Prime Location Services - Letter out of the blue

Wayne C
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can I ask then why don’t these companies specify on the initial letter “Mr Jones you owe so and so £500?, you haven’t paid it we have took over the retrieval of said amount?”. As I say I have just joined the electoral roll have a rare name which leads me to think it must be me they wish to contact?. Why not just come out with it In this letter rather than scaring people and making them worry. Surely it would be better to say we think it’s you if it isn’t you then phone us. I just don’t get why they cannot be specific and lay their cards on the table stating the facts?.

I have looked through all my paperwork and cannot see a single thing outstanding, this is very puzzling but I’m the type who doesn’t like letters without explaination of what they wish to discuss - “ our client “ doesn’t sit well with anyone I’m sure. Why they don’t just spill out the facts is beyond me?, I once got a letter for a previous person who lived at my property saying they owed money ( stated amount in £££ ) I had to deal with people knocking on my door asking for this person on a regular basis - no wonder I’m anxious I don’t want the same happening to me. I would have appreciated the facts in black and white rather than a vague letter with nothing at all mentioned .

You need to stop worrying.

You also need to stop imagining they look at this like you do, with morals and logic.

When you accept that they feel it is fine to “play a numbers game” and send out letters like confetti in the hope a small percentage of people reply : their methods and reasoning become clearer.

Thanks for your help on this I appreciate it and the other posters valued comments ,

I’ll put all my documents away and try to forget about it until something else comes in the post.

As you rightly say it’s a numbers game and they obviously have an understanding that certain members of the population are more likely to become worried and reply and others just file it in the bin and get on with their lives.

Obviously if I read something else with specifics which I can readily relate to and identify with as me I’ll come back and let you know, if you can stand my wittering!!. All the best

No please don't..getting boring now..:madgrin:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...