Care for elderly - increased deaths

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3449145/Death-rate-higher-time-Second-World-War-health-experts-warn.html

This is an alarming news story, that should be looked at. If it is correct that since 2011, there has been an increase in the number of elderly dying possibly due to reduced care services, then David Cameron should consider resigning as PM.

Recently we have seen David Camerons own Mother and Aunt adding their concerns over cuts in Oxfordshire. As PM Cameron is ultimately responsible for ensuring that there are adequate services for elderly and vulnerable people. He cannot blame local authorities for this problem, when they have had to make cuts to services to make the savings required by central government. I believe even the Conservative local government association members have been warning Cameron of the potential problems caused by cuts.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It's much worse than this just look around at what is available for the old infirm vulnerable in our society.

I was on a bus when at the main bus station an old lady was struggling and moving very slowly to sit down.

When the school kids started to have a nasty dig at her. I stood up all 6 foot of me told them nicely to back off. I got abuse too. I spoke to the driver and complained with phone in hand for HO. The result was kids kicked off the bus.

Then the driver helping the lady clean up the broken eggs because she had dropped them after being badgered by KIDS.

This is unacceptable if I see it I will do something about it as well.. It disgusts me this happens....

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

It's much worse than this just look around at what is available for the old infirm vulnerable in our society.

I was on a bus when at the main bus station an old lady was struggling and moving very slowly to sit down.

When the school kids started to have a nasty dig at her. I stood up all 6 foot of me told them nicely to back off. I got abuse too. I spoke to the driver and complained with phone in hand for HO. The result was kids kicked off the bus.

Then the driver helping the lady clean up the broken eggs because she had dropped them after being badgered by KIDS.

This is unacceptable if I see it I will do something about it as well.. It disgusts me this happens....

Terrible thing and you do hear about this in some areas of the country.

I can honestly say from my experience that i find children these days very well behaved and just as respecting to older people as previous generations. I have been on public transport in London and other places when children have been going home from school and seen no issues.

What concerns me more is the poor state of social services, which have been outsourced to private companies in many instances and the councils just don't have the resources. With an Aunt in her 90's, she received excellent help from Dorset council about 10 years ago. Even though the home help was a private company, the council did oversee what help she was getting. Then later they arranged respite care and finally sorted out a great care home that helped those with dementia. There was a dedicated person from the councils social services who even visited on a couple of occasions and we had her direct telephone contact number. I suspect that since the cuts started in 2010, councils have stopped providing these services.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The cuts have indeed bitten very deep. You just have to read the story in Scoop about stroke survivors. It's a travesty IMO. How can we manage if the help is being withdrawn? I've noticed that much has changed since I became disabled in 2010.

I normally have to BEG for help for residents on the estate where I live. This thread is in the bear garden 'what made you smile / angry'...

It's only going to get worse will it ever get better? I think not...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

So what needs doing to resolve this ?

I have just been reading the Wikipdia pages on Council tax and found it quite interesting.

The answer every-time is to make the wealthier pay more - so who decides who are the wealthier ?

Don't those who earn more already pay higher personal taxes - those who live in certain areas in certain types of homes already pay higher council tax ? Yet they receive the same or less services than those who pay less Council Tax ?

Those who have high salaries tend to fund their own pensions - health care schemes and will almost certainly end up paying for their own care as they get older.

What do you want to see not paid for by Council Tax so it frees up funds for the NHS - Social Care - Mental Health - ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_Tax

Variation over time

Under the Labour government of Tony Blair, average Council Tax rates rose dramatically above inflation,[22][23] creating a degree of resentment by residents.

The subsequent Coalition government have made an effort to get councils to freeze council tax rates, gradually eroding the above inflation increases via ordinary inflation. This has been achieved by offering councils large grants in return for freezing their council tax rate; for example, in some years these grants were equal to the amount that would have been gained by a 1% council tax rise.

In addition, the law has been changed, so that councils cannot increase council tax by an amount higher than a cap specified by the government (currently 2%), without holding a local referendum to approve the change; no council has invoked such a referendum, but many have raised council tax as close to the cap as they can get without passing it(for example, by 1.99%).

Although elements of local government policy is a devolved matter, the Barnet Formula leads the Scottish Government to acquire funding somewhat in accordance with central government priorities. Subsequently, by 2013, the Scottish Government froze council tax rates for the fourth time.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D