Parking Eye Invoice for using Free Carpark at Holiday Inn Bromsgrove *** Cancelled By Parking Eye ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Probably not a particularly interesting one, as I expect Holiday Inn will sort this out for me, but sharing nonetheless.

1 Date of the infringement 24/09/2022

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 29/09/2022

3 Date received 03/10/2022

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No, but I have email Holiday Inn, see below

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Not yet

7 Who is the parking company? Parkingeye

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Holiday Inn "Birmingham" - Bromsgrove

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

BPA POPLA

Good Morning,

I have this morning been issued with a Parking Charge Notice for my car being in your car park whilst I stayed with you on 23rd September.

Nothing was mentioned to me at check-in about the car park having any costs associated with it, your website (snipped below) states that the car park is free of charge, and I was a paying guest at your hotel, so do not see why I should have to pay "Parkingeye" any charges for my car being there.

I'd like to request that you reach out to Parkingeye and ensure that this charge is cancelled immediately.  My registration is BLAHBLAH and they've included a ref of 123456.

You may also need to speak to your reception staff to ensure this is mentioned to all guests going forwards, otherwise some might be taken in by this bullying tactic by Parkingeye.

I look forward to your response,

PCN / NTK attached.

parkingeyebromsgrovehi.pdf

Thanks for doing the sticky and well done on immediately contacting the organ grinder.

Your thread is "interesting".  It's always good to see victories against the PPCs and all these threads encourage motorists to fight back instead of blindly giving in and financing the fleecers.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hopefully Holiday Inn will send PE away with a boot up the jacksee and get it cancelled.

Was the "terminal" to enter your registration number easily seen  were their signs in reception indicating where it is situated?  As it wasn't mentioned by Reception when you booked in they are responsible for your inconvenience so should tell PE to wind their neck in.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The 14days reduced fee thingy expires on 13th.

Worth me plopping an appeal into them provided I don't give any info away?

I've used it as an excuse to chase the hotel up anyway, but thought I'd check on the above.

Well done in chasing up the hotel.

If you appeal to Parking Eye they will reply that their signs clearly mentioned the entering of the registration number and you broke this regulation so you owe the dosh.  That's how these charlatans work.  You're very experienced on CAG and know about the fleecers' antics.

If you do appeal use the phrase "the driver did", not "I did".

• Like 1

Yep.

I think from the tone of your mail to the hotel that you've been on to the actual place you stayed in Brosmgrove.  Fine.

As belt & braces also e-mail the CEO  https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-10024  Include all the info from your original mail and add that you have contacted Bromsgrove Holiday Inn and are most disappointed not to have received even the courtesy of a reply.

OK, some positive movement then.

My only experience of this sort of thing was kipping in the Travelodge within a service station on the M6 near Carlisle.  This after visiting Edinburgh until very late in the day over the Christmas period and having to be in Birmingham for Aston Villa v Sunderland at 3pm the next day under orders from football mad teenage son.

I asked at reception about my car and was told I didn't need to do anything.  The staff took care of whatever had to be taken care off.  i had no hassle whatsoever.

Presumably they gave a whitelist of guests' car registrations to the service station and/or whatever fleecers infest the place.

It bemuses me that Holiday inn think there is some advantage in accepting absurd rules from a private parking company and inevitably annoying and alienating their own customers when they break these "rules".

Appeal text I'm considering:

The driver of the vehicle was a paying guest of the hotel the night of the 23rd September.

The hotel's website was checked prior to our stay and it advertises that their carpark is free for all guests, which is confirmed in their access guide:

https://www.hi-birminghambromsgrove.co.uk/files/holiday-inn-birmingham-bromsgrove-access-guide.pdf

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/gb/en/worcestershire/bhxbr/hoteldetail/directions

There is no mention here of any third party monitoring access to the the carpark, nor mention of any charges being applied after parking.

Furthermore at check-in the hotel staff did not ask anyone present for a vehicle registration number nor did they make it known that there were any charges for parking in the free car park.

Edited by darrenham

Change "our stay" to "the stay".  Don't associate yourself in any way.

Every day, including today, we have motorists on who have appealed and outed themselves as the driver, which is why we say not to appeal.

Don't expect Parking Eye to budge an inch.

Appealing to Parking Eye is a completely pointless action it opens you to risk as they will assume all manner of things, one being that someone is a mug as they have engaged in the appeal charade so will be easy to cajole into paying.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Josh Kirby at [email protected] has just emailed me a fullscreen screenshot of his browser, tabs, windows applications etc., but central to it all was this:

So you can mark this as sorted.

I said some nice things about ParkingEye to the Ceo, so I'll wait for his reply before I tell him it's been sorted.

Cancelled.pdf

Edited by darrenham

Well done I shall alter the tread title to reflect their cancellation, If you can CAG would be grateful for a donation to help keep the site running

• Like 1

• brassnecked changed the title to Parking Eye Invoice for using Free Carpark at Holiday Inn Bromsgrove *** Cancelled By Parking Eye ***