Harmon Vs Natwest

dink
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, firstly i like to thank the people who run this site and everyone who posts on it. You information has been invaluable. I started the process of claiming charges back from Natwest in September through info from an ebook that my brother passed onto me (letter templates were similar but not the same). The problem i currently have is that the process was slightly different than is on here. Here's what i did:

1) Sent letter requesting 6 years backdated statements

2) After receiving them i totalled up the charges and used the ssheet from here to work out the interest (£2,030 inc. int)

3) Sent a letter, in Oct 06, requesting full refund including interest and stating that if i didn't receive a full refund i would take them to take to recover the charges.

4) Got a standard naff off letter back saying that they didn't agree with the OFT and that they wasn't going to refund any charges.

My first question is do i now proceed with a moneyclaim claim or do i send them another letter giving them another chance?

Secondly, in the few months since i initially sent my letter requesting a refund of my charges they have hit me with another £150ish. Do i need a fresh claim for this or can i tag it on to this one?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, dink

If you have only sent the bank one letter (not including your request for bank statements) then you should now send them the LBA: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html-

Once you have given them 14 days to respond to this letter then you can proceed with your court claim.

With regards to the extra charges you've received, you are able to amend the ammount of the claim right up until the point of filing your claim.

Stick to the guidleines layed out on this site and you will be fine. All the letters and templates on this site have been tried and tested in successful claims, so it would be best to stick with them.

Good luck!

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D