Lowell mobile debt claimform - statute barred - ***Claim Dismissed***

Baronsamedi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening, could someone please help me out on where I go with this.

Earlier in the year I received court papers re a debt to Lowell which was previously with a mobile phone company.

I acknowledged online and submitter my defence based on it being statue barred. I received a letter saying the claimant has 28 to respond or it is stayed. No response I expected it to be stayed.

I then received the notice of proposed allocation to small claims court had to fill in if I wanted mediation (said no) along with what dates I'm available etc. Directions questionnaire I think this was form N180

Today I returned from holiday saying its been allocated to the small claims court in August and a hearing fee was payable by the claimant by the end of June. I've no idea if this has been paid. It then goes on to say I have till a few days time from now to prepare and send in copies of all documents. So as you can see not a lot of time.

My problem is this, I'm positive it's statue barred but don't have any paperwork to hand as its years old. What do

I do now? Do I write to all parties now saying this or what ? I could maybe get a copy of my credit file showing that it isn't on there or in the closed accounts obviously time is of the essence. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just to add I was previously told not sure if rightly or wrongly that it's down to them to prove I owe it and it's not statue barred, not me to prove it is statue barred, hence why I haven't gotten anything together on it. I've basically been waiting for them to provide proof it either is or isn't.

Did you send the claimant a CPR 31:14?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hit the cpr 31:14 link and have a read, its self explanatory

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

You have nothing to disclose as your defence was statute barred...just submit and serve a witness statement basically reiterating your defence but add an header and a statement of truth ...sign and date.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

doh!

sorry

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You have nothing to disclose as your defence was statute barred...just submit and serve a witness statement basically reiterating your defence but add an header and a statement of truth ...sign and date.

Regards

Andy

Cheers Andy are there any templates or anything I could use for this please?

Take a look at post#164 in the following thread...from point 3 onwards

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?370562-Drydensfairfax-taking-me-to-court-on-behalf-of-honours-student-loans/page9

You will need to adapt it to your own circumstances.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone so I have a court date next week 30/08 could still use some advice.

My defence is that it's statute barred although I cannot prove this but I believe the onus is on the claimant to prove it isn't ?.

I received the claimants witness statement and documents ( 3 weeks after the date given by the judge to get them in by)

They state in this documentation that a payment was made within the 6 years so it is not statute barred. However there is no evidence of that enclosed. It's just a load of old phone bills. No payment history enclosed.

Any advice regarding this ?

I've no idea how it works in the court but if I get a chance to speak should I point this out ?

Surely they can't just give a date without evidence of this payment.

Or are they going to pull out proof of this payment despite not sending it to me ?

Thanks in advance.

Fair to say I'm a bit nervous now as I didn't think it would go this far.

You need to fill int missing parts since 12th July...

Your witness statement ?

Andy

Witness statement I've deleted the personal bits

Claim No

Claimant Reference number :

Between :

And :

Witness Name and address:

1. On the order of ... I submit the following witness statement as defence to the orginal claim

2. I believe that the alleged debt was statute barred under the provisions of the limitations act 1980 prior to the claim being issued

3. To the best of my knowledge and belief no payments or unequivocal written acknowledgement have been made to the alleged debt since 2009

4. It is my contention that the claimant must provide unequivocal proof that the debt is not statute barred

We will also need the claimants witness statement (redact any identifiable information first)

Andy

can you not take photos on a phone or digital camera?

and they

have no way of uploading them to here as I am doing this solely from my phone.

I'm just looking for a bit of advice. I've summarised it in the posts above I think.

Can someone not

Give that based on above ?

if you wish a secure email ad I can PM one

dx

and they

Photograph the WS and then add it as an attachment......we cant guess on what the claimants states and offer advice.

You could summarise the main points why they reject your defence...but we still will only have your account which is third hand.....we only have to miss one sentence and it could lose the claim for you.

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

so hows this going please

where is theirs and your WS?

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent result baronsamedi and thankyou for updating the thread Have updated thread title to reflect outcome.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.