Bank Contest/Defend

Dellean
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need help as I think my Bank, The Woolwich, will either contest or defend my claim because I have had several correspondence with them before taking them to Court. Has anybody been in this situation. Please help. What do I do?:(

Yes, I knew it! The Woolwich has filed an acknowledgement:- I have just received it but has been dated 17th November.

Intending to defend all of the claim.

The Defendant has 28 days from the date of service of the claim form with particulars of claim or of the particulars of claim to file a defence.

Filed by:-

Barclays Legal & Compliance

Litigation & Disputes

Level 29

One Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

Panick has set in. Is anyone there that can help me please.

Hiya - what exactly do you want help with?

Dont panic first off this is normal! they wills end a defence to teh court now, and then you will be sent an AQ to complete!

You have to cough up a further £100 and return it to the court (usually get a two week deadline) then its sit back and wait for a court date or settlement off the Wooly which ever comes first. Im waiting for my court date at the moment - but as youve learnt from experience the Wooly like to pay up the day before (ive read one story where they have met the person outside the court). So your timescales are now in the hands of the courts which are having huge backlogs so im afraid its a waiting game now!!!

• Haha 1

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

• 2 weeks later...

I have been away for a few days and I thought I will come back to meet my cheque from the Woolwich but the opposite had happened. Received my AQ today. I am sure I found how to complete this form or a similar one on site. I am now looking for Form N150. If anybody can help please post a reply as soon as possible. Dellean

3 threads merged. Please keep to one thread per claim, it will help keeping track.

If you thought that you would have got a cheque by now, you haven't read around enough. Barclays/Woolwich/Barclaycard have by now a well established pattern that seldom deviates, and that is to hold out until between 5 and 1 days before the hearing date to settle.

Read other people's threads. Read the ones in the successes forum, it will teach you how your opponent usually works. Knowledge is very much power here. ;-)

My wooly got settled about 20 days before the hearing -maybe they are just feeling festive!!!

Again with dry humour!

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

Hi all. Im currently awiating the woolys next move, as I read many times they left until the last minute to file aknowledgement and have up to 11th to file defence etc. But assuming they do...and of course they will...what other costs are involved? Only I thought that once you payed the initial court claim fee, the courts did the rest?? Am I being a naive fool? Please advise...

Hiya James

What you need to do is start your own thread in the wooly forum And I willahppily answer any queries you have on your thread.

If you PM your link, so I can find your thread quiclkly I will reply to you!!!

Good luck all!!

Allyxia