve done and received a response today that they won’t consider the complaint because the original complaints final letter was dated oct 2022. 

Where do I go from here? I can’t get any more credit because they have completely destroyed my credit file but I don’t want to keep the car anymore as they keep threatening repossession and I’m close to exceeding the allowed mileage. 

Do I have any rights? They refuse to remove the markers themselves because they didn’t uphold my complaint and said a payment holiday was never agreed but the financial ombudsman won’t help either. 

Would you raise another complaint with alphera for how they have let my agreement go under the radar and see if they will remove the credit markers and just reinstate my agreement considering I’ve paid every month for a year? 

On 04/10/2022 at 14:19, dx100uk said:

Go do a time order

which is what you should have done when advised.

they have no incentive to cleanse you credit file and neither can they if its a true record of how you operated the credit/.

dx

and they

I sent loads of letter advising that I can pay the car finance and for them to reinstate the agreement and as my standing orders were not being returned and I didn’t hear from them regarding repossession, I assumed they reinstated it. 

As it’s a hire purchase agreement, I owe a balloon payment at the end and I’m coming close to mileage. Would you suggest writing to alphera and asking that they reconsider reinstating the agreement and lodge a complaint re the mishandling or would you not bother with that? 

none of that really matters 

you can try but i doubt it

you should have done the time order and not messed around for over a year then you would not be in this situation.

sorry 

dx

and they

i cant see why not

click it 

read the link.

dx

and they