Erudio/Drydens Claimform - old SLC Loans - stayed - now N244 for SJ

USB53
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

no little chats before you go in...walk away and smile.

be aware its typical for them to claim you did not forward them something.

take your proof of posting stuff with you esp for your statement.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Stick to the points raise in your statement /defence ...best of luck

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

OK so the judge said not SB, that SB would run from end of deferment (Aug 2014), not from start of deferment with SLC (Aug '13).

The Drydens rep seemed pretty useless, and the judge tore into their argument, that they hadn't actually said that, but came to the above conclusion. Ironically my WS hadn't been sent through to him (wasn't Drydens claiming they hadn't got it). But yeah, pretty galling all round. 

So is that it, or is there a chance to appeal? 

thats not correct, sb runs from the date of your last written and signed ack or from your last payment - NOT from the time deferment ends.

if that were so, then all loans would not ever become SB'd until the end of the term for the agreement. i'e 60mts -5yrs.

see what @Andyorch recommends

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

To be honest DX I have never really been sold on your argument that a deferment start acts as the last acknowledgment of a loan rather than the end of the deferment. A deferment does not act like a default notice or terminates the agreement but simply suspends any payment preventing a default notice being issued.

Looking at it from that perspective it would imply that the end of the deferment is when a Default Notice is issued should the payments be defaulted and the agreement terminated.

Grey area As I cant really find anything concrete on deferment and the affects on limitations.

Interesting points raised on Debt Camel.

https://debtcamel.co.uk/old-style-student-loans/#:~:text=If you have deferred every,wouldn't be statute barred!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

but they are both regulated by the consumer credit act...

surely if deferment end was the case, then when you sign up for say a std loan via an agreement that has a payment schedule over say a 5 yrs period.. then if the same were to apply, SB could never play a part in anything until the end of the 5yrs term...and we've not seem that happen or even suggested ever..

and they

But you dont have the option to defer a payment on a standard loan if you miss you get a default notice/termination. Think of " deferment " as suspension of payments without affecting the agreement without consequences  not part of time to add or remove from the Limitation process.

• 5 weeks later...

So... 

Is there enough of a grey area to challenge it? It obviously sucks from my perspective to have never have earned above the repayment threshold, and now being asked to pay it back just as the debts are (supposedly!) getting wiped after 25 years anyway. 

Are there any avenues left to try...?