• Tweets

• The Petrol Station is Shell Garage Wickham (Hampshire ) Another person obviously had the same issue as they had called the garage previously-
    • Thanks Dave, that all sounds clear to me. In terms of avoiding PCNs, I'm not sure if I can. I need to be able to park in that spot, especially as I've got kids to lug forth and back for the school run. Likewise it's not always possible to use the MA's permit system either, as I've not always got them to hand. So, if I'm actively avoiding PCNs, then it could mean I've given in to their idiotic rules. But, I do get what you're saying, as I imagine the risks go up if they claim there are multiple PCNs to be paid at court. Not sure what to do with this one.
    • Is it possible you could qualify for a DRO (Debt Relief Order) and ditch the IVA ? https://debtcamel.co.uk/end-iva-change-to-dro/  
    • My IVA which I began in 2021 has for around a year now been passed to credit expert - I find this company and it's staff obnoxious and insensitive money grabbing monsters.  What is my legal right can I have my IVA moved to another ip what happens if Hanover sell my file?  I am ina real bad situation where my kids are unwell and this crest expert supervisor is saying I should try more than what I agreed despite my situation being very bad and kids unwell.   I feel like they are bullying me and I duh I where to turn.  I keep getting emails saying we at credit expert are in charge of your iva now but still I got messages about my review annual from Hanover which I sent documents and now I got a response from credit expert saying they think I agreed to pay more - how ludicrous is that how can I keep these bullies at bay.   Who can I complain too without messing up my IVA.  I'm going to post below what they sent me please someone help me as they are making me suicidal now. These evil people g coincidently all Indians with weak English which is another issue as communication feels like a battle each time.    Good afternoon,   We hope you are keeping well.   In accordance with the terms of your voluntary arrangement you a required to comply with the following modification:   The debtor must seek to either obtain full time employment or improve self employed income to equivalent thereof as soon as possible and a full review of the debtor’s income and expenditure must be undertaken by the supervisor. The contributions shall increase after taking into account any increased costs in respect of travel and should commence in the month following the review. If any instances of co-habitation with the debtor by any person aged 18 or over occur during the term of this arrangement and where there is reasonable expectation that board and lodging should be paid, the contribution will be added into this arrangement in full. The debtor agrees to provide an income and expenditure review in the month following any loss of child related income. Any surplus identified is to be made available immediately for the benefit of unsecured creditors in the arrangement.    In order to ensure that the terms of the voluntary arrangement are adhered to, I require you to provide evidence that you complies with the above modification along with any supporting evidence.   Alternatively, if you believe you are no longer able to comply with the modification please do inform us.   I eagerly await your response to the points raised within 14 days of the date of this email.   If you have any further queries, please contact Customer Service on ‪0800 0431 431‬ or by email at [email protected].   Thank you for your comprehension.   Plese guys advice me what I can reply as I don't have any more money for these thieves and their annual review is an annual monster nightmare how can I tell them I'm not willing to be bullied and can't paid more    تھا ks   
    • Thank you. I will send letter off to Trade Centre UK today and if I don't get anywhere then I'll contact the credit company.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Tanzarelli v Cap One... £ + default **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just out of curiosity, my partner has just recieved a letter from CR@P ONE re outstanding monies owed. Only thing she has heard for over 3 years, and in addition to this she changed her name by DEEDPOLL over 4 years ago and they have sent it to her in her old name, plus they are saying they have sold the account to a DCA.

Anyone know what the legal angle is for this?????

Comments would be appreciated.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers J2B. Get this off Monday morning to the courts and also to Cr@p One. Hopefully should speed things up and as you may know smel has also already been told they will be removing hers, see here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/42034-smel-c1-refund-plus.html

She has mentioned thanks to you for your help with my letter which she used in her claim.

Good Luck Tanz with your claim, after Smel's victory, I am sure yours will just be a matter of time.

I have not had a chance to read your your latest bits on your thread as I only had 3 days to get my bundle together for my GM claim, with a statement of evidence, this was because the Judge's directions arrived Thursday 15th and they have to be there with GM Solicitors and the Courts by Monday 4pm or the case gets thrown out.

Hubby is running to catch the post as we speak....there is a 1pm collection and he has kindly agreed to do the run to Willesden County Court this afternoon, to shove it in the letterbox so it will definately be there tomorrow.

So when I get my breath back, I will have a read. But it was excellent new with Smel.

DS

Just wanted to say thanks for the reppy tanz and Good Luck. My O/H is doing these b*****s andd they have till tomoz to acknowledge :)

Milly XX

Thanks milly no probs, thought it was about time I gace out some of the old emeralds, been a bit tight with them of late.

Tanz

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent to Cap 1 on 3rd Jan, they still have not complied with it. Also CCA request also sent 3rd Jan making 12 days 15th Jan but still not recieved it even after todays post making it now 35 days over the 12 day limit. Naughty naughty. I think I might just call them to remind them.

Tanz

HI Tanz,

I think you should chase them for it.

i sent my sar on 20th jan, and got them just after the 12th feb.

AJH

Ignore my above post stating my SAR had not been recieved, it had just forgot with everything going on.

Just CCA outstanding.

AQ sent to court yesterday 1st class recorded, also sent copy of this as gesture of goodwill to Cap 1's legal team. Hopefully this will hurry things up in light of smels victory, if not I will have something to say.

Right just checked with the court and they have recieved my AQ and Draft Order. Sent Mon got there Tues. Better than my LTSB one which too 4 days. Anyway the lady from the courts said I would prob not here anything from them for about 2-3 weeks as they are busy busy busy. Hopefully Cr@p One will see sense before this and offer me full plus removal of default, as they have already seen what is coming because I sent them the AQ with copy of Draft Order for them to see what was coming, a tactic which I think may speed up proceedings.

Right just checked with the court and they have recieved my AQ and Draft Order. Sent Mon got there Tues. Better than my LTSB one which too 4 days. Anyway the lady from the courts said I would prob not here anything from them for about 2-3 weeks as they are busy busy busy. Hopefully Cr@p One will see sense before this and offer me full plus removal of default, as they have already seen what is coming because I sent them the AQ with copy of Draft Order for them to see what was coming, a tactic which I think may speed up proceedings.

That's perfect, I sent C1 my AQ and draft too so they repsonded pretty quickly - I can't see why they won't come back with full offer soon enough :)

HSBC *WON* Total £3500

Capital One *WON* Total £385 plus removal of default

Next Disputing Default Notice - CRA's were very unhelpful, am going to make a complaint to OFT/FSA and considering court action following this.

For the Husband:

NatWest Current Account *WON* Total £3500 plus removal of default

Yes Car Credit PPI Posting SAR and first letter this week...

Next up...

HFC Loan - PPI

I put in my AQ and Draft to the court on 31st Jan which was the same day I sent these to Cap1 by recorded delivery and I received my settlement letter on 15th Feb so two weeks.

I haven't checked yet because a) I haven't even received my cheque yet and b) they said they would write to confirm the default was being removed and again to confirm it had been removed - neither of which I've received :mad:

I won't be cancelling that claim until they do!

HSBC *WON* Total £3500

Next Disputing Default Notice - CRA's were very unhelpful, am going to make a complaint to OFT/FSA and considering court action following this.

For the Husband:

Next up...

HFC Loan - PPI

Do you check yours online? I thought you had to pay for this (other than the free 30 days trial or something)?

HSBC *WON* Total £3500

For the Husband:

Next up...

HFC Loan - PPI

Do you check yours online? I thought you had to pay for this (other than the free 30 days trial or something)?

Did the 30 days trial thing and signed up using my Barclays visa electron card (dont use this account anymore), however no money in there now so they'll have to write to me for the money. It may even get me a few more charges from Barcalys. lol

hope they pay out before it gets to court.

That's the worrying part.

But saying that, they don't won't to go to court, and are probably trying to scare us off, and hope we will back down.

Good luck, i will keep checking your progress

Hi Tanz, Talking about signing up to receive updates on your credit file, hubby did just this only a month ago, and guess what, he received an update from the Halifax linking him with an address in South London, a place we have never been to before. After he spoke with Halifax Fraud department, someone had gone into a Halifax Branch to open an account with his name and our address - he already has an account with them, they gace a wrong DOB and a wrong Mothers Maiden name, the Halifax asked this person to bring in ID with something showing the address, they came back a week latter and said that he had moved to the South London Address. Thankfully, Halifax declined the account as their was inconsistencies but had my hubby not have been registered for these updates he would never had known that someone had stolen his ID.

Thought you might be interested!

DS

ps just finished mt Barclaycard bundle and it will be delivered tomorrow to Court as it has to be there by Friday.

Hi Tanz, just found your thread and subscribing to it. I'm in the same boat as you, charges plus default and i will be borrowing your letter if you don't mind.

One point that i raised with Capital One regarding the default was that in transferring my default notice to 3rd party credit agencies they were in breach of sections 1-4-6 of the Data Protection Act, which states that only accurate data can be processed. As the charges were illegal, and as such did not reflect the true state of my account they were in breach of the act and have asked for those notices to be immediately deleted. Got the idea from someone on this forum but didnt book mark it. Hope it still helps.

Hi Tanz, just found your thread and subscribing to it. I'm in the same boat as you, charges plus default and i will be borrowing your letter if you don't mind.

One point that i raised with Capital One regarding the default was that in transferring my default notice to 3rd party credit agencies they were in breach of sections 1-4-6 of the Data Protection Act, which states that only accurate data can be processed. As the charges were illegal, and as such did not reflect the true state of my account they were in breach of the act and have asked for those notices to be immediately deleted. Got the idea from someone on this forum but didnt book mark it. Hope it still helps.

Thanks RD,

One point though, charges are unlawfull not illegal.

Tanz:)

One point though, charges are unlawfull not illegal.

lol, oops!

Yes, I find the Data Protection Act a very interesting approach to it. If I remember correctly the DPA is only based on roughly 12 points anyway, so quite a small act, and taken extremely seriously by the FSA.

10. - (1) Subject to subsection

(2), an individual is entitled at any time by notice in writing to a data controller to require the data controller at the end of such period as is reasonable in the circumstances to cease, or not to begin, processing, or processing for a specified purpose or in a specified manner, any personal data in respect of which he is the data subject, on the ground that, for specified reasons-

• (a) the processing of those data or their processing for that purpose or in that manner is causing or is likely to cause substantial damage or substantial distress to him or to another, and

more...

(3) The data controller must within twenty-one days of receiving a notice under subsection (1) ("the data subject notice") give the individual who gave it a written notice-

• (a) stating that he has complied or intends to comply with the data subject notice, or

• (b) stating his reasons for regarding the data subject notice as to any extent unjustified and the extent (if any) to which he has complied or intends to comply with it.

I am finding this a really interesting approach that somehow I simply had not considered (I am ashamed to say the DPA plays an integral part of my job) but simply argued the charges are unlawfull, and they sent data (my credit rating) to 3rd parties (Equifax, etc..) in turn my credit rating was affected and caused me distress.

Section 1 covers the manipulation of data

• "processing", in relation to information or data, means obtaining, recording or holding the information or data or carrying out any operation or set of operations on the information or data, including-

• (a) organisation, adaptation or alteration of the information or data,

• (b) retrieval, consultation or use of the information or data,

• © disclosure of the information or data by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, or

• (d) alignment, combination, blocking, erasure or destruction of the information or data;

They definetly consulted my data (hi, can i increase my level of borrowing? let me see...mmm....no try again in 6 months.)

I could go on, but need to read the DPA in detail again but in the meantime I have put a couple of chillis up their ****.

My LBA is effectively giving them 21 days on which to act. I think that I will wait for their next respone before sending one last letter to try and resolve this ehm...amicably.

Their "gesture of goodwill" (settling at £12 rather than £20) for the charges is as good as admitting liability. So the data back then was processed incorrectly.

I am really enjoying this one. I let my mate read my LBA and he thought it was quite cheeky. Ha ha, we have them!! They might not crumble easily but we got enough to get them!

lol, oops!

Yes, I find the Data Protection Act a very interesting approach to it. If I remember correctly the DPA is only based on roughly 12 points anyway, so quite a small act, and taken extremely seriously by the FSA.

more...

I am finding this a really interesting approach that somehow I simply had not considered (I am ashamed to say the DPA plays an integral part of my job) but simply argued the charges are unlawfull, and they sent data (my credit rating) to 3rd parties (Equifax, etc..) in turn my credit rating was affected and caused me distress.

Section 1 covers the manipulation of data

They definetly consulted my data (hi, can i increase my level of borrowing? let me see...mmm....no try again in 6 months.)

I could go on, but need to read the DPA in detail again but in the meantime I have put a couple of chillis up their ****.

My LBA is effectively giving them 21 days on which to act. I think that I will wait for their next respone before sending one last letter to try and resolve this ehm...amicably.

Their "gesture of goodwill" (settling at £12 rather than £20) for the charges is as good as admitting liability. So the data back then was processed incorrectly.

I am really enjoying this one. I let my mate read my LBA and he thought it was quite cheeky. Ha ha, we have them!! They might not crumble easily but we got enough to get them!

Good to see you have been doing your hoework RD.

Have you seen this: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/5078-10-data-protection-act.html

Yeah definetly been doing my homework in my time off. Yes, I had seen that thread though it still seems a little too vague for me. I tend to prefer templates with specifics to legal stuff.

Whereas I have been a customer of Capital One Bank since 2001 and whereas I consented in my contract with you to the disclosure by you of certain data to third parties, at no time did I consent and neither was it within the contemplation of the parties to the contract that I did consent to the processing by you of that data in any manner which would be unfair or inaccurate or which in any way would breach The Data Protection Act 1998.

This Notice is given on the grounds that the processing or continued processing by you of the said data will be likely to affect my credit rating and my reputation and cause substantial damage and/or substantial distress to me and my family members in addition to that which may already have been caused and that as the processing of the said data in the way referred to in this notice would violate the fourth, first and sixth principles of The Data Protection Act 1998 to do so would be unwarranted.

In addition to full payment of the sum mentioned above, I require that you remove all default entries from the register. Please note that mere correction or amendment to the entry will not be acceptable. Furthermore failure to comply with this will result in a complaint to the information commissioner for breach of the data protection act.

I am not expecting any deletions at the moment, but i am pushing forward with this. I guess what I will do is wait for their next refusal before modifying the template you pointed to, detailing breaches of the act and notifying them of 21 days to delete.

Yeah definetly been doing my homework in my time off. Yes, I had seen that thread though it still seems a little too vague for me. I tend to prefer templates with specifics to legal stuff.

I am not expecting any deletions at the moment, but i am pushing forward with this. I guess what I will do is wait for their next refusal before modifying the template you pointed to, detailing breaches of the act and notifying them of 21 days to delete.

Good work, mine should be hopefully removed in the next week I estimate if smels is anything to go by. Will keep you posted.

Tanz