Concern about no 10 collecting user data

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Campaign groups and Labour are criticising no 10 for wanting to harvest 'targeted and personalised information' from government websites.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexspence/boris-johnson-dominic-cummings-voter-data?ref=hpsplash

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/sep/10/no-10-request-user-data-government-website-sparks-alarm

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Potential breach of Data Protection Act and GDPR inbound then.  Oo Information Commissioner fines UK Gov for Breaches. User data on Government websites should not be harvested by Political parties, end of, that leads to Orwellian  surveillance fears.l

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It's pretty scary, I think, given what Cummings did with data when he was with the Leave campaign.

Off topic, but I find it amazing that the select committee still want to talk to him and he's in contempt of parliament for refusing them, but he has a security pass for the House. Why hasn't he been arrested?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Probably some arcane rule around parliamentary Privelige HB.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Some will be essential for the online forms to work etc, but you can turn off those that involve Google Analytics.

Should be there if you follow that link on your post.

Yes it more than likely is illegal,

probaby won't do a thing.