Non payment of sick for first 3 days

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was recently signed off sick for a week, I haven't been paid for the first 3 days of this sick period despite my company claiming that they will pay if you haven't been sick for 1 year prior to current sickness, which I haven't.

1. Overview

You can get £88.45 per week Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) if you’re too ill to work. It’s paid by your employer for up to 28 weeks.

You need to qualify for SSP and have been off work sick for 4 or more days in a row (including non-working days).

You can’t get less than the statutory amount. You can get more if your company has a sick pay scheme (or ‘occupational scheme’) - check your employment contract.

• Haha 1
:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

As indicated by HB the answer to this is in the precise wording of your contract. Even with company sick pay schemes, many, many employers now will not pay for the first three days - in line with SSP schemes.

Are you sure that even with the 1 year clause relating to payment of sick pay, there isn't also a 'but not for the first three days' clause?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

There is a company recognised sick pay scheme in place as in handbook ' Subject to having 12 weeks continuous service, each time you are off work through illness,Company sick pay entitlement will be adjusted based on your absence over the last 12 months'.

i havent been sick for over 12 months, On my payslip there is a sickpay bank sub heading which i have been paid along with company sick pay, and then under another heading 'absence salary adjustment' they have minused a load of money