style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting but depressing article, TJ. I didn't know about those institutions, but I can see the point about our waning influence. Europe doesn't care that we've done this to ourselves, they're just letting us get on with it.

Several political commentators have said that Britain has made itself a laughing stock and I'm starting to believe them.

Cameron calls a referendum that he clearly thought would go the other way, so he ran a rubbish campaign and didn't have a plan when a majority voted leave. Having said he would stay on afterwards, he disappeared overnight.

Then May calls an election she said she wouldn't call and manages to lose a 20-point lead in a few weeks by running about the worst campaign in history.

And we still don't seem to have a plan for Brexit.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Not wanting to take the thread off topic, but King's people should be wary of being seen to make themselves deliberately homeless because the council won't help them. Equally, there are deprivation of capital rules if they want the local authority to pay for their care.

King, if you want to discuss this, a separate thread would be a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a medical research institute that's likely to be lost to another country, along with 1,000 jobs.

And then there are the banks and financial institutions talking about going to Frankfurt, Dublin, etc. My OH's company is talking about moving its head office to Paris so it can stay in Europe.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/aug/08/top-uk-research-agencies-will-lose-out-in-brexit-relocation-of-eu-medicines-regulator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks