What if you have signed a disclaimer?

born2bongo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I finally lost it about charges when, having gone £6 over the limit, they let us withdraw another £20 without warning we didn't have the funds. This gave them the excuse to whack 2 lots of charges on, and they gave us a bill for £58.

I wrote and complained, but next day I discovered the consumer action group. After reading up on the matter, a couple of days later I began the process to get a full refund, by asking them to summarise our charges for the last 6 years. Meanwhile, I had an online message saying "No deal, your account is still overdrawn".

I then had a written letter saying they would be forwarding statements, followed by a separate letter saying an electronic message had been sent but "here is an offer of a refund". On a separate letter I was asked to sign in acceptance of the following statement:

"I accept the sum of £60 in full and final settlement of my complaint against the bank and I understand the funds will be credited to my above numbered account".

The electronic message is 2 pages of mind-numbing waffle about how goo they are and how concerned for their customers, etc.

My original complaint was partly against the specific charge at the time, but also against the unreasonableness of their practices and charges in general.

My question is, if I sign this am I stopping myself from getting back the much larger sum they've clocked up over the last 6 years?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything similar.

:confused: B2B

"I accept the sum of £60 in full and final settlement of my complaint against the bank and I understand the funds will be credited to my above numbered account".

Does full and final settlement of your complaint relate to the two recent charges, or is it in response to all the charges over a 6 year period?

Which bank is it please?

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

Does full and final settlement of your complaint relate to the two recent charges, or is it in response to all the charges over a 6 year period?

Which bank is it please?

It's First Direct.

I don't have the original letter I sent. I did it electronically from within the online banking pages, and there are no "Sent Items", so no copy.

My main complaint was that charging £30 for going £6 overdrawn was bad enough, but then to authorise a cash withdrawal of £20 and charge another £25 for that was inexcusable. I think I had a general rant about charges after that, but that was it.

The letter I sent later, requesting information about charges was separate, and simply a request, with no complaint.

To my first letter, complaining about the charges, they originally sent an electronic reply, effectively saying "Tough". Later they sent the written offer and the second electronic message. These last 2 items don't refer to my request for charge information, but I bet they connected them.

So I just can't work out if I'm signing away my right to claim the rest of my charges back

it's sounds like you only accepted full and final on those charges [£58] you mentioned first.and as far as i know you can't sign away your legal rights to claim unlawful penalties

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.