• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Quick Response from Halifax ***WON***

scouser9
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello again Ladies and Gentlemen.

Just thought I would tell you that I have just started on the trail of going after my money from the Halifax.

Let me explain a little, I browsed your forum for a while and then decided to join and let my say the forum is exceptional in all fields.

Anyway after reading some of your members thoughts and convictions decided to check my status with the so called Halifax,

So I sent them in my first letter on the 13th Of November 2006, which is this one

NOTICE THE DATE

Leigh

Lanc’s

XXX XXX

13-11-2006

Letter 1

Halifax Bank

Bradshawgate

Leigh

Lancashire

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Data Protection Act 1998 request for XXX XXXX XXXXXXXxxxxxx

And today I recieved a letter back from their Co-Manager which goes as follows.

NOTICE THE DATE

13th November 2006

Dear Mr xx xxx

I am writing with regards to your letter dated 13 November 2006 requesting charges information for the last six years. You enclosed a payment for the information, however we will provide you this information on an informal basis without charge.

Please find enclosed the cheque for £10:00.:)

Your concerns will be dealt with as quickly as possible, but if you need to speak to me in the meantime, please telephone me on 08457 39 49 59,

Yours sincerely

Catherine Saunders

Co-Manager

My question is where do I go from here and did I do it right, as the speed of their response frightened me a little.:|

Thanks

Mikey

scouser9:)

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

If you find that I have helped in anyway please click on the scales to left of the screen- Thank you

Advice & opinions of Scouser9 are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

50% Of claim offered by The Halifax 09/12/2006

LBA letter sent 11/12/2006

Refusal in part of Payment sent 12/12/2006

Halifax settled with £4200 agreed amount 27/12/2006

Survey Submitted and Donation Made 02/01/2007

PPI Claim Sent To Halifax 25/11/2008

PPI Claim Halifax Won 31/12/2008

PPI Claim Sent To Carcraft 22/12/2008

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Shaz.

But I have decided to let everything run its course whilst I get every bit of ammunition that I need ( just in case of war ).

I am just a little unsure of the charges thing they have stopped some months upto £176 in their words charges notified of lumps of £39 or £28 a time.

Do I request the £39 or £28 back each time or do calculate anything over the £12 barrier mentioned in this forum alot

Mikey

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

If you find that I have helped in anyway please click on the scales to left of the screen- Thank you

Advice & opinions of Scouser9 are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

WOW!!!!! Talk about fast Good luck

01/09/2006 Data Protection Act sent

04/09/2006 Data Protection Act recieved by Halifax

28/09/2006 Called Halifax to see if they have done anything about Data Protection Act letter

17/10/2006 Non Compliance LBA sent

23/10/2006 Phone call made

24/10/2006 statements arrived

24/10/2006 prelim letter sent asking for return of £1455.87

08/11/2006 LBA sent ;) court next :p

14/11/2006 good will gesture made offered £513 now claiming £1639.95 :D

15/12/2006 Court claim number Halifax must respond by 23/01/2007

05/01/2007 PAID IN FULL WOOHOO

Can anybody answer my question about the charges I ask to be refunded

Do I request the £39 or £28 back each time or do calculate anything over the £12 barrier mentioned in this forum alot

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

everything that has "CHARGES AS NOTIFIED" with it use the spread sheets it calculates it for you that will be all the £39 and £28

28/09/2006 Called Halifax to see if they have done anything about Data Protection Act letter

Thanks a lot doinmaheadin.

I have the spreadsheets already downloaded and ready to use, I was just not syure of the figure to use,

Mikey

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

Yes whether they decide to now charge £12.00 is their problem, in fact that was only a recommendation by the OFT not a ruling, so you are reclaiming in full each charge they have debited from your account.

• Haha 1

Hello again Ladies and Gentlemen.

Just thought I would tell you that I have just started on the trail of going after my money from the Halifax.

Let me explain a little, I browsed your forum for a while and then decided to join and let my say the forum is exceptional in all fields.

Anyway after reading some of your members thoughts and convictions decided to check my status with the so called Halifax,

So I sent them in my first letter on the 13th Of November 2006, which is this one

NOTICE THE DATE

Leigh

Lanc’s

XXX XXX

13-11-2006

Letter 1

Halifax Bank

Bradshawgate

Leigh

Lancashire

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Data Protection Act 1998 request for XXX XXXX XXXXXXXxxxxxx

And today I recieved a letter back from their Co-Manager which goes as follows.

NOTICE THE DATE

13th November 2006

Dear Mr xx xxx

I am writing with regards to your letter dated 13 November 2006 requesting charges information for the last six years. You enclosed a payment for the information, however we will provide you this information on an informal basis without charge.

Please find enclosed the cheque for £10:00.:)

Your concerns will be dealt with as quickly as possible, but if you need to speak to me in the meantime, please telephone me on 08457 39 49 59,

Yours sincerely

Catherine Saunders

Co-Manager

My question is where do I go from here and did I do it right, as the speed of their response frightened me a little.:|

Thanks

Mikey

scouser9:)

Yes, That was blooming quick. It took them a week to respond to myself. I think that the hard part though is getting them to part with 'their hard earned money'. Good luck dude.

Thanks for the remarks lads, do you think I should open another account elsewhere before the heat rises;)

Or should I leave a bit in so that they keep on charging me these fees ;) ;)

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

I was worried too - I sent my Prelim letter off on 6th November, got a standard letter in two days and a first offer on Saturday 11th (five days after my letter was received!)

I am of course rejecting, but was quite scared of doing so!

;)Halifax £1,240.00 - Preliminary Letter sent 6/11/06

:???:Standard reply received 8/11/06

:pOffer received 11/11/06

:rolleyes:Offer rejected 21/11/05 and LBA sent

:wink: Claim filed in County Court

Howdy scouser :)

Personally mate, i would open another account, to have a cushion should you need it. As far as i can tell , i think the best thing to do is follow the advice of the CAG to the letter....ie...open another account, and be prepared to go to court.

I have my wages now going into another account, i recieved a letter from the bank saying about contract, steady income etc, but because the account is in dispute, it is kinda frozen from charges!

I cannot see the point of letting them keep charging you fees, it is only going to create more hassle for yourself when you have to keep amending your letters to reclaim it back. Just my opinion mate.

Good luck out there buddy

Edit:spelling and grammar!!!! :)

• Haha 1

Request for statements sent 19/10/06

Thanks Guys I will follow all the rules and all the steps, My daughter is watching very carefully as she is going after them next.:cool:

I will be going after the Abbey National as well I closed a account a couple of years ago because of this same thing. But I had not met you guys then:)

Cheers

mikey:wink:

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

Hi Gang,

Just thought I would let you know that I have come across old Statements going back to 2003 and the sum I thought would be a couple or a few hundred pounds as now turned into 4 grand I am getting a litlle worried now. Surely they are not going to give all that back.:-|

When I asked earlier in the thread about should I count it up as £39 or £28. And thanks for the replies. Now on the statenments that say Charges As Notified, how do I find out where they were Notified to me perhaps my claim is not as good as I thought or led you to believe. I do hope I have not made a big mistake as at the moment my wages and everything is being paid into the account.

If it goes to court do I have to prove where the Charges As Notified come from and to what made them charge it me in the first place.

Sorry to be a pain.

But I must mention the moderators and this forum, Take my thanks in anticipation of winning and the forum is brilliant for everything concerning the banks. I think the moderators do a excellent so on behalf of everyone gang A BIG THANK YOU:) :) :) .

And last but not least is there any place to be able to chase HP purchase's in the same way.

As I friend of mine bought a car from CarCraft for £5995 and was told he would pay at the most £37 a week. Its now at £303 per month and he as not missed a payment, the final HP Price is £12695 which I cannot believe is acceptable. He really is struggling to meet these payments, is there anywhere he can go.

Thanks Gang I am relying on you all

Mikey

Well done boys you deserve a really big pat on the back.

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

Just stick you your time table and schedule you will get it all back all the proof you need are right there in your statements it will have the date they took it then charges as notified and the amount stay positive you will win

• Haha 1

Thanks doinmaheadin,

But I can see the date they took it but cannot find anywhere it is related to.

Like today I recieved a letter on internet banking saying they are stopping another £39 for not paying DD on time. Notice todays date and my DD is set by me and their goodselves to be taken on the 2Nd of every month and it was there and still is because my pension is set to be recieved on the first to cover it.

Now if they tried to take it today are in breach of the contract we set together, to cover the DD.

My heads banging man.

Thanks for your reply I just need to try and sort this Car HP out for my mate. ??????

Mikey

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

This is the way I put my list

xx/xx/2006 CHARGES AS NOTIFIED £39.00

I followed this all the way from the very 1st charge on my account right to the latest one they have certainly accepted this as I have had a good will gesture I'm claiming just over £1600 now and they offered me £513 so it's certainly going the way all those that have won their cases and I should have my money in nice timing for xmas going by the loads of threads I've read

If you set a DD with the bank I think from mine they seem to take either 2 days before or 2 days after but never on the actual date (well except one that seems to come out bang on time) but to take nearly 2 weeks to take a DD that should have been taken on the 2nd that's going a bit far

sorry can't help with the car HP I don't drive hopefully someone will be able to answer you on that one

Thanks again donemaheadin, I will cut and paste your input into my claim folder just to refer to if you do not mind.

I will lay my charges out in the same way.

Its only been a couple of days since i hit them with the data protection letter so i do not think there is any chance for Xmas, more's the pity.

Well if I had found you lot earlier may of been okay, but eh oh its all in the game of its mine give it to me eh?

Thanks again

Mikey

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

Your welcome glad to be of help

Just remember that you are calling the shots here not them so make sure you stick to your timetable not one they will try to pull

My thread is here if you want to see what's been happening on mine maybe a few tips if you need them

just keep your head up and read as much as you can ;)

Hey scouser9

sounds like you're doing everything right

I sent my spreadsheet in also just stating "charges as notified" amount date of charge on a/c & I've had £933 charges + £178 interest repaid after the moneyclaim stage on one account & have had £846 charges +£309 interest paid after moneyclaim on the other a/c but have continued to claim for the 2 years prior to the 6 they have paid out on. I have just filed for a warrant to be served on them as they have not paid the remainer or filed a defence so I'm waiting for the baliffs to go in now!! all I did was follow the advise on this website and read as much as I could before going completely bosseyed!!

good luck to you & your daughter if I can do it anyone can;)

PS how do you geta picture by your name!!

:-| mosessupposes

Halifax claim 1: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 07/05/06

Prelim " 30/08/06

LBA " 22/09/06

MCOL " 11/10/06

Money in account 25/10/06 Settled in full

Halifax claim 2: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 07/05.06

8 years claimed

Prelim " 30/08/06

LBA & offer

rejection " 22/09/06

MCOL " 11/10/06

6 years of claim offered 25/10/06

15/11/06 default filed

16/11/06 warrant requested

Capital 1 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 11/10/06

Black Horse S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 17/11/06

Egg CC/Loan SAR sent 17/11/06

Haliax ERC pre-lim sent 17/11/06

Hi Moses

go into your "user cp" then "edit avatar" browse your hard drive and save

thanks but where did you get the funny pics from ( sorry not computer savvy at all!) I don't think pics of our hols will be very exciting for other users:p !!!!

:-| mosessupposes

Halifax claim 1: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 07/05/06

Prelim " 30/08/06

LBA " 22/09/06

MCOL " 11/10/06

Money in account 25/10/06 Settled in full

Halifax claim 2: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 07/05.06

8 years claimed

Prelim " 30/08/06

LBA & offer

rejection " 22/09/06

MCOL " 11/10/06

6 years of claim offered 25/10/06

15/11/06 default filed

16/11/06 warrant requested

Capital 1 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 11/10/06

Black Horse S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 17/11/06

Egg CC/Loan SAR sent 17/11/06

Haliax ERC pre-lim sent 17/11/06

Well people all I can is thanks onve again and i agree with what you are saying. I have laid out my timetable and I will stick to it no matter what. Will be issueing Abbey with a Data Protection Letter in the Morning.

Oh I must mention I have just recieved my envelope stickers advertised at the top of the page Excellent I will be useing these on all my letters from now.

I have opened a account with the court on line people for the future but not added anything to the case profile.

Do you knoe people reading all of case reports on this forum fills me with two emotions all at once. I feel like a teenager again ( anyone know one ) hahaha.

But seriously I will keep you posted, but as its a while before I can badger them.

Thanks again Guys

Well done on all your claims if you have won, if not keep on fighting but most of keep your chin up and beleive in this forums work and use it as it laid down, step by step.

Mikey

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

Here you go just click on the link.

http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/

Mikey:)

S.A.R. Handed In to Halifax 13/11/06;)

S.A.R. Handed In To Abbey 17/11/06;)

• Haha 1

Keep claiming the right

Mikey