Fixed cost for dual supply, now told it was not accurate by EDF

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, first a quick thank you as this forum it’s vital to survive the onslaught we have to put up with from all angles. 

so to the issue, in May 2022, I took a fixed deal from EDF for gas and electricity, this is to be fixed till May 2024, knowing the storm that was coming on the utilities side I took it, and thought at least for 2 years I’ll be ok then we see where we are on the energy prices.

on Wednesday a latter lands on my door step from EDF, saying that I was on standard variable tariff and that my direct debit will need to be increased. I was like surely it’s a mistake as I have fixed the costs.

I called EDF and the fight really starts,, according to EDF, I shouldn’t have been sold the fix tariff, as it no longer exists, great I said, so you are miss-selling? No, it was the agent mistake, yes but the agent works for you EDF, to be blaming the single individual seems a bit of a cop out. 

I raised a complaint, sent them the email dated May 23rd 2022 where I was told that my costs will be fixed for 2 years. And now we wait for the machine of EDF is going to respond with. 

what course of action can I take if these pesky EDF people do not agree to honour the fix deal?  If they withdraw the deal as it was miss-sold, how do I get reimbursed  moreover, which complaint path should I be taking? Is it citizens advice bureau? Or financial ombudsman?

thank you and look forward to hear back your thoughts and advise.

red11