Thank you letter to banks.

skyap
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In the post telling you what to do when you've received your refund, it recommends writing a letter to the bank to thank them. I'm just a little stuck on how to word this letter! Has anyone else done this?

Also, if they have refunded your money, yet specified some terms in the refund letter, how should this be dealt with?

Cheers,

S.

In the post telling you what to do when you've received your refund, it recommends writing a letter to the bank to thank them. I'm just a little stuck on how to word this letter! Has anyone else done this?

Also, if they have refunded your money, yet specified some terms in the refund letter, how should this be dealt with?

Cheers,

S.

Although I can usually write a reasonable letter, (not, though, to the standard of some here), I confess I'd be hard pressed to find the right words to 'thank' someone for 'giving me back' what's rightfully mine anyway. Even more so if the 'gift' had been taken from me unlawfully, as seems to be the case with most 'charges' described on here!

That's even more especially so if I'd had to put up with some of the delaying tactics amply demonstrated in other Threads.

However, that said, a carefully and tactfully worded 'acknowledgement of receipt' does seem to me to be the polite way to conduct business.

The only circumstances in which I would actually 'thank' anyone for a repayment are those in which the institution concerned refunded me in full immediately (or soon) after receipt of my preliminary request. I think that would deserve 'thanks' for saving me the trouble of pursuing a claim, if nothing else.

If the 'gift' came with accompanying 'acceptance terms' I would reject these as a matter of course. I seem to remember reading in a Thread on here somewhere recently that any 'terms of acceptence' do themselves warrant an additional payment to that claimed/refunded.

In many places here the advice given has always been that repayments should be 'unconditional' and, in my opinion anyway, they should always remain so too.

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!