British gas tariff switch

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok I'll apologize as this is long

I have an economy 7 meter, I've been on economy 7 for the last 16 years, 3 of those with British gas

Yesterday my fixed rate deal ended, i emailed the person in the executive team I usually email my meter readings and simply ask if the smart meter part is working yet

Get a message back that says "sorry we don't support two tier smart meters, you are being moved to single rate"

After a brief discussion their reasoning is, I don't have storage heaters and they're a legal requirement for economy 7, I explain that's not the case then get told "it's their policy" 

Admittedly I did something silly then which was told them I had one but only just put it in, hence a demand for photos of a serial number, it plugged in and working or no economy 7

He also said he would back bill me for 3 years then backed down when I explained he couldn't do that, I did try to record that part of the call but I think my phone has unfortunately had a mess up as I've got a recording but its blank

It's really annoying me as I've got solar panels and charge an electric car so use about 80% of my power overnight

Anyone got any advice or simply any pictures of their storage heater and serial they care to share?

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• labrat changed the title to Double thread please delete

I'll be honest after calming down ice semi resolved this by putting in a formal complaint (re the threat to back bill) and moving supplier 

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Which apparently hasn't stop them switching me to single rate today

Quoted a section of their terms and cons to them which says if they make any changes to my contract that disadvantages me I have 20 working days to switch supplier before the changes take place

Advised them I want that honouring and my dual rate re-enstating or a full explanation of why they won't follow their own t and c 

And still nowhere in those t and C's does it say I need a storage heater 

Please note:

Had an email from them saying that they will not be changed my tariff back and that they have not changed my contract simply corrected my contract and therefore those terms do not apply

Asked for a deadlock letter

Please note:

And after a break of severals they decided rather than a deadlock letter they would aqueous and put the twin rates back until the new supplier takes over (which was this morning)

Please note: