Matt666051 Vs HSBC

matt666051
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No, I don't think so. :eek: :o :o

Reclaim bank charges: they're unlawful, so you can get six years money back | MoneySavingExpert.com

The calculator on here worked it out and I included a print out in my letter from the template there.

I used their template as it is the same ones a friend of mine recently used to get his charges refunded.

That was the court rate of interest that MSE was stating, which you are not enitiled to, and which we dont recommend that you try and claim before you issue court proceedings.

The interest you CAN claim at this stage is the debit interest that the bank has charged you on the charges.

I would send an amended letter with either the overdraft interest, or no interest stated immediately, asking that they disregard your first letter.

Good luck

• Haha 1

PLEASE READ THE FAQ's

I've just checked out that link - it is the statutory interest. Be aware that you're not actually entitled to 'claim' this until you begin a court claim. Although it is in your letter and I wouldn't worry about it, I just thought I'd point this out so you know.

claire - just seen your post - I think the worst that can happen is the bank says "you're not entitled to that bit", it won't prevent the claim from proceeding to court eventually.

The thing is it won't affect your right to claim at court, all it does is maybe give the bank the impression that you weren't that clued up about your rights, and thats assuming the person reading your letter knows what your rights are, but at the end of the day if they wanted to settle before court, which is virtually unheard of with HSBC, they would just deduct it. No harm done in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, no response from HSBC. No suprise.

Have drafted a letter advising of my intention to pursue the matter through the courts.

Maybe this will wake someone up and get them to at least responed to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I will not lie down and take a shafting.

I modified the ending slightly to try to get them to pay up minus interest which would be claimed at court stage.

"I require repayment in full of the £3,001.50. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice."

i did exactly the same thing 3 months ago and it affected my claim not one jot - when i wrote the lba - using template - i put something in like - as you can see this claim will escalate to xxxxx when the 8% is added when i file my claim. please find my revised schedule, blah, blah.

now, as you have that sorted out - did you claim the interest on the overdraft - if you didn't, i think you could still add it at this stage saying something like - as i have had no response from you on this matter - i have decided to include the overdraft interest which added to the original claim now stands at xxxx.

if you haven't added it already and want to have a go - i've written a little simplified step by step for the interest

HONEYGIE sees you HSBC!

it's post number 9. if you already have done it or are a whiz at spreadsheets - forgive my elementary approach.

Thanks, I have noted earlier in my letter that if the claim went to the court stage I would claim the interest back but at this point I would be more than happy with the £3001.50 that I thought was gone forever.

Not that I worded like that to them. Don't want to show signs of weakness, otherwise they will be picking the flesh from rotting carcass probably.

let me try one more time - it's me not you - bear with me.

on each of your charges - you may (or may not) have been charged interest on the overdraft itself, this is recoverable and at the level you are talking about, it would be well worth an hour figuring it out. my claim was for 1500 and the overdraft interest added another 250-300 to the claim.

THEN: the 8% interest you add on at claim level is levied on that total - which means it rises even more. if you haven't considered it, just look at that post i gave you above - in honeygie's thread. look back at your statements and see how many "interest" DR charges - then you will have an idea - it depends on your balance at the time as how much will come up on the spreadsheet as part of your claim but honestly, the spreadsheet does all the work. just have a look.

hello matt... it was the same withme.. i think it all amounted to something almost £60...but i still included it... i figured they had the nerve to rob me of even a few pence... well i want them all back if they are rightfully mine.. i worked hard for that money, thank you very much... but then again it is up to you to decide.. goodluck;)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]S.A.R. sent 30 October-reply received 10 november[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Prelim letter sent 28 november- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]LBA sent 13 december- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]MCOL filed 30 december- issued 02/01/07[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]loveletter from colin received 02/01/07-saying will get in touch on feb 9[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]acknowledged claim on 4 jan- has until 1 feb to defend.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]defence entered 31 jan 2007[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]offer received 1-2-2007... still waiting for the moolah though:cool: ...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]and moolah arrives 1-march 2007!!! Praise the Lord!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Lateralus, I have calculated my 8% interest, was about £430ish, so in one way I wouldn't mind if it went all the way to final stages before they finally chicken out. But if they make me any sort of offer over £2,500 before xmas (yeah right) then i'd take it just to relieve all this stress.

Honeygie, I think the amount I would be cliaming in interest would be about that too, but as I have sent two letters already i'm gonna stick with it.

Thanks Both

• 3 weeks later...

you'll get notice of service from courts in a couple of days they have 14 days from the date of service (on the letter) to respond, shortly after you will probably get notice of acknowledgment - which buys them another 14 days(28 from the date of service). when you get the ackn. letter - send 3 copies of your breakdown of charges to the court - referencing your claim no. and send 1 copy to the person (if one is listed) on pg 2 where they tick the box - intend to fully defend..... send dg a copy of your breakdown - also a little cover letter referencing your claim number and a little addition for them charges+interest+court fee = total. then just sit back and wait (or, if you are the proactive type - call them about 3 days later and ask if they received your breakdown).. it's a waiting game after that. but all who hold out, get their money - so.....just have a little patience. you will get there.