• Tweets

• Hi All. A family friends car was having issues when she was on a trip visiting family up north at the begining of January.  She ended up leaving it at my friends garage in the same location, who parked it on his forecourt to investigate the issue, howver he said most likely it is beyond economical repair as its a serious gearbox fault. In the meantime i replaced her car with one of my spare cars. The insurance on the car then expired in at the end of January.  When the insurance expired, I sent a paper V890 paper as i didnt have her V5 Reference number in hand to do it online (i have a copy of this).  She didnt mention she hadnt recieved any confirmation as she didnt know if she would get one.  She then cancelled her road tax at the end of March (i think) as she was paying by DD. She then was travelling up north so didnt get her ,ail until last week. She recievd a letter dated 09/04/2024 stating she had failed to insure the vehcile and there was a £100 fine which could be reduced to £50 if she respons by 11/05/2024.  As soon as we noticed, i got her to dig  out the V5 and SORN'd the vehicle.   My friend has been a bit slow in checking the fault, however i suspect it will still be scrapped and is still on his forecourt. Is this possible to appeal?
    • worthy to not forget Just to let you know this bunch Kensington have been fined £1.225m by the financial regulator for treating borrowers who were in arrears unfairly. Claim those charges back plus the interest and tell them not to add any more to the account. There are a few news stories here you can get the info for a letter to send to them. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8615870.stm  
    • Hi All. I went to visit a family friend in Rochdale on a new housing estate opposite a old row of houses. The location is Royle Road, Postcode OL11 3PE. I was originally parked in parking bays outside the old houses, then moved the car, when I noticed my tyre was flat, so parked on what looked like double yellows to use his air pump to check and inflate the tyres before we left the house.   In the time i went inside to sort the pump and power supply i got a PCN.  The tyre then got changed (has a puncture) and we left. PCN Number:         RE######## Date:             04/05/2024 Time:             20:36 Observation:         20:34 to 20:36 Reported location:     Royle Park Road Reason:        Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours (Code: 01) I believe this PCN is not correct and has grounds to appeal: 1. My friend who moved into the property around 6 months ago, swears that even though it has old double yellows marked, they are not current or council marked.   He said the property development company had said they had marked them for ease of access during development. 2. The road i was parked on was Royle Road.  The PCN was issued for Royle Park Road, which is about 400 yards up the road. 3. There are no sign posts or marking showing parking  restriction hours in the entire area (there maybe on Royle park Road). I have attached a map of the Location where i parked as a red dot. I have 2 questions: a.  Is there a way to check where double yellow lines are marked on some register to check if they are current? b. Can my grounds of appeal simply be, wrong location, wrong offence? Thanks in advance. Map_20240505.pdf
    • you made it very confusing, though i doubt any of it was ever read by the delivery franchise for DPD. your saving grace might well be you didn't select your own address (though if you are all the same postcode..??) and neither mentioned a safe space other than another neighbour. but with the actual delivery address on the parcel, it appears the driver had a choice of 3 addresses, all under the same post code with differing house numbers. so chose the label one but left it on your doorstep. play it carefully and along with the photo and the retailers requirement you should be ok.   dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

SPML/LMC anyone claimed for mis selling and unfair charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've looked at your thread regarding eviction and believe it would be better if we try and look at this on that thread. I have no ideata what your solicitor will make of this.

As I see it, the main thing that you are concerned about is the roof over your head. Rather than lose your own personal info on this thread can we move here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgages-secured-loans/246906-help-sppl-going-eviction-5.html#post2779606

Sorry dont understand you already LOST MY HOME SO WHAT IS YOUR DIRECTION or are you just trying to cut me out the posts coz I may be negative __ Well you live with yur life in boxes round your house. If this is what I have to deal with then I sign off form your WONDERFUL (apart from some) Forum.

Jetli

it seems you are venting your anger and frustrations at the wrong people, as caro says we are not all familiar with your circumstances, the people that assisted you a while ago are not on the thread t the moment, so in the meantime if you can briefly let the people that aare know what specific help and advice you are looking for, then im sure we will try our upmost to help.

And yes i know what you are going through at this moment in time.

We should all be together through posts past or present whats your problem

According to your thread you weren't evicted.

From what I can see the link I've posted is YOUR thread. I'm not trying to cut you out of the posts at all, but this thread has nearly 6,000 posts, so I can't tell what has happened to you.

I lived from boxes in a house that wasn't mine for 9 months and it was horrible. Please believe I just want to help you.

I understand that Ell-enn helped you when you went to court. Is that right?

Don't worry about SPML or anyone else reading your posts, lets just try and sort out your immediate problems.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hold on why am I am I being cut off from this post? Enough is Enough and Ryde where are you?? This is all to do with SPPL as is the post so why are you directing me in a different way CAG

We should all be together through posts past or present whats your problem

People have different things going on in their own lives and come and go from the forum, so you'll just have to put up with those who are here now I'm afraid. We'll do our best for you.

We're all on your side. It must be awful for you.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

According to your thread you weren't evicted.

From what I can see the link I've posted is YOUR thread. I'm not trying to cut you out of the posts at all, but this thread has nearly 6,000 posts, so I can't tell what has happened to you.

I lived from boxes in a house that wasn't mine for 9 months and it was horrible. Please believe I just want to help you.

I understand that Ell-enn helped you when you went to court. Is that right?

Don't worry about SPML or anyone else reading your posts, lets just try and sort out your immediate problems.

Yeh and good for you im still living that way and SMPL and SppL are still front of this thread is that not we we are all fighting what is your concern all of a sudden?

Jetli

And yes i know what you are going through at this moment in time.

Well you should be I had along enough thread - I want to make people come on here but all of a sudden I semm to be causing problems? But if people read my thread as you have pointed out and read ALL you threads you will see I am 100% with you all and will be after my home is sold to the Vultures

My concern all of a sudden is that you seem to need help, and although you've had it from other people in the past, at this precise moment they aren't here.

I am and if I can help I will.

My concern all of a sudden is that you seem to need help, and although you've had it from other people in the past, at this precise moment they aren't here.

I am and if I can help I will.

I want people to know what SPPL are putting me thorugh thats all DONT NEED HELP they will get there money on sale of house which may be 2 weeks and then that gives them amo to take someone elses SEE WHAT I MEAN. I thought we were all together here. Thats why I am letting Solicitor know to go ahead as so far no hard evidence. I will stay with you all and hopefully claim it back after I am gone from my loving home of 17 years. Some may say BOO HOO coz Ive seen that now but most of you will understand - Keep up the fight it will work out for ALL OF US.

OK as said got 90,000 running on this. Solicitors are careful as they will be accountable if money goes through wrong hands so suggesting they take responsability if they go through Capstone??? is this ok or what? Seling my home for 17 years so be careful. GE and SPPl put me in this situation remember.

Jetli,

who are the solicitors communicating with exactly ???

WHERE ARE AL OF YOU? I am selling my home of 17 years and dont know of yet if we can rent? ALL my house is in boxes with nowhere to go. we may be homeless if we cant get rented Tennants agreement pending fo me and my husband 19yr old son 22 year old daughter nad her boyfriend who knows our situation 30 yrs old ALL ON TENNANTS AGREEMENT. So if this does not go through can we live with you? Ive put my guts through this site I wont be left on the streets with ALL my family. Come on all is helpful. Have you all gone?

Jetli your not making ant sense!! are you looking to rent privately?

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Fair enough jetli.

I obviously misunderstood where you were coming from on this.

Well you should be I had along enough thread - I want to make people come on here but all of a sudden I semm to be causing problems? But if people read my thread as you have pointed out and read ALL you threads you will see I am 100% with you all and will be after my home is sold to the Vultures

Jetli

WELL POST THE LINK UP!!!

AND YES I DO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH!! BUT I, UNLIKE YOU MANAGED TO REMAIN POLITE TO MY FELLOW CAGGERS!!!!:(

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

CAPSTONE but i have been taken off to my own thread WHAT HAPPENDED THERE

This is not your own thread. I was merely suggesting it might be better to use that thread for advice for your personal circumstances now, but you are still on the same thread.

Jetli

WELL POST THE LINK UP!!!

AND YES I DO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH!! BUT I, UNLIKE YOU MANAGED TO REMAIN POLITE TO MY FELLOW CAGGERS!!!!:(

I was not un-polite??????????

This is not your own thread. I was merely suggesting it might be better to use that thread for advice for your personal circumstances now, but you are still on the same thread.

HAD advice just mearly keeping up with SPPL is that OK?? Thats what this thread is al about. Dont need my own one as all have helped up till now so happy on sppl thread thankyou.

Ok fair enough.

God get a life I have read through my threads and cant see why a Woman cant voice her opinion. Most of you are so helpful but some of you are like Lions around a lioness. Women have feelings too. Some of the en mearly take a back view of all of this.

I have a life thanks jetli, and for information am a woman with feelings too.

Last response from me.

OK as said got 90,000 running on this. Solicitors are careful as they will be accountable if money goes through wrong hands so suggesting they take responsability if they go through Capstone??? is this ok or what? Seling my home for 17 years so be careful. GE and SPPl put me in this situation remember.

Jetli,

who are the solicitors communicating with exactly ???

WHERE ARE AL OF YOU? I am selling my home of 17 years and dont know of yet if we can rent? ALL my house is in boxes with nowhere to go. we may be homeless if we cant get rented Tennants agreement pending fo me and my husband 19yr old son 22 year old daughter nad her boyfriend who knows our situation 30 yrs old ALL ON TENNANTS AGREEMENT. So if this does not go through can we live with you? Ive put my guts through this site I wont be left on the streets with ALL my family. Come on all is helpful. Have you all gone?

Jetli your not making ant sense!! are you looking to rent privately?

YES privately where else technically we are making ourselves homeless so where else do we go. I make perfect sense if you listen to me

Edited by jetli

I have a life thanks jetli, and for information am a woman with feelings too.

Last response from me.

Good for you you must be so stronger than me - WELL DONE think I may just sign off this site coz beginning to believe that no one feels like I do - You will all stay in your homes but my FAMILY pushed out by these nasty Fradulant B******s well so be it. Giving up - like someone said living in boxes waiing for my destiny - where I dont know but will try to keep my FAMILY together as I have over the past 23 years.

Edited by jetli

JETLI

As I posted before you cannot under any circumstances jeapordise your sale.To get into any conflict with capstone,sppl etc at this critical time would be suicidal and could cause great delay.

In my opinion you would be doing yourself no favours thinking of people on here at present although this is appreciated and is highly commendable,you beat the eviction and have achieved a sale and have salvalaged something from the hell you have been through from the jaws of eviction.

Your only option is to send the payment to Capstone but insist that your solicitors obtain a written receipt from them stating that they are able to give you a valid receipt for your payment to sppl on behalf of sppl in full and final settlement of your mortgage account and that they are able to remove the charge from your property in favour of sppl..

You always have the option to reopen this dispute once you have settled into another place.

JETLI

As I posted before you cannot under any circumstances jeapordise your sale.To get into any conflict with capstone,sppl etc at this critical time would be suicidal and could cause great delay.

In my opinion you would be doing yourself no favours thinking of people on here at present although this is appreciated and is highly commendable,you beat the eviction and have achieved a sale and have salvalaged something from the hell you have been through from the jaws of eviction.

Your only option is to send the payment to Capstone but insist that your solicitors obtain a written receipt from them stating that they are able to give you a valid receipt for your payment to sppl on behalf of sppl in full and final settlement of your mortgage account and that they are able to remove the charge from your property in favour of sppl..

You always have the option to reopen this dispute once you have settled into another place.

ANW

might be worth copying this post over to jetlis thread.

bo2:(