• Tweets

• You can't, but you can (and really should) bring up the point that the lender isn't meeting their legal obligations in selling the property for fair market value. You'll have to do this in court, though.     A receiver is bought in by the lender, not you. If they're a registered insolvency practitioner, you may be able to raise a complaint to the insolvency service but there are no guarantees here. Many receivers are also registered with the RICS and self-regulate so if you know the name of the receiver you can check there, again no guarantees.   https://www.rics.org/surveyor-careers/career-development/accreditations/registered-property-receivership-scheme
    • China green-lights mass production of autonomous flying taxis — with commercial flights set for 2025 | Live Science WWW.LIVESCIENCE.COM The EHang EH216-S autonomous flying taxi is the first eVTOL ready for mass production and could lead the way for flying cars around...  
    • Lolerz - I don't understand you.  Rebuked you?   No. I simply replied to your orange comments with legal facts as I know them.  I've already worked through the s42 and s146 issues - over the last 3-4y - and these issues are (mostly) resolved legally.  In terms of posting evidence.  Sure I can post some.  But my most recent questions have been a) how can I enforce a sale before trial?  And b) how can I make a complaint and/or a claim v receiver? (E.g. to which body do I complain?).  At the mo I'm asking for some helpful pointers on those specific questions??  I'm not asking for help with how to prove or present evidence. Fwiw - all evidence for trial has been disclosed (although additions are poss). The lender sent me like 10,000 emails and docs.  There's also 000s of emails, docs, photos, videos, recordings and texts that relate to freeholders/ me.   I read, filed and categorised everything for ease of future reference.  Witness statements and evidence were prepared for trial in the 42 and 146 matters. (now joined with current claim to save duplication).  I've lived the process before.  My current statement and linked evidence has taken like 6 months to draft/ write - to ensure I can succinctly prove my defence and counterclaim points.   Whether I can convince a judge at trial w/o lawyer / barrister is debatable 🙄   But I've prepared.  And continue to try better prepare - which is why I visit this site (and clinics).  This is NOT my business or expertise at all.  I'm just trying.  Not that anyone should ever have to justify why they need help if they ask politely! 
    • Thanks for the other info will also take a look at that.
    • It doesn't use the word reconstructed in the cover letter.  Although, I have just noticed on the cover letter they have asked me to complete a financial statement and offer a repayment within the next 10 days, or they will continue to follow court directions.  They sent a separate letter on the same day advising me they will be continuing with their claim ?  They have done the same for both claims.  Is it worth just doing that - doing the financial breakdown and offering a x amount.    
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

thereshope! v natwest ****WON****

thereshope!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning all:)

Received copy of AQ from Cobbetts this morning

marked no in boxes A settlement to be postponed

B location of hearing to be transferred

E expert witness

Yes to small claims track.

I am also posting up a copy of the letter I sent in response to their settlement offer. It is the letter Mindzai sent to LLoyds, more or less, and I feel it pitches at just the right level !

Thanks Mindzai.:)

So Jos, they are still messing about,are they ?

Hopefully the letter will focus them a little !

8th May 2007

Cobbetts LLP

Ship Canal House

King Street

Manchester

M2 4WB

Account No XXXXXXX

Claim No: XXXXXXX

RESPONSE TO SETTLEMENT OFFER

Thank you for your letter dated 2nd May 2007.

In relation to your offer of settlement, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your offer of £2561.26 as this is not the full sum owed by your Client. I have attached a current complete schedule of charges to this letter, but I will summarise this here.

Your Client owes £2160.00 in unlawfully levied charges.

Further, you will note that my particulars of claim include contractual interest at your Client’s own unauthorised borrowing rate of 29.69% compounded from the date of each transaction until the date the claim was filed, totaling £2169.24

Your Client also owes interest at the rate of £3.52 per day since the date the claim was filed until such time as the matter is resolved. As of the date of this letter, this amount stands at £172.48

Therefore, the total sum owed by your Client as of today is £4501.54. I would like to make perfectly clear that this is the full amount owed and I will not accept a settlement offer for anything less, and on this basis I enclose the cheque for the amount of £2561.26 drawn in my favour.

Unlike your Client I do believe I have a good prospect of succeeding with this claim, and I am more than willing, to present my case before a Judge should it become necessary. However as your Client has outlined their unwillingness to allow a Court to decide these matters, I think it unlikely that this case will be heard in a final hearing.

In relation to the conditions you attempt to impose to this settlement:

1. The payment will be in full and final settlement of this claim; however I reserve the right to begin legal action in order to reclaim any further sums unlawfully debited from my accounts.

2. If you are confident in the legitimacy of your defence, I see neither a legal necessity for a confidentiality clause, nor any reason to request one. Confidentiality is a service which I am prepared to offer, but this would be subject to a separate and negotiable fee. Until said fee is agreed upon and paid, I absolutely and completely refuse to comply with any confidentiality agreement.

3. I agree to no such condition, and furthermore if I do not operate my account within the agreed limits and incur more unlawful penalty charges, I will initiate further action in order to recoup them with equal vigour.

4. Should I again incur these fees, as previously mentioned your Client will again incur legal action against them.

I would remind you that I am bringing action against your Client, not vice versa. If they decide to settle the matter outside of Court I assure you it will be on my terms, not theirs. I find your Client’s attempt to impose confidentiality particularly disturbing. I am completely unwilling to relinquish my right to free speech and consider your Client’s attempt to enforce confidentiality incredibly arrogant. As you are well aware, they have absolutely no right to impose conditions and such boorish actions will dismissed as a matter of principle.

I look forward to receiving a revised offer of settlement, or in the alternative meeting you in Court.

Yours faithfully,

There'shope !

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D

Hi Milly:)

I can see you lol !!!

I can also see 2 guests looking at my thread.....mmmm.Seem to be getting a lot of guests visiting latley.Hope they are from Cobblers or Natwest,cos I really would like them to see how determined I am to go all the way !!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Hello sweetie:)

You seem to be doing fine hun. Lots of confidence and thats what will get you all your lovely dosh back.:D You are further than I have ever had to go, so I will be getting help from you hopefully;)

Milly XXXXXX

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

:D :d

remember the Nat West thingy me and O/H have with the Financial Ombusman. That finally will have a decision made by the end of May! He told my O/H he was annoyed with them as they IGNORED HIS letter!!!! Thas good cos he has the power to uphold the complaint in full!!!!!

Milly XXX

Milly,i've got everything crossed for you hun,I really have.I was reading about your car trouble the other day and you know what ?

Wont be long til you have a nice new beemer hun:D

I had a similar problem to you with my beemer. It was a very high powered car, BMW M3,and when I went fast(ashamed to say that was most of the time:D )it felt really light on the steering. I ended up having a new steering rack fitted:eek: .Fortune I spent on that car, and reluctantly had to get rid of it as it was to much to up keep.

Sorry,off on a tangent there !

So,hang in there Milly .Beemers and cruises all the way gal !!!

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

I wonder who is looking over my letter at Cobblers this afternoon ?

They would have received it by 1pm today !

• Haha 1

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Hey doo :)

Thanks for pointing me to MTM's reply. He has a way of making me feel that claiming CI is the way to go hun !

Any friend of CI is a friend of mine. I'd rather be a nut cluster than a strawberry softie !!

Gotta stay strong and not give in .Good things come to those who wait blah blah blah:D

Yes, be patient but persistent.

Bill. ;):-)

Milly,i've got everything crossed for you hun,I really have.I was reading about your car trouble the other day and you know what ?

Wont be long til you have a nice new beemer hun:D

I had a similar problem to you with my beemer. It was a very high powered car, BMW M3,and when I went fast(ashamed to say that was most of the time:D )it felt really light on the steering. I ended up having a new steering rack fitted:eek: .Fortune I spent on that car, and reluctantly had to get rid of it as it was to much to up keep.

Sorry,off on a tangent there !

So,hang in there Milly .Beemers and cruises all the way gal !!!

Hope xx

Hi Hope sweetie:-) it was a new car to me [well not brand new!! nearly 2] I bought it last wednesday a 330ci Sport convertible in Titanium Silver!! [poor mans M3!!!]I had traded in my 325i sports as it was coming up to 5 and all the bad luck I had!!! peeps denting it, scratching it and then trying to blinkin nick it!!!

Anyway the problem... a buckled wheel :eek: apparently at the rear causing the steering prob!!!, not noticeable on the 120 rigouros checks apparently:rolleyes: , well thats the dealers excuse. Anyways its coming back tomoz with four [yes!!!] four new michelin Sport tyres on it to make up for it!!!

I will put it on my sig so you can see her. i was gonna call her christine the horror car, after that movie. But her names Susie!! sad arent I!!!

I love em soz!! and cruising. Indepence of the Seas here we come!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well i'm still waiting........and waiting..........and waiting lol !

Not a thing have I heard from Cobblers,and my local CC is working through a 3 week backlog.

Patience is wearing a little thin now.

But I suppose it's all part of the carry on !

Look how long Parky had to wait for his money,but they still paid up in the end .

Big up to Parky !!!

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Blimey hope, they've been dragging yours on for a bit haven't they?? Not quite as long as they did with parkie............. just yet!! Brilliant news about his win - absolutely fab! Don't worry................ your thread'll be turning into 'thereshope ***WON***' before you know it!!! xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi Hedgey,:)

At least the amount i'm going to get is creeping up daily !

And it means I can't spend it too !

I need to pay the balance on my holiday villa in about 3 weeks so hopefully I will have it by then:D

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Here's 'hoping' for you hope! Fingers crossed that this is soon reading as a WON thread honey!!! Keep hanging on.......... your patience will pay off in the end!! xxxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

With your name "thereshope" how are you ever going to NOT get your money. :) It is the patiemce game i am afraid,but your turn will come. ;)

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Hey Hope...

How are you doing? Still waiting for Cobblers to get the tootsie's into gear I assume?

I am pretty much in the same boat... I refused their offer ages ago (twice) and haven't heard a peep since. I think they then leave it until near to the court date hoping that you wont be motivated enough to get your bundle in on time. I am about to send them my court bundle in the hope it will bring things to an end quicker. Maybe sending them a copy of your bundle now will get their arses into gear... so they know you mean business.

I had a good result with Barclays when I sent them my bundle... I put a covering letter in that said the following... I had a response with an offer for the full amount within the week.

Re: Account number **-**-** ********

Claim Number: 7WJ00***

Court Bundle as Directed by Judge *******

In the ******** County Court

Hearing Date ** **** 2007

Dear *************

As directed by Judge ******* of ******* County Court please find enclosed the court bundle of documents I shall be using as the claimant in the case referenced above.

My total claim now stands at £*,***.**p. Unless this amount is paid in full before the **th **** 2007, court proceedings will continue and a hearing will take place.

If this matter is not resolved before this date and I, the claimant, am forced to appear in court, then I shall begin proceedings for a ‘Wasted Costs Order’, where a Schedule of costs incurred and time spent will be supplied to the courts including a list of settled cases for Barclays Bank.

The pressure put on legitimate claimants and the court system is enormous and I shall be seeking costs in view of your abuse of the court process unless this matter is settled before the court date.

I trust this clarifies my position,

Yours faithfully

It worked a treat... Obviously edit to suit.

Maybe it may be of some use to you.

maxine

:-)

Moodle

Hi Maxine

I've been putting the dreaded bundle on the back burner as I don't relish all that printing lol !

I did send in a response to their defence that I hope will have much the same effect- it shows in no uncertain terms that I know what i'm about and that i'm going all out to get it !

I think the paralegals are just so snowed under with all that paperwork that they will deal with me nearer to a court date-when I actually get one,that is !

I've considered phoning or emailing to maybe speed things up a little.

What do you think ?

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

hi hope,

It's always worth giving the court a ring to find out how things are progressing...or not, as the case may be. It certainly does no harm. The clerks at the court should be able to tell you whether or not the judge is looking into it and give you some sort of idea as to how long it'll be until you get your date.

Not long now hun:)

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Hey Muggins:)

Phoned the court this morning and the clerk told me it had been put before the judge yesterday. She told me to phone back in a week and I should get an idea of when it will be listed.

At least its a step forward. So if you are watching Cobblers, not long now !

Feel free to contact me and we may be able to put this to bed sooner rather than later lol:D

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

UPDATE !

I have recently discovered that there is a county court in my home town instead of the one i've been using !

How dumb am I lol !

Basically, I am considering moving my claim to this other court as

its nearer, it doesnt have such a backlog,and all bank claims are transferred to bulk hearings in Leeds !

I have just phoned the court where my claim currently is and the staff where a little negative and said I would have to make an application etc pay a fee and there was no guarentee that the judge would allow for the case to be transferred !

The clerk also stated that all cases at the court were heard at a pre lim hearing and were not transferred to Leeds.

How can 2 courts differ so much in how they do things ?

They are only about 7 miles apart !

So, would it be a good move to pay the £35 and get the case transferred, or wait til september, which is when the next lot of cases are to be heard at my current court:o

Would appreciate advice / comments please !

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Depends on how quickly you want the money. My reckoning is that by hearing them en masse in September you will get your spondoolies, shortly before then, but if you dont want to wait till then you could try transferring it, but you might then run the risk of taking longer. You call Hope................... why dont you try ringing the more local one and asking how long at the mo its taking for cases to get to trial ??? They might be able to tell you, but they might not, but worth a phone call I would say.

Your call though hun. Fendy xxx

I think the way I have worded my predicament has come out all wrong lol !

The court where my claim is at the mo is only just listing dates for september as they are so busy. They currently have a backlog of 7 weeks to even look at filed claims !

The other court where I'm considering transferring to,actually send all the bank claims straight on to Leeds as soon as they get them, for bulk hearings.

I think it may be quicker going with the court that transfer them to Leeds for the bulk hearings, and probably less risky, as the bulk hearing cases generally get settled without havin to go in front of a judge ?

What do you think Fendy ?

I have actually been in front of the judge where my claim currently is for a charging order and I lost !

He came across quite pro establishment:x

EDIT :

Der !!!! Having lots of 'stupid' episodes lately !

If I transfer to the more local court,they then send the claims straight on to Leeds -for a Mercantile hearing !

Whole new ballgame as dont know anything about Mercantile hearings or what implications they have re costs etc.

Now I really dont know what to do!

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Um, I see your predicament Hope. Tell ya what, send a PM to Michael Browne, he will know best course of action from here, and he usually gets back to you same day. Honest, hes fabulous.................... he will know answer. Fendy xxxx

O.K hun will do xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Hi hope...

Yeah, might be worth paying the £35 to transfer your claim to the nearer court... save all that waiting.

So, does this mean you haven't got a hearing date yet...?

Moodle

Morning all:)

Phoned the court this morning and have now got a pre lim hearing date !

Yay !

7th August at 1215.

So what now ?

I take it this hearing is to decide which track to allocate to,and I am guessing that it will be sct as both Cobbetts and I requested this.

Actually, I would be really quite happy if it went to Mercantile court as these claims seem to be settled sooner rather than later.

So, would it be worth contacting Cobbetts to try and get this settled prior to a hearing as it will just add more costs on to them ,as I will for sure put in a wasted costs order after the event lol !

Any advice guys or email contacts at Cobbetts etc ?

Thanks !

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07