Natwest Refused To Pay Back!!!!!

Paro
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Guess what I wrote to Natwest Bank requesting for repayments and they wrote to me back saying this " We have considered and responded to the Office of Fair Trading Statements of 5th April 06, we do no accept the Office Of Fair Trading Findings in relation to credit card fees. we are concerned that the office of fair trading has publicly called into question the setting of charges applied to other producets, including current accounts. The office of fair trading has restricted its invistigation to crdits cards and made no attempt to consult with RBS or the inductry in relation to other, entirely differnt products.

Consequently, against that background, we must differ with this view expressed in your letter and will NOT BE REFUNDING :( any of the charges applied to your bank account".

Like i was gonno accept that.. am in the process of writing to them with the third letter.. "letter before action" and will see where it takes me... will keep you all posted.

But one thing i did like about Natwest is that they replied to my letter within 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so guys any suggestions or advice from anyone and everyone is welcome.

cya

Hello

I personally wouldnt wait for the 14 days to be up as they have responded, the 14 days is the timescale they need to reply to you in, you can answer as quickly as you want (and I would have thought they would take you more seriously if you are on the ball and reponding straight away).

C

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]C [COLOR=black]& [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]D :) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC[/B][COLOR=#000000]- Full settlement received & spent! £1,477.93 :-) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=mediumturquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC claim 2![/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - Full settlement offer received 27/06 - £1,116 :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]A&L[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (for my Nan) - full settlement received on day of prelim hearing - approx £1500 :-)[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Halifax[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - full settlement received 30/06 - £2576! :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Barclays[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - Court forms were due to be submitted but he wants to wait for results of the court case with OFT[/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]A&L[/COLOR][/B] - (for a friend) - court forms submitted - claim 'stayed' due to OFT case[/COLOR][/FONT]

Oh Ok I will send the letter of on Monday by Special Delivery.

Dont you think they are taking me seriously?? I mean on the letter it said a Customer Care Team Member is dealing with my case.. but on one of my work colleague's its a manager who was dealing with it and he has successfully got his money.

I think they will know you are taking it seriously, they must be swamped with letters at the moment and they are probably hoping that you will have read their letter and given up (but dont!).. keep following the advice on this site and you should get your money back (i am currently completing forms to take HSBC to court for £1359). It can seem like a lot of hassle but stick at it and fingers crossed it will be worth it.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]C [COLOR=black]& [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]D :) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC[/B][COLOR=#000000]- Full settlement received & spent! £1,477.93 :-) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=mediumturquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC claim 2![/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - Full settlement offer received 27/06 - £1,116 :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]A&L[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (for my Nan) - full settlement received on day of prelim hearing - approx £1500 :-)[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Halifax[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - full settlement received 30/06 - £2576! :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Barclays[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - Court forms were due to be submitted but he wants to wait for results of the court case with OFT[/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]A&L[/COLOR][/B] - (for a friend) - court forms submitted - claim 'stayed' due to OFT case[/COLOR][/FONT]

Yeh at first i was kinda scared to do anything like that but my colleagues at wrk persuaded me to do it and they said they would help me out every setp of the way and then we all signed up to this site all together.. Which has really helped us.

Right at the begining i thought well the bank is right to charge coz we have breeched the contract and wat not.. but then looking at the ucess rates and news.. has encourged me even more.......

am asking for £1478.00 so hopefully i should get it back...

It is the same reply that I have received today more or less, don't worry it is just their standard response, send your LBA as planned.

Would you mind starting your own thread as this one is Paro's, if you need any help doing this just ask.

Good luck everyone!

Michelle xxx

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

Hi Paro

soz for not replying earlier not been on line over weekend, not sure if you've already sent your letter? but I am personally going to wait until the deadline is up I read on another thread to stick to the deadlines that way if it does go to the courts they can see that you have given them a reasonable time to try and resolve the matter. I will try and find this thread for you.

Anyway good luck and keep us updated

Brownie24:)

Hi guys.. Am Back,

I have wrote the letter (the third one "letter b4 action") and am going to send it off today!!!

Thank You very much for all your comments its really helped.. and i guess Natwest have their own standard letter that thy send out to everyone... but that shouldnt put you off in any way, form or shape...

Am still kinda scared to send the letter of, someting is stopping me..(But am still gonno send it of):)

Sorry for the late reply i just havent been on over the weekend so i havent been replying to anyone.

Speak to u all soon.

Paro