EVRi Lost Parcel - Court Claim Issued **SETTLED AT MEDIATION**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you.
In terms of having a scanner, we help everybody for free here and we expect at the very least that they have sufficient equipment to be able to engage with us when we help to sort out their problems.

A scanner is about 70 quid from Currys PCWorld and you have it for years. Also you can download an app on your phone called Adobe Scan which will do a reasonable job – but not as good as a scanner.

Sorry to say that it's your responsibility to make sure the you are able to join in with this in dealing with these issues

Okay, the defence is not exactly the same as previous ones because this time they are referring to your declared value and they are saying that you only declared £100 value and that you are claiming £131.29 p.

I take it that the money on top of £100 is the interest – is that correct?

In which case they are all at sixes and sevens.
Their defence is predicated on the fact that contractually they are only obliged to pay you £20. They are saying that you should take in compensation in which case you might have been entitled to more.

Hopefully you are sufficiently familiar with the Hermes stories on the sub- forum that you understand their response to their requirement for insurance.

Secondly, there challenging the value of your claim because they are saying there is a difference between the amount claimed and you declared value. I have referred to this above and suggested that they are referring to the interest you are claiming. If this is correct then Hermes are being stupid as usual and they haven't appreciated the point.

Complete the DQ. Let us know if there are any questions you need answered on it. Obviously you want it allocated to the small claims track – allocated to your local court because they are a business and you are a litigant in person – and yes, you agree to mediation.

Sent that all off. Once again, make sure that you are happy with the arguments and that is no when the mediation date is and we will go through it again.

• Thanks 1

Yep, the claim of £131.29 is the total amount including £100 declared value, £25 court fee and £6 delivery charge.

I've emailed them proof of value (which incidentally is much higher than my declared £100) and asked them to comment in advance of mediation/court.

Additionally I've notified them that I will be requesting evidence of their extensive investigation into finding my parcel

Okay – it just confirms that they are devious idiots.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • dx100uk changed the title to EVRi Lost Parcel - Court Claim Issued **SETTLED AT MEDIATION**