advice needed on tennants right to repair

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need some advice on my rights regarding repairs that my landlord is failing to carry out.

Basically the house was refurbished last year, a new kitchen, bathroom and heating sytem were fitted. Much of the work was bodged and I rejected it at the time and some remedial work was carried out.

There are still several jobs left including a smell of sewage in the kitchen, a bath tap that takes 15 minutes to fill the bath, the sink drains much slower than is reasonable etc

I know that there is a legal provision for tennants to have repairs done and reclaim the costs from their landlords, can anyone give me the act refering to this please

Thanks

You may think that but . . ......

Total repaid to date £1947.58

Lloyds Currrent a/c £745.27

Moneyclaim filed 17th June

Defence and AQ 25th July. Case struck out 11 Aug

reinstated and hearing 15th Jan 2007

Lloyds loan a/c D A request expired 19th June

Proceedings under S7 Data Protection Act issued 29th June defence and counterclaim 27 July

Hearing Jan 3 2007

Listed final hearing April 2007-

Judge declared an interest and disqualified himself

new date to be set

Hi

The act which you are probably referring to is "section 11 (Landlord and Tenant Act) 1985."

To comply with the requirements of Section 11 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 which imposes obligations on the landlord to repair the structure and exterior (including drains, gutters and external pipes) of the premises to keep in repair and proper working order the installations in the premises for supply of water, gas and electricity and for sanitation (including basins, sinks, baths and sanitary conveniences, but not other fixtures, fittings and appliances for making use of water, gas or electricity); to keep in repair and proper working order the installations in the premises for space heating and heating water.

All requests for repairs must be made in writing before the owner id obliged to carry them out. Most will just do it via a phonecall! but if you feel that your 'right of quiet enjoyment' of the property has been interupted then I suggest you formally request compensation.

Good Luck

D

Barclaycard

S.A.R sent 18/01/07 :o

7 Day reminder 02/03/07

Some statements rec'd 19/03/07

ICO Complaint 20/03/06

Alea iacta est

Hi all!

crusty git,please answer the following questions:

1.How long have you been a tenant of this landlord?

2.How long is your current tenancy agreement?Please specify start & end dates.

3.How much is your monthly rent?

4.How long have you put up with these bad conditions?

The answers to the above questions should hopefully enable me to assist you further.