Data Protection Act & Payroll company

hackersons
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was recently made redundant while being owed a lot of outstanding wages and my Maternity pay by a small company. I have taken them to an Employment Tribunal and won, however they have still not paid anything to me. The director of the company has now put in an appeal to the judgment, and he is lying about the hourly rate I was on - he thinks he will be able to pay me less in maternity pay if he gets away with this.

I know that the payroll company who dealt with my wages should have a record of my hourly rate and the outstanding money still owed. I have requested all data they have on me using the Data Protection act but they have refused, saying they can only act on the company's request not mine. Is this right? do they not have to stick to the law or are they just trying to bluff me?

Please help as I am really stuck and this has been going on for over a year already!!

Hi,

I was recently made redundant while being owed a lot of outstanding wages and my Maternity pay by a small company. I have taken them to an Employment Tribunal and won, however they have still not paid anything to me. The director of the company has now put in an appeal to the judgment, and he is lying about the hourly rate I was on - he thinks he will be able to pay me less in maternity pay if he gets away with this.

I know that the payroll company who dealt with my wages should have a record of my hourly rate and the outstanding money still owed. I have requested all data they have on me using the Data Protection act but they have refused, saying they can only act on the company's request not mine. Is this right? do they not have to stick to the law or are they just trying to bluff me?

Please help as I am really stuck and this has been going on for over a year already!!

You are the data subject and as such have a right to any data concerning yourself. I would contact the ico and report this company immediately.

Also do you have any recent payslips that show your hourly rate, or at least where the hourly rate can be calculated ?

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

You are the data subject and as such have a right to any data concerning yourself. I would contact the Information Commissioners Office and report this company immediately.

Also do you have any recent payslips that show your hourly rate, or at least where the hourly rate can be calculated ?

....or, alternatively write to them and remind them of their obligation under Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998. Say that if the do not supply you, the Data Subject as described in the Act, with the information within the prescribed 40 day period, you will commence action against them in the County Court. It might just 'concentrate their minds' a little!

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!

Thanks for the tips guys - I have done as you suggested and they have suddenly changed their tune! obviously thought they could bluff me, but I have to wait and see if they comply with the 40 day deadline.

Thanks for the tips guys - I have done as you suggested and they have suddenly changed their tune! obviously thought they could bluff me, but I have to wait and see if they comply with the 40 day deadline.

Glad to have been of help, hackersons. Just remember though, the 40 day clock started ticking on the day they received your original request!

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!