KenSpe v Nationwide

KenSpe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Issued my preliminary letter (addressed to my local branch) on Monday 27th November requesting a refund of £2981...received very nice letter from the Member Accounting Service this morning. The letter outlines that we accepted their terms when signing the application form etc, they are unable to refund the charges and regrettably (thier words) they suggest that we might like to make alternative banking arrangements and finally suggest that I communicate with the Financial Ombudsman Service. I am so grateful for this advice that I am going to stop my claim! Only joking, do they really think that such communication will stop folks claiming?

LBA going in to Nationwide HQ on Monday, with new adjusted amount £3210 (they have just stung us for another £219 in charges).

Incidentally, the thing that really got me into this action was the fact that thay have hammered us with these unlawful charges whilst persistently over a period of more than 5 years refusing us an overdraft. In other words they provide the platform to create the charges by refusing to help when things are tight.

Getting nervous now as we move towards court action, any words of advice & encouragement gratefully received.

Don't worry

We are all here to help each other, and what you can't work out from the F.A.Q's for yourself, just ask and someone will soon reply.

Nationwide, in my opinion are one of the easier banks, and tend to settle shortly after the court claims are served.

Keep us posted

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>