EMC car sales of Bagshot - ombudsman stage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/09/2019 at 15:08, Chickensatay said:

Hmmm it seems like EMC sales really do stretch the envelops when it comes to dodgy trading. 

I seem to be in the same boat as everyone else that has bought a car from them. Fortunately for me if the motor ombudsman doesn't come through quick enough I can take them straight to court as I exercised my right to reject before the time period expired _ they're now disputing my consumer rights. 

In any case, I'm planning on taking the dodgy dealings of this garage to the local papers. They've already been reported by me to trading standards as the car they sold me was classed as dangerous to drive! I'd be very interested to compile all of this evidence together if anyone would like to send me more details or their cases? Without prejudicing court cases of course. 

I have just got back from holiday to an email from the motor ombudsman, after waiting 6 months for them to reply , it turns out that EMC car sales are not accredited to any of the ombudsman codes of practice so they just tell you to complain to the ombudsman to put you off the scent as they know(EMC) it takes months for any sort of reply .....

Small claims court here we come 

Edited by boyo4
missing words

On 24/09/2019 at 19:42, BlueJean said:

Same thing has just happened to us.

We have been sold a car deemed dangerous.

Turns out that the car had an outstanding recall which was serious and according to local garage the person responsible for the Mot should lose their licence.

There was multiple failures.

I am sending our story to watchdog on BBC.

I can't believe I didn't see all of this prior to purchasing the car in August.

They had so many good reviews on Auto Trader...

Pretty sure most are fake now. 

They gave us the chance of a free MOT if we gave them proof of us leaving  a five star review within 48 hours ..Which our car didn't even last before breaking down .

The car we bought should of failed the MOT due to a sheared sub frame bolt and the lack of a cat converter on the exhaust  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...