Missgiggles v Natwest

missgiggles
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks a lot muggins!!

I've got it all sorted!!

Going to sent the prelim letter off tomorrow!

Getting nervous now, but going tp press ahead with it, I could really do with that money!!

Just so I've got this right, i give them 14 days to reply to the prelim letter?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes 14 days, then the LBA, you may not have to go the full distance because the amount is relatively small, but be prepared.

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

Sorry haven't been posting recently, found out I'm being made redundant so had all manner of stuff to sort out.

Hopefully going to get back on track with my claim now tho.

I have all my statements and have added them up (£350) I'm trying to do my spreadsheet, and remember doing one in Google? However I can't find it now, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks guys

Sorry to hear your news, bummer.

To do your spreadsheet use one of the templates provided in the bank templates section

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

The simple spreadsheet calculates the total penalties charges (and the 8% interest bit you use when you make a court claim). the advanced one works out the total penalties charged, interest, 8% interst, overdraft interest, 8% interest on overdraft interest.

Take a look at each, both are realitivly easy to fill in, the latter is a little more difficult to understand!!!

Any probs then get back to us.

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Missgiggles,

I'm also sending my Preliminary letter to Natwest tomorrow to get back £421 in charges.

Wanna compare how we go? I will start my own thread too and post updates as they happen.

Good luck! (not that it really sounds like luck has much to do with the process)

Cheers x

• 2 weeks later...

Nope not a thing for me either ... gonna have the LBA letter ready to go for Monday morning, asuming nothing comes in on Saturday's delivery.

I sent a really small claim to Barclays on the same day as this Natwest one, got a letter today saying 'thanks for your complaint, it will take us 4 weeks to look into it'. So their next letter goes in the post on Monday too. I'm not hanging around waiting for their deadlines to come and go ... they can keep up with mine :)

Cheerio missgiggles, I expect we'll both be at the post office on Monday.

Jx

Recieved a letter in post today from Natwest offering £301 as a full and final settlement!!

Can't believe they caved so quickley, although I'm assuming its because its such a small amount?

Of course I am not accepting it, I know its only a case of £60 but every little bit helps!!

So am I right in thinking I need to send a 'rejection letter' ?

Hi Everyone

I have just joined the site today, and am in the process of getting my head around it all!!

I bank with Natwest, I have my own current account as well as a joint account with my partner.

Even though my current account has had a £0 overdraft for the past year (I worked my ass off to clear it) there was a period of around 3 years when I was constantly living in it!! Can I claim my charges back from this period?

I have recently had a baby so the money will come in handy!!

I am going to send my ' statement request' letter via recorded delivery in the morning.

Wish me luck

:)

Hi, I am also new to this site and have just claimed back bank charges from nastwest for the period 2002-2007 I got back all my charges and it only took me 2 letters, 1st to ask for statements for that period. 2nd to calculate how much and send list of charges to natwest, they paid up without a fuss. It took me less than a month to get my money from the first letter sent. Please pass this message on. Ynysllyn

Hi, I am also new to this site and have just claimed back bank charges from nastwest for the period 2002-2007 I got back all my charges and it only took me 2 letters, 1st to ask for statements for that period. 2nd to calculate how much and send list of charges to natwest, they paid up without a fuss. It took me less than a month to get my money from the first letter sent. Please pass this message on. Ynysllyn

I'm posting the rejection letter tomorrow!!

Just started my boyfriends claim cos herard something about the banks stopping people claiming after the end of this month? Not sure if thats right or not?

x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I sent my rejection letter off last week and they have until Tueasday to reply, not holding out any hope of a payout, even though its only a matter of an extra £70!!! Tight fisted £$"&

MissGiggles:mad:

Hey missgiggles - doesn't matter if it's an extra 700 or 70......... it's your cash and they took it and you want it back! END OF!!!!! Good luck xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Yeah, best of luck!

I still haven't heard anything of my claim ... deadline for response to LBA has just passed, so I guess it's on to the courts for me.

Just think what else you can buy with that £70! (oops ... i started daydreaming about bags, shoes, bottles of champagne.....)

Hope you hear something soon.

Jx

i have an advantage gold account with a £5000 overdraft limit with natwest and am constantly living in it. I am charged every month between £40 and £50 pounds. I know £12 is for the avantage account but the rest i think is interest for being overdrawn. Can i claim back this interest.

Guest NATTIE

Only interest on charges, and jackmann i did tell you in the chatroom that you need to start a thread of your own. On this site your story is important and we all like to read how your claim is going. so natwest thread top left "new thread" and we have all that you want to tell us.

Right so their deadline was today and no reply to rejection letter, so I guess now its onto court proceedings?

Can anyone just run me through it please to make sure I've got everything sorted?

Thanks guys

x