• Tweets

• Heres a point, while we wait for @theoldrouge to condemn rather than promote and support right wing bigots spouting genuine and clear monstrous antisemitic rhetoric ... Isn't it actually specifically unlawful to promote violence against politicians on top of laws to criminalise such things? ... As is reported happening in these closed facebook groups run by Tory staff and where a Tory police minister and the Tory London mayor candidate are members and post?   .. or do the Tories (seemingly like tor) only promote laws for protecting the hate spouting hard right ?   "“Some of these (Tory facebook groups) posts constitute the most appalling racism and I would urge the Conservative Party to swiftly distance itself from these hate-filled groups and urgently investigate what role any Conservative politicians and officials have played within them. “Susan Hall and the Tory MPs who have belonged to these groups need to come out and explain why – and to denounce the content they have tacitly endorsed by their membership.” "Reporters found widespread racism and Islamophobia as well as conspiracy theories and celebrations of criminal damage on the pages, including sharing the white supremacist slogan and antisemitic videos. " "Unearthed found that 46 out of the 82 admins have clear links to the Tory Party, including a recent digital campaign manager for the party and a conservative activist. Conservative councillor for Haywards Heath, Rachel Cromie, is an admin on all the groups. "     Also interesting that Facebook groups opposing 20mph speed limit in Wales are being run by English Tories   Conservative-run anti-Ulez Facebook groups hosted racist and Islamophobic posts - Unearthed UNEARTHED.GREENPEACE.ORG Tory staff running Facebook groups described as 'cesspits of vile racism' WWW.THENATIONAL.SCOT TORY staff and activists are running Facebook pages which are riddled with white supremacist slogans and Islamophobic attacks... Conservative-run anti-ULEZ Facebook groups are rife with racist and violent posts   Conservative-run anti-ULEZ Facebook groups are rife with racist and violent posts - London Post LONDON-POST.CO.UK A coordinated network of 36 Facebook groups opposing London’s ultra-low emission zone (ULEZ), run by Conservative councillors and...  
    • Morning dx and thank you for your message.   With regards to your comment about them not needing to produce the deed, the additional directions ordered by the judge included 'a copy of any assignment o the debt or agreement relied upon'  so that is why I thought that point was relevant?
    • Sorry for the long post but I don't want to miss out any relevant information: My wife bought a car from Trade Centre UK and have been having nothing but trouble with it. Unfortunately we paid of the finance used to buy the car as we weren't expecting this much trouble with the car as we we though we would have protection as buying from a dealer. We are wondering if we can still reject the vehicle since the finance plan has been paid off. Timeline is as follows: 13/12/2023 -15/12/2023 Bought car from Trade Centre UK for £10548 £2000 deposit paid on credit card on 13/12/2023 £8548 on finance from Moneybarn (arranged through Trade Centre UK). picked up car on 15/12/2023 Also bought lifetime warranty for £50/month 25/12/2023 Engine Management Light comes on. The AA called out and diagnosed the following error codes: P0133 - Lambda sensor (bank 1, sensor 1) Oxygen Sensor. Error Message : Slow reaction. Error sporadic P0135 - Lambda sensor heat. circ.(bank1,sensor1) Oxygen Sensor. Error Message : Component defective Due to it being Christmas took a few days to get through to them but they booked me in for 28/12/2023 to run their own diagnostics. 28/12/2023 Took car in to Trade Centre so could check the car – They agreed it was the Oxygen Sensor and Booked me in for repair on 30/01/2024. I was told they had no earlier slots, and I would be fine to carry on driving car when I said I was afraid of problem worse. During diagnosing the problem, they reset the Engine Management Light. During drive home light comes back on. 29/12/2023 - 29/01/2024 I carry on driving the car but closer to the date, engine goes to reduced power every now and again – not being a mechanic I presumed that this was due to above fault. 20/01/2024 Not expecting any more problems paid off the finance on the car using personal loan from bank with lower interest rate. 30/01/2024 Trade Centre replace to O2 sensor (They also take it on a roughly 60mile road trip which seems a bit excessive to me – I can’t prove this as something prompted me take a picture of milage when I handed car in but I forgot take one on collection – only remembered next day.) 06/02/2024 Engine goes in reduced power mode again and engine management light comes on – Thinking the Trade centre’s 28 day warranty period was over I booked the car the into local garage for the next day to get problem fixed under the lifetime warranty package. Fault seems to clear after engine was switched off. 07/02/2024 In the Morning, I take it to local garage who say as the light gone off – the warranty company is unlikely to cover the cost of the repair or diagnostics and recommend I contact them when the light comes back on. In the evening the light comes back on and luckily I manage to get it back to the garage just before it shuts for the day. 08/02/2024 The Garage sends me a diagnostics video showing a lot error codes been picked up by their diagnostics machine including codes for Oxygen sensor and Nox Sensors, Accelerator pedal and several more. Video also shows EGR Hose not connected to the intake manifold properly, they believed this was confusing the onboard system as it is unlikely this many sensors would trigger at same the time but they couldn’t be certain until they repaired the hose. 13/02/2024 Finally get the car back as it took a while to get approval and payment for the repairs from the Warranty company. Garage told me to keep an eye the car as errors had cleared with the hose but couldn’t 100% certain that’s what caused the problem. 06/03/2024 Engine management light comes on again. Fed up I go into Trade Centre as I was just around the corner when it happened and asked them how to reject the car or have the problem fixed. They insist that as it’s over 28 days I need to get the car fixed under the warranty package I purchased and they could no longer fix the car as it was over 28 days. When I tried telling them it appeared to be the same or related problem they said they couldn’t help as I hadn’t contacted them earlier. I asked them if they were willing to connect the car to the diagnostics machine and tell me what the problem was, as a goodwill gesture, which he agreed to do and took the car to the back He came back around 30 minutes later and said they took a look at the sensor they replaced previously and there was nothing wrong with it and engine management light went off when they removed the sensor to check it. When I asked what the error code he couldn’t give me an exact fault but the said it one of the problems I told him earlier (Accelerator pedal). I have this visit audio recorded on my phone – I informed the reps I was recording several times. As the light wasn’t on, local garage couldn’t book me for a repair under warranty. 07/03/2024 Light came on so managed to book back into local garage for the 12/03/2024 Whilst waiting to take car into garage, I borrowed a OBD sensor and scanned for errors on the car. This showed the following errors: P11BE – Manufacturer specific code (Google showed this to be NOX sensor) P0133 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too Slow 12/03/2024 Took car to local garage and the confirmed the above errors. This leads me to believe that either Trade Centre UK reps lied and just reset the light or just didn’t check properly (Obviously I am unable to prove this) 22/03/2024 Finally got the car back as according to garage, the warranty company took a long to time to pay for the repairs 28/04/2024 Engine management Light has come back on. Using the borrowed OBD scanner I am getting the following codes: P0133 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too Slow P2138 - Accelerator Position Sensors (G79) / (G185): Implausible Correlation I have not yet booked into a garage as I wanted to see what my rights are in terms of rejecting the car as to me the faults seem related. I can’t keep using taxi or train to get to work every time the car goes into the garage as it is getting very expensive. Am I right in thinking that they have used up their chance to repair when they conducted the repair end of January or when they refused to repair it in February ? If I am still able to reject the vehicle could you point to any sample letters or emails I can use. Thankyou for your advice on my next steps.
    • Ok noted about the screenshot uploads. In terms of screwing up I had one previous ticket that defaulted and ended up in a CCJ from Southend airport because for some reason during COVID I didn't receive their claim form just a notice of default. This hospital ticket was the 2nd ticket that went to CCJ due to a lack of knowledge of the process. Maybe it's easier just to pay them in future I'm thinking though, I don't get them very often anyway
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Quick Response from Halifax ***WON***

scouser9
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wow Ojo congrats! fingers crossed for me then :) (Christmas is steaming up far too fast for my liking)

Mikey, that is such a total **** I can't believe it. My halifax account has been unused for ages, do they really take 10 days to clear cheques? that is outrageous!!!

I'm feeling really boosted up today, I've been reading the Govan Law Centre website, it's nice and straightforward with some more interesting arguements to add to the case against the banks. If you are still feeling wobbly Mikey it might help you feel more determined and invigorated! Unfair UK Bank Charges | legal help from Govan Law Centre, Glasgow, UK

Apple x

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Apple,

i could have hung on for interest but with crimbo and everything and the fact they offered me the charges i`d asked for in full plus a few they said i`d missed a few days after sending in my LBA and not insulted me with a miserly offer i basically bit their hands off-sort of. Good luck for your claim-All the best

Just Did It-:o :) JUST WON IT:) :o

I know and they have been approached by me before on the subject Its not all cheques though. I have had to put a cheque in on thursday afternoon as my other bank is not up and running yet but will be by Monday. The cheque I put in will not clear until 9th of Dec isnt that bloody stupid, I have another claim against the Abbey but at least they clear cheques in 3 days.

Also my pension went in yesterday which is a 3 figure sum so how come they cannot pay a direct debit of £78 bloody quid,it really makes my blood boil, but as I have said previously its all ammo for my gun eh?

I will be looking at the information you have posted about bank charges in scotland and thanks for including it in my thread applecrumble.

Thanks again guys will keep you posted

Mikey

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

If you find that I have helped in anyway please click on the scales to left of the screen- Thank you

Advice & opinions of Scouser9 are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

50% Of claim offered by The Halifax 09/12/2006

LBA letter sent 11/12/2006

Refusal in part of Payment sent 12/12/2006

Halifax settled with £4200 agreed amount 27/12/2006

Survey Submitted and Donation Made 02/01/2007

PPI Claim Sent To Halifax 25/11/2008

PPI Claim Halifax Won 31/12/2008

PPI Claim Sent To Carcraft 22/12/2008

Well done OJo do not make yourself sick with all the celebrations

no seriously

:) CONGRATULATIONS:)

Please do not forget to donate to site if you think it helped you get your money back.

Great news for others to follow

Mikey

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

If you find that I have helped in anyway please click on the scales to left of the screen- Thank you

Advice & opinions of Scouser9 are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

Thanks scouser9,

Will donate and complete survey when the put the money in,

anyway, i couldn`t believe they offered me all the charges back plus a few more straight off. I think it`s the luck of the draw who`s looking into your account at cust relations. The woman i spoke to was really really nice and understood and sympathised with every thing i said but would not budge on the interest because her hands were basically tied. I wonder if they are starting offering the money straight off as claimed because of the run up to christmas because this is the time people will want the cash and they know people are more likely to accept, i needed the money so i fell into their trap sort of but which ever way you look at it

I`ve WON:D

Just Did It-:o :) JUST WON IT:) :o

I will be looking at the information you have posted about bank charges in scotland and thanks for including it in my thread applecrumble.

Thanks again guys will keep you posted

Mikey

hi, just to let you know it isn't just about Scottish charges on that site, it's both England/Wales as well but I just found it very good as it's quite a simple thing. I read the Office of Fair Trading report on credit cards today as well I am getting well ammunitioned up for my claims against the 5 i'm up against and felt a bit nervous so the more info I get the better!

good luck

i almost look forward to seeing what I get in the post at the moment!

Apple x

Morning Guys just to let you all know and to keep my thread updated I recieved two letters this morning 1 from the Halifax and 1 from my MP so I thought I would post them for you all to see.

Applecrumble I have had a look at that site and yes I agree it will come in handy for you and me both as we take on the cards and Abbey eh.

Well here are the two letters guys.First The Halfax.

30th November 2006

Halifax PLC

Bradshawgate

Leigh

Mr Scouser9

Leigh

Lancs

Dear Mr Scouser9

I am writing with regards to your letter dated 30th November 2006 regarding the charges applied to the above account and to inform you I will be passing the details over to our customer relations department.

You will find enclosed a copy of our leaflet which tells you how we will handle your complaint. ( NO LEAFLET ENCLOSED)

Your concerns will be dealt with as quickly as possible, but if you need to speak to me in the meantime, please telephone me on 08457 39 49 59.

Yours sincerely

Catherine Saunders

Now the one from the Member Of Parliament.

20 November 2006

House Of Commons

London

Mr Scouser9

Leigh

Lancs

Dear Mr Scouser9

Thank you for your e-mail, it was good of you to write.

I agree with many of the points you raised and have had cause myself to feel aggrieved on many occasions at the charging policy of banks.

I have referred your letter to the Financial Services Authority and the OFT for their comments on the points you raise.

When I receive a reply I will, of course get back to.

Yours sincerely

Andy Burnham

( Labour Member Of Parliament for Leigh)

I have typed these as I cannot scan the originals but you get their drift,

The one from Halifax did not have a leaflet but ehho never mind.

Thanks for your input guys

Keep On Claiming The Right

Mikey

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

Hi Guys

Just to keep you updated about my claim, I got an answer today about my request for my money back and it reads like this please feel free to add your opinions as I am about to send back my LBA this payment offer and request they pay me all my money back and now I will be adding interest.

Is there something here about them threatening me about closing my account.

Here is the letter in full.

HALIFAX REPLY TO 2nd LETTER REQUESTING MY MONEY

8th December BACK

Mr Scouser9

Leigh

Lancs

Our Ref: XXXXXXXXXXX

Roll Number:XXXXXXXXXX

Dear Scouser9

Thanks you for your recent letter.

I am sure you will appreciate like other organisations we incur costs for every transaction made. When we pay an item against an unauthorised overdraft or return an item unpaid, we incur extra costs regardless of the shortfall involved. We believe it is fair to pass these on to the accounts affected, as opposed to them being absorbed by other customers.

Our charging policy is clearly outlined in the terms and conditions that apply to your account. In addition, we are committed to complying with the Banking Code, which sets standards of good banking practice. The terms and conditions of your account state that you must have funds in your account to cover your transactions. W e cannot be responsible if you authorise payments against funds that are not available.

We are keen to help you avoid any unnecessary charges by providing various ways to keep track of your account. You can do this using telephone banking on 08457 20 30 40, online banking (www.halifax.co.uk or www.bankofscotland.co.uk) or mini statements at cash machines. You can also contact one of our banking advisors at any of our branches. Ultimately it is your responsibility to manage your account.

As a gesture og goodwill I would like to offer you £2400.00 in full and final settlement of your complaint. This represents just over 50% of the overall charges applied. I must stress that future charges will still stand and we reserve the right to close your account if you do not manage it correctly. To accept my offer please sign and return the enclosed acceptance form in the pre-paid envelope.

You have requested information on how we calculate our costs for dealing with these transactions. Please note that we are not obliged under the Date Protection Act to Supply this information, and as it is commercially sensitive. I regret to inform you that I am unable to comply with your request.

I hope that you will feel able to accept the proposed settlement. I do however need to let you know that if you remain unhappy you can refer your concerns to the Financial Ombudsman Service. They can be contacted by telephone on 0845 080 1800, Or by post at:

The Financial Ombudsman Service

South Quay Plaza

183 Marsh Wall

London

E14 9SR

Email Complaint. [email protected]

Website www.finacial-ombudsman.org.uk

You will find enclosed a leaflet providing full details of the Ombudsman service. If you wish to refer the matter to the Ombudsman you must do so within 6 months of the date of this letter.

Yours sincerely

Steve Lough

Review Manager

Core Operations

Customer Relations

S.A.R. Handed In to Halifax 13/11/06:wink:

S.A.R. Handed In To Abbey 17/11/06:wink:

Request for Payment Sent to Halifax 29/11/06:wink:

Reply For Payment Recieved From Halifax 08/12/2006

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

I rec virtually the same letter this week Mikey, and mine also states that they reserve the right to close my account (well they effectively did that 1.5 years ago when I was £274 overdrawn ... yeah that would have broken the bank wouldn't it ... when they stopped my card and stopped me using it). So obviously it's just a standard letter. I wouldn't be too frightened!!

They offered me £870 from a claim of just under £900, so I would have accepted it but for the default. (They say no default was registered on my account ... but there was, so am going back to them with proof and will accept it if they say they will get rid of that).

Really tempted to say yes what with Christmas coming up, but trying to think long-tmer here .. that default is costing me money (can only get a huge% credit card not a sensible one, etc).

Yours isn't so good an offer though is it :(

I'd go for it with the LBA now if I were you. Nothing to lose, everythign to gain as they say

good luck

Apple x

I know its tempting but I would proceed with the LBA. I won the full amount plus interest from Halifax yesterday and its a really good feeling.

TezViper

TezViper

I give advice not as an expert on law, only as a guy who succesfully claimed back £3385 from The Halifax. Followed by another £2611.

Lloyds TSB settled in full before hearing

Cap One offered full settlement and default removed.

If I help in any way then please donate to the site when you are succesful

Thanks Guys,

I knew you be there with great advice, but now I have afew questions for you both.:)

1. Do send a refusal letter and another spreadsheet with other charges that have been added since I sent my first request.

2, Do I now send my refusal letter with a updated letter with interest added.

3. As it is near Christmas take the offer as it stands. ( BAH HUMBUG )

4. Which letter should I send from the libary.

5. If I am sending the LBA letter do I now start the court proceedings or wait until the 14 days, which The LBA allows ends. It would be in the Christmas break by then, and if I leave it until the 14 days are up can I still issue court proceedings after the deadline.

I was really surprised at the letter I got off the Halifax as it was not due until next week, but heyho they may be getting used to all our other members claims. hahahahahahaah

Thanks Guys

Will wait for your replies before I take the next step, and thanks again.

Mikey

50% Of claim offered by The Halifax 09/12/2006:-|

Still no reply from Abbey as of Yet:mad:

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

Thanks Guys,

I knew you be there with great advice, but now I have afew questions for you both.:)

1. Do send a refusal letter and another spreadsheet with other charges that have been added since I sent my first request.

2, Do I now send my refusal letter with a updated letter with interest added.

3. As it is near Christmas take the offer as it stands. ( BAH HUMBUG )

4. Which letter should I send from the libary.

5. If I am sending the LBA letter do I now start the court proceedings or wait until the 14 days, which The LBA allows ends. It would be in the Christmas break by then, and if I leave it until the 14 days are up can I still issue court proceedings after the deadline.

I was really surprised at the letter I got off the Halifax as it was not due until next week, but heyho they may be getting used to all our other members claims. hahahahahahaah

Thanks Guys

Will wait for your replies before I take the next step, and thanks again.

Mikey

Hiya

It's up to you whether you settle for what they have offered, but if you feel OK about claiming through the court you should then get it ALL back.

I would send a LBA from the library and just amend it to say "I am dissappointed not to get a positive response" rather then "a response".

The LBA is here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.htm

Then update your spreadsheet of charges with any recent charges, then wait 14 days and file. Unless of course they send you a nice big fat cheque in the meantime ;) ;) :D .

good luck

Apple x

Hi again Apple,

I have no desire to accept it as is, thats why I put bah humbug after the line hahah. Gee I feel in a good mood tonight, just won £66 pound on the lottery and I think I am on a promise with her indoors, as well as the letter from the Halifax, I really do feel great.

Now apple I am going to do this Monday, I am sending a refusal letter on Monday to let them know for sure that I will not accept the offer unless it is part payment with no strings attached.

Then Tuesday I am going to send them my LBA letter saying that they have 14 days to comply, you never know that may just gee them up for the Xmas break.

What do you think about the threat of closing my account, its alright I have already opened a paprchute account, but is there a letter to stop them from threatening to do so, or is this part and parcel because of what we are doing to them.

Anyway must go her indoors has just nudged me and yes I am on a promise, will keep you informed when I hear from them again, ( Not about her indoors ) ahem.

Mikey

Still no reply from Abbey as of Yet:evil:

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question this time in the letter from Halifax they stated the following and I really what to press this matter is there anyway ort any letter to make them take note.

This is what they posted.

You have requested information on how we calculate our costs for dealing with these transactions. Please note that we are not obliged under the Date Protection Act to Supply this information, and as it is commercially sensitive. I regret to inform you that I am unable to comply with your request.

Now I am sure as this data relating to my account they should come over with the details.

Await advice and thanks in advance

Mikey

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

Well Guys,

This is the rejection letter that I am sending to the Halifax, but I am unsure it is right.

xx/xx/2006

Mr S Lough

Halifax Plc

Customer Relations

PO Box 548

Leeds

LS1 1WU

Re: Account number: xxxxxx

Sort Code: xxxxxxxx

Roll Number: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Response to settlement offer.

Dear Mr Lough

Thank you for your letter dated 08/12/2006

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, now totaling £4607 , since my last letter dated 30/11/2006 you have added more charges.

I will accept the sum offered £2400 only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary. Of which all costs may be added to my claim along with interest on all monies owed.

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter.

My letter before action sent previously indicates that you have until xx/xx/xxxx to respond before Court action commences. You are reminded that there will be no extension to this timescale.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours sincerely

Mr Scouser9

Now at this point in Red which I see should I have already have sent the LBA or do I give them another 14 Days to see if they pay my on the basic of the letter above.

Or do I now send a LBA letter with this letter and then say they have so many days to comply.:confused:

Or am I about to send the wrong letter, I only got their offer today, so I thought a letter of refusal first then in 7 or 14 days then I send the LBA. ( Advice Needed Please )

Also how can I send recorded letters to a P.O Box number as the return address is one, as you can see from the reply address above.

Do I address the letter to the Leeds headquarters as my last letter, then it would up to them sign for it, for my evidence later if needed.

Thanks In Advance

Mikey

(Keep On Claiming the right)

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

Hi mate, you need to allow the 14 day deadline to come to an end before sending the LBA, you only have a few days left so I would send the rejection letter at the same time as the LBA.

Hope theis Helps

• Haha 1

TezViper

I give advice not as an expert on law, only as a guy who succesfully claimed back £3385 from The Halifax. Followed by another £2611.

Thanks again tezviper,

But what do I do about the PO Box, I cannot send a recorded letter there. So do you think that I should send to the head office again.

Mikey

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question this time in the letter from Halifax they stated the following and I really what to press this matter is there anyway ort any letter to make them take note.

This is what they posted.

Now I am sure as this data relating to my account they should come over with the details.

Await advice and thanks in advance

Mikey

I don't think you will get this info out of them or any other bank Mikey.

The whole basis of the cases we're bringing is that the banks' fees they charge don't acurately reflect their ACTUAL costs for refusing a payment of letting you go overdrawn etc. We are challenging them on the basis that the charges are a penalty not the actual cost.

The reason most of the banks are settling before it goes to court is because they DON'T want to give out the info of how much it actually costs them, because if/when they do, the cat's out of the bag and they will have to start refunding everyone all the time.

But what do I do about the PO Box, I cannot send a recorded letter there. So do you think that I should send to the head office again.

I've sent lots of letters recorded delivery to PO Boxes, it should be fine. Some places use a Box No when they have loads of offices and entrances in one building

Apple x

Hello again Apple,

Thanks for that info on the PO Box and I have made my mind up tomorrow I will post my LBA letter off first thing, then on Tuesday I will send them offer refusal with the bit about I will only accept in part offer.

And I will sit back and have a Jack Daniels or two and wait for the feedback, I have already registered with moneyonline people so if they are funny then I will slap them with the court order.

Do you agree that this is the way top go.

I still have not mentioned my interest or costs at this stage, like I was advised before that only goes in when I have a court order is that right,

Thanks again for the help

Mikey

LBA letter will go in tomorrow 11/12/2006;)

Refusal in part of Payment will go in Tuesday 12/12/2006

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

Thats correct mate, All you gotta do is wait your 14 days and then when you file with the court you can add the interest. Are you gonna do the N1 or file with MCOL?

TezViper

Thanks Tezviper,

Just recieved a basic letter from Abby as well this morning will post later running late today,

I will be filing with MCOL when there time is up.

Thanks

Mikey

LBA letter will go in tomorrow 11/12/2006:wink:

Refusal in part of Payment will go in Tuesday 12/12/2006

Reply from Abbey Recieved 12/12/2006

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

Just thought a would update for you Guys

As promised both my LBA and refusal letter have been sent via recorded

post, so all I can do is wait,ehho.

ABBEY

PO BOX 1109

BRADFORD

BD1 5ZJ

If you have any questions

Please call:08457 654321

Fax: 01274 368639

Mr & Mrs Scouser9

Leigh

Lancs

08 December 2006-12-13

Our Ref XXXXXXX

Account XXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Mr & Mrs Scouser9,

Thanks for your letter dated 18th November 2006, which we received on 27th November 2006, requesting information on your account , I also acknowledge receipt of your £10 fee.

The information you have requested is no longer held on our computer systems, but archived onto microfiche and it is not possible to provide you with a computer print out of this information. However, we have made arrangements to send you a list of archived transactions between 2000 and 2005 under separate cover.

If you have any questions please call us on the above number.

Yours sincerely

Pam Speed

Business Manager

Banking Servicing

Thanks

Mikey

LBA letter sent 11/12/2006:wink:

Reply from Abbey as above Recieved 12/12/2006

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

Hi Guys,

As anybody out there got a letter to complain to the OFT about these B$^%££& at Halifax,

Mikey

LBA letter sent 11/12/2006:wink:

Reply from Abbey as above Recieved 12/12/2006

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

Hi Tez

Which 14 days are you on about here tezviper, I have posted both my LBA and rejection letter, have I done it wrong mind you its to late now they have gone.

Mikey:confused:

Keep claiming the right

Mikey