• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Backdoor Hoist CCJ - old BPF car Finance - set aside

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes if the claim was sent to a totally unconnected address and even suggest that they set a side at their cost.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I am unclear as to how I should proceed regarding the next steps the court take.

I have just told you in last post.that you have simply disregarded or not read.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Ring Hoist and ask for the claim hander of your claim....tell them you intend to set a side and will request costs or give them the opportunity to set it aside themselves by consent.

Once you make that call today...all the above will cease.

The AO is dead its been returned to the court....again for using the wrong address...so you dont go filling in an N56 and returning it...let them sort it.

If and when you receive notification of application for Warrant...you will be given 7 days notice and time to respond...hopefully the set a side will be being processed by that stage.

• Like 1

And they admitted serving on an unknown address?

Possibly not...as like most DCAs......I will prepare an N244 and draft Order for you later......Im a bit snowed under at the moment.

• Thanks 1

Complete as follows

3.To set a side default judgment number xxxxxxx dated xxxxxx issued by xxxxxxx County Court.Pursuant to CPR 13.3 a & b.The claim form was not deemed good service and sent to an unknown and unconnected address CPR 6.18 (2) .The claim form was never received nor returned to CCBC

4. Yes

5. At a hearing

6. 30 mins

7. (only complete is your not going to be available on a certain date IE Holiday)

8. District Judge

9. The Claimant  9a The Claimants address

10. (optional)

Attach the following draft order to the application.

#### START OF ORDER #### 

In the ......... county court
Claim No. ...

Before

District Judge ………

Dated ……… 2020

Claimant A

and

Defendant B

Draft/ORDER

IT IS ORDERED THAT:

1. The Judgment be set a side pursuant to 
 CPR 13.3 (a & b))  and CPR 6.18 (2)
2. The Defendant requests costs in making this application.The Judgment Claimant has refused to set a side knowingly that the claim was sent to an incorrect address.

#### END OF ORDER #### 

As it was a default judgment then it would be CCBC.....why would it have been transferred to CCMC ? It would only be transferred for execution purposes...AOE /Warrant...which neither have been successful or yet to materialise  ?

But if the file is with CCMC give them a ring and check it is correct to send them the application.

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor Hoist CCJ - old BPF car Finance - knowingly sent to wrong address - set aside

Updated their records to the corrected number or your new current address ?

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor Hoist CCJ - old BPF car Finance - set aside

Given that the the court claim was served to an unconnected address...you really shouldn't need to support the application with an intended defence.....it should be set a side and you should be allowed to defend the claim in the normal manner from scratch.

Inform the court that the claimant knowingly admits to bad service with an incorrect unconnected address and was not prepared to set a side by consent.

Best of luck

Andy

• Like 1

So how did it go...no update ?

the incorrect address was my error

Really .....?    could you expand ?

I would have thought that they would have given it due diligence and checked your correct address.....the court process is that service is only good if sent to the correct current address or last known address.....they served it on neither in this instance and therefore the Judge is incorrect....unless he also decided that your argument was weak or incorrect also so no point in allowing the Set a side. 

Moving onto payment arrangements..you must do this by the official avenue using the N245...do not agree directly and informally with the claimant...you will be hounded and harassed every six months for review.