Capquest/restons claimform - old Shop direct CAT 'debt'

HSBCrusher
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are brief, vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. The claimants first paragraph is in question with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant. The Defendant cannot recall having signed a contract with the claimant, and whether any monies were owed. The claimant has failed to provide any evidence of contract or breach as requested by CPR 31.14 and is in default of a Section 77 request.

3. The second paragraph is denied the Claimant is put to strict proof that a notice of assignment was issued to, and received by the Defendant. The Defendant maintains that a notice of assignment was never received. Regarding paragraph 2, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer creditlink3.gif Act 1974.

4. On receipt of this claim, I the Defendant sent a request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, by way of a section 77 for a copy of the agreement and payment of the statutory fee of £1.00. The claimant has refused to comply with my request.

5. As per Civil Procedurelink3.gif Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed and evidence any breach and notice of breach by way of a default notice or notice of sums in arrears.

Therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.

6. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

So I am to admit to having a contract? If you never have then no dont admit but from your post #7 When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? 2009 It would appear that you do know of it.

I can't remember ever signing a contract with these guys. I never said you did nor does my suggestion

As its a littlewoods type thing I would have not signed one anyway.

Correct that is why you are putting them to strict proof to disclose it...they will need it.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

2. The claimants first paragraph is in question with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant. The Defendant cannot recall having signed a contract with the claimant, and whether any monies were owed. The claimant has failed to provide any evidence of contract or breach as requested by CPR 31.14 and is in default of a Section 77 (78) request.

They are the assignee...they never said you did sign an agreement with them the claimant ...they stated Shop Direct

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Simply change it to ...

1.Paragraph 1 is noted.Although I do not recall entering into a contractual relationship with Shop Direct or aware of any balance owing .I have therefore sought clarity by way of a CPR 31.14 and Section 78 request.To this date the claimant is and remains in default of my requests.

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are brief, vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2.Paragraph 1 is noted, although I do not recall entering into a contractual relationship with Shop Direct or am aware of any balance outstanding. I have therefore sought clarity by way of a CPR 31.14 and Section 78 request.To this date the claimant is and remains in default of my requests.

3. The second paragraph is denied the Claimant is put to strict proof that a notice of assignment was issued to, and received by the Defendant. The Defendant maintains that a notice of assignment was never received. Regarding paragraph 2, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer creditlink3.gif Act 1974.

4. On receipt of this claim, I the Defendant sent a request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, by way of a section 78 for a copy of the agreement and payment of the statutory fee of £1.00. The claimant has refused to comply with my request.

5. As per Civil Procedurelink3.gif Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed and evidence any breach and notice of breach by way of a default notice or notice of sums in arrears.

Therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.

6. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Edited by HSBCrusher
try that...

• 1 month later...

I had a letter confirming my defence. The letter is dated the 21st Dec

Not heard a dicky-bird since. It says 28 days for them to respond on the letter, we have gone wayyyyyy past that.

I'm assuming the court will automatically stay the claim?

Its stayed...no need to check.

That's it then.

So they can just fire out court claims willy-nilly with no evidence, stressing people out.... this is bordering on abuse of the court system.

I suppose they could still apply to lift the stay.

TY for the support.

750,000 speculative claim were issues last year

hoping for a non contested default rubberstamped judgement

where nothing is checked and no human ever gets involved.

+85% succeed

there are recent moves in parl to outlaw it

but itll come to nothing

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the figures explain themselves. 750,000 claims is making the "business centre" a lot of cash. I dont think the powers that be would want to give up on the income!

anyway, that's a big stress that turned out not to be.

ty for the help everyone.