Parkingeye ANPR PCN - overstay - Letter Of Claim - MandU Phase1 Harbour Road, Portishead, BS20 7DE (Lidl,Ibis,Subway)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Strangely enough PE do have planning permission. Either Wetherspoon insisted they do it or a motorist kicked off about the lack of planning. Still pulled the wool over the Council eyes as two hours is not enough time when there is a restaurant involved.

I looked it up.

https://planning.n-somerset.gov.uk/online-applications/files/A7CA50F3848329140764B2B581680059/pdf/18_P_2347_FUL-SIGNAGE_PLAN_CAR_PARK_1-2685938.pdf

Askaquestion could look at the car park to confirm that PE have complied with the signs wording and positioning etc  and haven't added some other signs too.

Of course the entrance sign does not allow PE to claim that the sign offers a contract on entering. It is just an offer to treat. Doesn't even mention there is a charge of £100 for a breach.

Edited by lookinforinfo
  • Like 2

Excellent detective work as usual from you!

Could still be argued that two hours is an unfair term where a restaurant is involved.  A term designed to catch diners out rather than any real effective management of the car park.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Definitely insufficient time for a restaurant, so the time limit could be argued as an automatically Unfair Term detrimental to Wetherspoon's customer's of itself

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I’ve received a reply for my email to the CEO today. I’m quite disappointed with this response from a business I’ve actually spent my money on. I’ll quote the whole response here if it’s ok. 

“Dear Mrs ***

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. John Hutson has passed your email to the customer services team to respond, as we look after any correspondence that relate to our customers on his behalf.

I’m very sorry to confirm that as we have no association with Parking Eye, we won’t be able to cancel this PCN for you.

As this car park serves all the businesses on the shopping complex, it is not a JD Wetherspoon Car Park. Due to this, you will need to appeal this PCN with Parking Eye directly. 

I am sorry again that we cannot assist you further with this.

Kind Regards,

JD Wetherspoon Customer Service.

Wetherspoon had just palmed me off without even trying to assist me-their loyal customer. As you have all rightly pointed out 2 hours aren’t enough for a restaurant. 
I’m absolutely fuming 😡

Apparently you have to register with the PUB during your visit and you can get an extension to your stay.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g580424-d15071196-Reviews-or20-The_Posset_Cup-Portishead_Somerset_England.html

and another review here

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g580424-d9198316-Reviews-or40-The_Possett_Cup-Portishead_Somerset_England.html

Chris_Evans_EFC
Portishead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2019 via mobile

Decided to meet my family here for some food and drinks following their 5 hour trip from North Wales as they wanted something cheap and cheerful to eat. In all honesty the food and drink was really good value and the staff were very pleasant. However, the food and drink can no longer be considered good value when you add the £60 charge (potentially £100) I received a week later for parking in the very end spot directly opposite from 7pm till 10pm which has no obvious sign. I have since found out there is an iPad to enter your reg to get extended parking, something I was completely unaware of as its tucked away right at the end of the bar. I live in Portishead and regularly visit but cannot visit again out of principle knowing you get penalised for spending extended periods of time in the establishment, so a real shame really. I just can't spend my hard earned money here again as long as a company acting on their behalf charges an extortionate amount for parking outside whilst I'm spending considerable amounts of money inside. I wouldn't mind but it was on a Thursday evening outside of peak hours and the car park was practically empty. A 2 hour parking limit for a place that sells food and drink in a small town is a bit of a disgrace in my opinion and it is something they should further address than by just plonking an iPad at the end of the bar with not the most visible signage informing you of its presence and purpose. The response I got from the Posset Cup when calling in and their Head Office when emailing about the situation was also disappointing, with both effectively just fobbing me off.

Show less
Date of visit: August 2019

Ask Chris_Evans_EFC about The Possett Cup

1  Thank Chris_Evans_EFC
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
PossetCupJDW, Manager at The Possett Cup, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2019

Hi There,
unfortunately the car park not being ours the best we can do is offer an extension on your visit.
the car park is signed that states there is a two hour limit, and we have signs all around the pub reminding customers to come and enter there reg number to extend there parking.
we have tried to make these signs as visible as possible and in places everyone should see them for example. the front door, above the hand dryers in the bathrooms, on the condiment table, by the coffee machine etc.
I can understand your frustration and apologies that you missed these signs. With knowing we can now extend your parking we hope you will re consider re visiting our establishment.
Kind Regards
Duty Manager

Show less

Did you see any of those signs in the pub?

You could slag them off in all their review sites on line as well as write and tell them that you were not the only customers to get caught so you are very disappointed with the unhelpful response to a customer whose meal was spoiled by the PCN.

Edited by lookinforinfo
  • Like 2

Thank you, Lookingforinfo! 
It’s really strange that I can’t recall seeing an IPad and I’m usually quite vigilant with things like that. And I can definitely say, I didn’t see any visible signs about extended parking either. I will also add my nasty review to that.  

When I first saw Wetherspoon's reply TBH I thought "fair enough".  Not their car park.  They have no contract with PE.  Part of a retail park.  Nothing they can do.  Unfortunate but there you go.

But due to LFI's digging it now transpires the two hours can be extended, presumably by communicating a white list to the fleecers.  I don't see why this can't be done retrospectively.  I would keep on to Wetherspoon's and demand they communicate to the fleecers that you were a genuine customer entitled to stay over two hours.

• I agree 1