How do I stand now with NatWest?

Outacash
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi BB ... thanks for your support.

Slight delay in my progress since my last posting, just about to fire off another letter to the DCA (thsy have written to me in the meantime telling me a) that all action is on hold on my account until their investigations following my enquiry are complete - within the next 28 working days - and b) then written to warn me (13 days later) that this is my final opportunity to make payment in order to avoid possible legal action ????) I'll also be writing to FSA and Trading Standards as they have still not complied with my CCA request.

Will update again soon.

Would anyone also recommend I start my follow up on my "letter before action" (LBA) to NatWest (same account as above) ... as they still have not responded fully to my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) nor to my LBA? (Yes, this is a double-pronged attack!)

Cheers all! :)

Oops ... just re-read earlier posting by Livelilad ... DPA non-compliance letter going out too!

Outacash ...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again guys …

Just before I send off my request to MCOL that NatWest be forced to disclose my account information (they have failed to fully disclose following SAR) … I have re-read the following from a recent NatWest letter to me ….

“due to the historic nature of (this) account we have not been able to locate any contracts/agreements relating to (this account)”.

If I send off to MCOL to force disclosure … and they genuinely do not have this information … what would be the next step?

Where does this revelation by the bank put me in terms of our “obligation” to each other? I had always assumed that the bank had the upper hand because they had the information (signed agreements) that allowed them to run my account appropriately and legally and could prove they were doing so … until becoming aware we could all “claim the right”.

The account is long-standing … since approximately 1988 … originating from a small overdraft and a much larger consolidation loan … which NatWest mysteriously have merged into one account, and can only provide me with balance/payment/interest charges information [NOT COPY STATEMENTS] from Sept 1999.

Looking forward to your replies again … and many thanks in advance!

Cheers! :)

Outacash ...

OK Nattie ... here goes ...

The earlier postings I have made relating to this "problem" were in this thread if you care to view … http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/24577-much-longer-than-6yrs.html … and which shows my early naivety about dealing with my bank/account.

At a time of financial difficulties, NatWest provided a consolidation loan and overdraft to help resolve the current position (around 1988). Further difficulties caused the account to be passed through various departments at NatWest, eventually ending up with Credit Management Services, and a letter to say that I had been given a new account number which would be used in all communications in the future (around 1991 – no formal notice or agreement that I can recall which stated how this "consolidation" had come about).

Since then I have had numerous occasions / communications / negotiations regarding payments on the account … always stating an amount owed, but no account statements issued … agreed payments were based on what I could afford, on schedules prepared through the Citizens Advice Bureau who had supported me at those times.

My recent default on the last of these "agreed payment schedules" was deliberate on the basis that I wished to ensure that I was paying off an accurate amount owed (as it seems to have escalated alarmingly over the duration of the account). I also wished to clarify my account had in fact been handled appropriately by the bank - and that amounts owed, interest charged, any other charges etc were in order and in accordance with proper agreements between us.

As the bank did not wish to "play ball" with my original informal request for account information … when I became aware of these forums I made a more formal approach and sent my subject access request. Since then a DCA has also become involved … as you will see from the postings above.

Latest is as posted above in this thread, except that the DCA now say that since NatWest have provided all of the information they hold regarding my account, I am now still liable for the whole amount they claim is accurate, and have asked for my repayment proposals.

I have forwarded details and complaint to the Trading Standards office nearest to the DCA two weeks ago, and sent a reminder, regarding non-compliance with my request for production of information under the Consumer Credit Act … but still await their reply.

NatWest and the DCA have both been notified that …

1. I do not acknowledge ANY debt to the DCA
  2. I am awaiting advice following NatWest’s failure to provide full account information covering the duration of my banking with them.

And that brings us up to date!

Does this clarify sufficiently, or do you need something more specific? You could pm me if need be for confidentiality of more in depth info?

Hope you can make sense of this and suggest the next step?

Many thanks again

Outa

Outacash ...

i will just say that I am aware that once accounts go to Credit Management Services that the statement team who deal with it do not send out the statements and bin them. Loristar can confirm this as preiously they worked in such a team.

Yes ... copy records they have forwarded have the phrase "please destroy, do not despatch" typed along the bottom.

At the risk of re-iterating ... "how do I stand now?" ... without production of evidence of contractual agreement, and if the bank cannot produce statements or other documentation/records showing my full account history (or don't want to at the moment) ... where does that place me in terms of any obligation to the bank??

I still have not had a reply from NatWest/DCA nor the Trading Standards (regarding reporting that DCA and bank have not provided full information despite formal requests)

Feeling like this is getting a little serious now.

Comments please ???? or does this need to go up to a mod/helper ???

Cheers

Outacash ...