• Tweets

• Most contracts are subject to the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 which provide that you have a cooling off period of 14 days when you make a contract online or off premises. Unfortunately there are various exemptions and insurance contracts is one of them. It's hugely unfair in my view. Obviously if the insurance cover has already started then it may well be fair – but for a contract to start and insurance cover in the future, it seems to me that there should be a right to cancel at least until the beginning of the cover. So the answer is – yes they are entitled to levy a charge although that charge has to be reasonable and to reflect their administrative losses caused by your breach of contract. £29 sounds a little bit on the steep side and you can make an issue of it if you wanted. That means that you could require them to give you a detailed breakdown as to how this reflects their administrative losses and if you felt that you disbelieve them, you could decide to issue a claim and take it to the Small Claims Court. I would say that in the event there is a very high chance that they would back down simply because it wouldn't be worth their while to defend – but you can't bank on this and it would be a risk to you.  
    • Yes please - as requested above please will you post the claim form and the judgment in pdf format
    • Hi,   I searched online for an insurance company using compare the market. Sheila's wheels came out with the best quote so I telephoned them to arrange the purchase. After I had paid out the initial amount of £70 and agreed a direct debit I then cancelled my soon to expire Insurance policy. I immediately received an email from that insurance company informing me I no longer had my no claims bonus due to an accident last June. I telephoned Shelia's Wheels to explain that I had made an error, instead of 3 (which I had put on my original agreement), I had now been informed I had none. They put the policy up by another £300, so I asked to cancel. They now want to charge me 29 pound something for cancelling. I made the mistake with the no claims bonus because compare the market keeps a record of my information & this was what was in that information about me, including the date of my accident.    Do they  have a right to charge me? My insurance would have taken effect on the 15th November 2019.   Thank you.
    • I'm on happy pills (anti depressants) but they aren't cutting the mustard anymore and I do need to see my GP soon to see if he can help in anyway. With regards to gambling it's so complicated; through my life I have made money (as well as having had some jobs)  being a "professional gambler" (gambling where the odds are in your favour - think card counting for example, fruit machines years ago for a long time.... Other things.) But I've also been totally compulsive at the same time. It;'s so entrenched in my psyche that it's hard to imagine just giving it up totally. I also have drug issues that have plagued me and it's a shame because I am fairly intelligent and could have been successful in life in theory but mainly due to those two things (and not really having any drive, ambition, whatever... I could go on and on but this isn't a therapy forum :P) I've not managed to. I'm 36 by the way. Cheers
    • Oh I just remembered I have a long defaulted account with Halifax balance approx £3700 I believe (from around 2015) but they aren't chasing me for it or anything. It was actually over £5000 but they refunded me a load of unfair charges (their words)  This does however push me over the £20,000 limit for a DRO I think?  
  • Our picks

rs500man

MBNA - PPI Claims - Advice required

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1148 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

first of all to say hello to all users. i am new here be gentle :). i have read the forum rules etc .

feel free to say hello and if i can help i will.

right down to the nitty gritty.

i have recently discovered i had ppi with mbna on 3 accounts out the 6 they told me i had in total

(possibly linked cards)

they are investigating the 3 they have told me about. is it worth me sending sar requests for the others. just read some old posts regarding dishonest mbna online. or am i barking up the wrong tree here.

grateful for any help or advice

all the best

Are you sure you had three separate policies?

With linked cards, you usually just have the one policy.

Warning: Freemen of the Land Operate here. Think twice before accepting 'legal advice'.

Hi thanks for replying

They sent me 3 separate letters for each of the 3 cards they investigating. Tbh my initial phonecall the guy on the phone was helpful. He told me the 6 numbers and what years they were from and which had ppi. 1 of the 3 cards is from 2002 and the other 2 are from 2003.

I have got 3 standard no ppi on cards letter for the 3 that they told me had no ppi stating the obvious I know.

Any thoughts ?

I can call mbna in am and report back weather they all 1 account or separate

Thanks

Hello and Welcome rs500man,

I'd think it would be worth your while sending a SAR for all the information they have on you, cost you a £10 mind but could come up trumps.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hello and Welcome rs500man,

I'd think it would be worth your while sending a SAR for all the information they have on you, cost you a £10 mind but could come up trumps.

Yeah I will do. Will keep thread updated

Thanks for your time and reply. Appreciated

Spoke to mbna. They are all separate account and not linked.

Had another letter saying will let me know by 12th October of any decision.on all accounts

Had another letter saying will let me know by 12th October of any decision.on all accounts

Let's hope you get some good news.

Hopefully mbna redress honestly. Tbh they have now said I've got ppi on an account they first said that never had it. See what happens after the 12th. See if they need to be sar'd . Will ask for the sheet versions etc etc

See if they need to be sar'd .

Yes, It's always worth sending a SAR, more than likely the best £10 you'll ever spend.

Yeah I've had a payout from barclays before I discovered cag. There sar deadline is coming up. Hoping they have been honest. Also mbna as above. I've read some of the past horror stories on here