BankFodder BankFodder

honeybee13

Concern about no 10 collecting user data

Campaign groups and Labour are criticising no 10 for wanting to harvest 'targeted and personalised information' from government websites.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexspence/boris-johnson-dominic-cummings-voter-data?ref=hpsplash

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/sep/10/no-10-request-user-data-government-website-sparks-alarm

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Potential breach of Data Protection Act and GDPR inbound then.  Oo Information Commissioner fines UK Gov for Breaches. User data on Government websites should not be harvested by Political parties, end of, that leads to Orwellian  surveillance fears.l

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It's pretty scary, I think, given what Cummings did with data when he was with the Leave campaign.

Off topic, but I find it amazing that the select committee still want to talk to him and he's in contempt of parliament for refusing them, but he has a security pass for the House. Why hasn't he been arrested?

Probably some arcane rule around parliamentary Privelige HB.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Maybe, I don't understand all that stuff.

Someone has tweeted this page on the government website about deleting cookies. It does mention that some departments may have their own cookies.

https://www.gov.uk/help/cookies

HB

Some will be essential for the online forms to work etc, but you can turn off those that involve Google Analytics.

Do you have a link for that, BN?

HB

Should be there if you follow that link on your post.

Oh dear, nul points for observation. I've seen it now, thank you. :)

HB

Yes it more than likely is illegal,

And I wonder if the ICO will do anything about it in short order...

HB

probaby won't do a thing.