Faulty Nike trainers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. Just wondering if I could get some advice on the following.

Bought some Nike trainers at a sale price of £89 the RRP is £160

The sole started falling off them after less than 100km (8 months). Only used them on road and for running races only. Not wore them a lot in this period.

Sent them back to Nike. I was hoping for a replacement pair or at least a discount again so I could buy the same pair.

Nike said they will only give me the £89 back.

Thats good but I cant buy the same pair again which I did really like as they have gone back up to £160. They state that their policy is refund only after 3 months.

Am I within my rights to demand an exchange?

On a side note the customer service department has been absolutely shocking and are refusing the escalate the complaint to management and not answering questions.

Cheers

Bill

Im new to this and am just giving an opinion. Seek further clarification and advice on what I post before taking it as gospel :)

1 hour ago, hightail said:

You've had eight months wear out of them and Nike are offering you a full refund.  How is that bad customer service

I'm a runner and wear Nike because they just happen to work on my feet.  Your post has made them go up in my estimation rather than down.

Unless im mistaken they have no choice but  to give me a refund on an expensive pair of trainers that are falling appart after such little use/time. Don't get no brownie points for that. Any company has to do this dont they? Wouldn't waste my precious time trying to make a billion pound business look bad with a post on a forum. That's not my intention.

The bad service relates to the content of their responses and before anyone says it's not just because I didnt like the what they said. The content really wasn't good. 

Will try again rather than digressing.

Could I request that Nike exchange/swap the product rather than being refunded the sale price? They're a great looking trainer and just want the same ones back and can't afford the full price.

Just need someone who knows more than me on consumer law as to where  I stand even if it's not what I want to hear.

Thanks

Im new to this and am just giving an opinion. Seek further clarification and advice on what I post before taking it as gospel :)

Just wish I got more use out of them in this time as they were good. Saved them for best rather than day to day running. Did a couple of half marathons and a few 10k's and that was it. Less than 90k on road in total. Would have another pair if I could get the exchange. Nike air Pegasus zoom turbos