Shabby Abbey

stressedlou
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all have come across your site after trailing through a few others.

i sent my request form to abbey on the 20th october.within a few days i recieved a letter saying my last 14 months statements would be sent within the next 7-10 days but the years from 2000-2005 have been archived and would be sent under seperate cover.

recieved recent statements with the 7-10 days but am still waitng for the rest.

spoke to my branch who told me to just phone complaints.

then phoned the number on the letter only to be given the direct number for the progress report enquiry line, when phoning this i was intercepted by the switchboard who said they do not take calls and do i want to be connected to the chairman!!!!

so i gave up and phoned the complaints dept.i was informed by them that they are very busy as i am not the only customer who is doing this (good good) and that they would send them an email chasing them up and i would get a reply from them within 48 hrs!!!

what a bloody run around all i want to know is have they sent them.

so now am gonna wait until the time limit is up then gonna hit em hard.

after reading your forum though what is concerning me is abbey,s ability to close peoples accounts as i have my mortgage and everything with them including quite a large overdraft.

but i am not gona give up i am just so pleased that people power from joe public can actually stand up for themselves with these kinds of people.

DON,T GIVE UP NO MATTER HOW HARD THEY MAKE THEY ARE IN THE WRONG AND NEED TO BE TOLD THIS.

:D

Hey Am A Bored Mum And Really Against Companies That Do This.

Will Keep Updating If Only To Inspire Others To Do The Same!

This Site Is Exellent Have Been Reading Through All Afternoon And Think Its Wonderful That People Are Taking These People On.

Louise

:D

Hey I'm in process of taking Abbey to court.

It took me almost 2 months to get my statements!!!

They are really bad at it, saying they were very busy etc and they waived my £10 statement fee. whoopee.

Keep on in there as they will drag it out as long as they can get away with.

Very frustrating but hopefully it will be worth it in the end!

My court case is in January, 8 months after first applying for my statements!!

Lets all kick them where it hurts, they have been doing it to us, their loyal customers for ages!

Thanks for your input.

am gona really kick them where it hurts.they are gona be so fed up with me phoning them every day hopefully they will hurry up!!!

is it true what ive heard about shabbey shutting peoples accounts??

will keep updating as it goes.

lou:D

Thanks for your input.

am gona really kick them where it hurts.they are gona be so fed up with me phoning them every day hopefully they will hurry up!!!

is it true what ive heard about shabbey shutting peoples accounts??

will keep updating as it goes.

Hi they have been known to close accounts. The best advice is to set up a parachute account just in case they do close your account.

thks mate,

i have my mortgage and all sorts with them including a savings account with a large some of money in.

so let them do that coz ill just move everything!!! lol

i have to say im actually enjoying this, love stuff i can get my teeth into.

one question though, do a wait another couple of days until the 40 days are up or do i just go ahead and send the next letter to them now.

once again thks alot.

rgds

ok quick update.

called sheena small this morning to ask if my microfiche has been sent out.

she has just called me back to say they have been sent on the 22nd nov.

just inside the 40 day limit.

so i think nagging them has done the trick!!!

hopefully they will arrive today and i can get the ball rolling to get my cash back.

:D:D:D:D

hi

think i have started my own thread not sure though!!!

am just trailing my way through them all and what a surprise a whole year is missing!!!

but am gona send this lot off and deal with this as i go.

can,t believe they came in the post today:D

lou

I would wait until you have ALL the statements, chase the bank if you have to, but otherwise you will need to issue 2 claims, extra fees.

I appreciate that you may be impatient to claim back the charges (I was), but it will cause you more work if you dont have all the information first ;)

PLEASE READ THE FAQ's

quick update.

i recieved a second lot by dhl today so now have all the statements that i need, and all within the 40 days (just):D

ive sent off my letter and my charges spreadsheet today,signed for delivery.

watch this space shabbey have now got 14 days.:D

Hi all,

quick update.

would you believe what came AGAIN in the post today.another set of microfiche statements.

would you believe tht shabbey!!!

takes them ages to send me one set then i get another set! (could have saved a few tress there me thinks!!!!!)

have checked through them and they are the same.

lets see if they can refund my money twice too! now that would be a touch.:D

hi all

first may i wish everyone all the best luck for the march today.

i wish i could be there but have too many responsiblities at home.

well i recieved my letter from our little gnome today (marc windup!!!)

as per everyone elses.

dear bla bla,

thank for your complaint bla bla bla,

we will contact you in 4 weeks bla bla bla.

so phoned them and told them they could take 4 weeks to reply but if i don,t have my refund by the 22nd of december i will be proceeding with court action.

have sent my prelim letter last friday which runs out 8th dec or 11th if you go by the recieveing date for them.

so bring it on shabbey!!

quick question do i send off the second letter and just proceed with the court or do i wait until the 14 days for this letter is up before i proceed.

all the best

lou:D:D

hi

some help if possible.

after recieveing my sod off letter from mark "windup" i just want to know.

do i now wait for the 8th dec until i send my lba?

also on the lba letter its states "i calculate they owe me XXXXX plus XXXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest"

is this the 8% that i can add on?

think am having a bit of a braindead moment so any help would be gratefully recieved.

Yes is the short answer to your question stressedlou - this is the interest you can add as calculated by your spreadsheet.

And yes to your 1st question as well. Wait until the 2 weeks are up i.e. as per the timescale you said you would stick to. I'm not sure its that important however you are demonstrating that you are being reasonable and the courts will see that too (if you get that far).

Good luck !!

many thanks.

have managed up until now but that got me slightly confused!!!

am gona take on my credit card companies now.

is it the same sar i send to them to get staements and follow the same process.

sad but i am actually enjoying this!!!

many thanks

Hi all,

I am about to post off my LBA to the SHabby (after postie been tomorrow)

Ive been reading through other threads and think ive confused myself!!

when sending off my LBA what interest rate do i work it out as 8% or 16.9%

also is this to be sent out now with the LBA or do i wait for the matter to proceed in the court direction.

I have my letter to send plus another copy of my spreadsheet with the charges just need to be clear so as not to make any mistakes.

any help gratefully recieved.

thks

Hi lou, its up to you to decide what rate of interest you use, the 8% is the S69 rate of interest and the 16.9 is the authorised overdraft rate of interest that abbey use.

when you send the LBa to Abbey, send the spreadsheet without any interest

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Lou, when you send the spreadsheet to shAbbey with the LBA Dont show any interest, when you file the court papers then you add the interest.

The best way of doing this is to file out the spreadsheet and let it work out the interest for you and then save it as ss with interest or something that you will remember, then take off the interest, print it and save it as something else and then you wont have o keep beggering about with it

hope this helps

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed