Let's Make Cap1 Uncomfortable

blackrain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Battleaxe

Poza78, if you do an SAR, don't just ask for statements, ask for all documentation and telephone logs, this makes very interesting reading and helps you prepare your claim. This is how I established the exact dates for the Section 85.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Battleaxe, I like that idea about going to the OFT en masse. If jdene is right that they could already have a load of complaints then we could add significant fuel to the fire as it were.

It's just trying to organise enough people to do it and all on the same day. Any suggestions on how we rally everyone? I know there are people like elizabeth and smoothy who are definitely up for it.

What if we all post under the same reference ?

Use account number as cap 1 ref and say... CAG 48377 (which is thread number) as our reference? And pointing out that this complaint is part of a mass complaint by CAG members?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read throught the

FAQ's and when your ready, start a thread in your banks forum to keep us all updated!

If the information I have provided is useful, please click the scales!

Guest Battleaxe

Smoothy my lad, that is excellent. I think to allow for the vagaries of the postal system we should allow a certain week as the time frame, say 3 February to 10 February to post the letters. We make sure we all use the same postal address for the letters, so they don't get scattered throughout the office or building, or wherever their desks are located.

Blackrain what is the address you have for them?

I am planning to photocopy everything I have from them and my replies to them, with a covering letter. I think I will besending a parcel. LOL.. I want my complaint to make an impact.

Then shall we come up with a cover note that can be posted here and everyone can use, then download/print/fill in complaint form and send both in that period?

Read throught the

FAQ's and when your ready, start a thread in your banks forum to keep us all updated!

I haven't got an address for the OFT as I didn't think we could use them before jdene posted here. Jdene do you have an address? Possibly to the same person/department that is dealing with your Capital 1 complaint...

I have all my letters from Cap1 and my responses so I can post them. First 10 days in February sounds good. I am limited to my internet access at moment but I will try to PM people in case they have stopped following the thread.

Blackrain,

Is this what you had in mind? Waiting to hear your thoughts.

Hmmmmmmmmmm:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Read throught the

Yeah i am up for this i had a default from them plus £1500 in charges, interest this was from a card i had a £200 limit on im so glad we can now do something over these blatant rip off charges from banks i urge everyone to take them all the way. Just turning down thier pathetic so called goodwill offer of £370,so anything i can do to get these lot back i will be there 100%, it will be a good idea for a template letter to be drawn up for us all to use.

Spider, where abouts are you in your claim process?

I also had a measely £200 card from cap one and mounted up similar charges. Surely this will look even better in court if they can see that we only ever borrowed £200 and it ended up costing more than a 5k loan!

Hi guys, if there is gonna be a template letter made up, i for one will be filling it in and sending it off, cap one passed my details ontp Debitas, who called me repeatedly, i asked them to stop calling but they didn't, i reported them to OFT and my local trading standards, who were, in turn, gonna report them to trading standards in Nottingham,(home of Debitas) i have since called my local trading standards to let them know that as my partner is on night shift and being woken by these calls, i have had to change my number, a bit of a hassle for me, but would loved to have seen the look on the face of the Debitas guy when he couldnt' get thro' to me...lol. not the ideal way to deal with the situation, but it was my only choice

Lynne,

As well as changing your number you could consider getting your own 0870 (10p per min) number. You can get these free or for about £10 off the net. They link to your existing phone number and you get a portion of the revenue.

You then hook it up to a nice long recorded message and pass the number to all the financial institutions .................................

:D:D:D

There is no such thing as impossible; only the degree of difficulty required to achieve the desired outcome.

Read through the

FAQ Section.... Use these links :grin:

Like what I say show - add to my reputation (click the scales!)

My advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

Halicrap - Full settlement 12/06 £408.34

Crapitol 1 - Settled in Full 27/04/07 £15808-)

All & Pester - Claim served £5695 4/09, Stayed

Woolsnitch mortgage accounts - Claim served £2995 4/09, application to strike out 06/09

Lloybles - No CCA, CPR disclosure notices served.

Dear all,

If it helps here is a letter I sent by fax to the OFT with the address re: Halifax

Regulatory Section

Consumer Credit Licensing

Room 1C/5

Office of Fair Trading

Fleetbank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX

Fax 0207 211 8429

I wish to inform you that I do not consider Halifax plc to be a “fit and proper person”, therefore this organisation should not hold a consumer credit licence.

Since June 2006 I have requested Halifax plc repay excessive and unlawful bank charges, which they had taken from my account. They refused to do so, stating that the charges were a true reflection of there costs incurred regarding my administering of my account. The charges were for the sending of a computer generated letter notifying me of an overdraft or a refused direct debit. The charges levied were £39.00 on each occasion. By way of the service of a subject access request I discovered that no manual intervention took place on my account.

It is apparent that Halifax plc are purporting that the charges levied on its customer accounts are lawful and a true reflection of the costs incurred. This is not the case, Halifax plc are merely profiteering at its customers expense. The charges levied are far in excess of any cost incurred by them; a fact that they are well aware of. Despite much press coverage and numerous claims against them, Halifax plc continue to levy such charges.

I would contend that the actions of Halifax plc are tantamount to a criminal deception.

I ask that you investigate this matter and consider revoking the consumer credit licence of this dishonest organisation.

Yours faithfully,

Have fun ................ :D:D:D:D:D

There is no such thing as impossible; only the degree of difficulty required to achieve the desired outcome.

Read through the

My advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

Woolsnitch mortgage accounts - Claim served £2995 4/09, application to strike out 06/09

Thanks for the appreciation. You may be interested in other angles, ie the application of The Fraud Act 2006 see thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/47827-fraud-act-2006-time.html

You may find this an interesting twist :D:D:D:D:D

Read through the

I have just received a letter from Crapitol One.

Dear Mr Smoothy

Thank you for your recent enquiry thatll be my cca request then...

I have enclosed details of the terms and conditions for your credit card account.

If you have further enquiries about your account please call customer services on 0800 952 5150

Guess what...

The T&C's Mark Hawkins (no relation to Steven then...) sent me are their latest ones and not the ones in force when I signed. Now as I understand it, for fixed credit under CCA they must supply the ones in force at time of signing. For running account credit, (as they have that little bit in t&c's about changing them, at will) will the most recent ones be applicable as complying with my cca request?

Answers on a postcard please to......

If they are applicable then im at a complete loss as to why they are persuing me.

I (allegedly) owe £98 on my card. They have applied £100 of charges to my account. Why will they not see sense?!!

I may just phone them to cheer myself up. I need a good laugh!

Read throught the

Hi ya Lizzy!

Is that a speach impediment or did you mean to say sucking?!!!! :lol

Read throught the