BB Co. Trying to force a VoIP service on me 4yrs after signing up!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a problem with a small broadband supplier; trying to force me to take a VoIP (Voice over I P) telephone service that I preordered over 3 years ago.

The problem is that what they are offering now is not what I believed it to be when I signed up.

It is very restrictive in who you can call and other numbers are simply barred (alternatively you have to pay for a more expensive package), you can't even PAYG other numbers. They can't provide me with the correct terms and conditions.

They have threatened me with their "collections department"; and also "the management will contact me".  Note I have had no "official" letter or such like demanding payment just veiled threats via their support ticketing system.

A bit of background:

I originally signed agreements back in October 2018. 

One agreement for Fibre Broadband (at the time I was told this would take 12 to 18 months - it was a major infrastructure project; in the end it took nearly three years) and another agreement for VoIP service.

Broadband service went live last August 2021.

They initially chased me about the VoIP service in September last year and I told them what was now being offered that it didn't match up with what was described beforehand therefore I no longer wanted it.

Then it all went quiet until last week (11 months) when they starting demanding either that I take the service, or pay them off, or extend my broadband contract!

The fibre broadband service and the VOIP service are separate agreements that I have signed.  The price for the fibre broadband service was not discounted as a consequence of taking on the VOIP service or vice versa.

A lot of emails have been exchanged with them; they refuse to back down; they haven't even sent me details of the current VoIP package; just discussed it with me over email (what it includes doesn't include).

They are adamant that because I signed a pre-order back in 2018 that this constitutes a contract. 

I have asked them for a copy of the terms and conditions for the VoIP service

they just send me the terms for their fibre broadband supply which clearly states Fibre Broadband in several place but no-where does it mention VoIP.  It is not a general T's&C's but one for their specific supply of broadband.

Please let me know if you think I have anywhere to go with this. 

I believe the service supplied does not accord with what was signed for therefore as per the consumer rights act "goods or services not as described" would apply. 

Also it seems difficult to argue that three years is a reasonable period of time for service to be supplied particularly within this context and as such,

it seems that the provider is in breach of this provision and as such, in breach of contract by making time of essence in relation to the contract so as to repudiate this element of service under the contract on grounds of breach of section 52 of consumer rights act?

I would like to know peoples thoughts.

Thanks

• dx100uk changed the title to Broadband company trying to force me to take VoIP service nearly 4 years after signing initial agreement and the VoIP service now doesn't match with what I signed up to.

stuff and all they can do stand your ground 

ignore them.

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to BB Co. Trying to force a VoIP service on me 4yrs after signing up!!