Xercise4Less & Harlands

sw3enster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

so I have a fairly similar issue to other posters on the forum with my Xercise4Less membership. I agreed to a minimum 12 month contract in September of 2014. A year later in September 2015, after the 12 months, I sent an email to my club manager notifying that I wished to cancel my membership and that my DD agreement had been ended through my bank. I received a reply saying that this must be done by going into the club to fill in a cancellation form, and to reinstate the DD agreement. I did reinstate the DD at the time as I believe 1 months notice was necessary, but as I am no longer living in the country, I was not able to personally fill in a form at the club - I replied via email stating this. After this there was no further communication, so after two further payments in October and November 2015 I again cancelled the DD agreement.

I have just received a letter from Harlands requesting payment for December 2015 and a £25 admin fee. Does anyone have advice on how to ensure my membership is cancelled, and to end this issue before it escalates into further dealings with Harlands and their 'debt' collection? I would also like to know if the email from September is sufficient notification of cancellation.

Thanks

Slick will be along in good time to advise you, but for what it's worth, you've gone above and beyond, and if they are foolish enough to give it to a powerless toothless outfit to chase, then let them waste their money.

I'd email X4L advising them that you are aware of their attempts at trying to extort more funds from you, which you will not entertain, and you have lodged a formal complaint about them to the CMA and TS, all further correspondence from their chosen third party DCA will be reported to the relevant authorities for harassment, to which you hold them ultimately responsible.

The ONLY correspondence you expect to receive from X4L is that they have honoured your cancellation and no further correspondence will be entered into.

Then IMO, I'd leave it at that, there is nothing they can do, they cannot affect your CRF, in short they can do nothing other than beg and harass you.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi SW and welcome to CAG

Your email to the gym was adequate notice of your desire to cancel.

However, you should have given a month's notice and paid a final fee after you gave them notice.

See other threads and use a letter I drafted offering to pay a final fee, valid for 14 days, to settle the matter. Send this to X4Less's Head Office an get a Certificate of Posting from the PO Counter when you send the letter.

Let us know if you're not sure what to say.

Stay OFF the phone completely.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I received a reply saying that this must be done by going into the club to fill in a cancellation form, and to reinstate the DD agreement. I did reinstate the DD at the time as I believe 1 months notice was necessary, but as I am no longer living in the country, I was not able to personally fill in a form at the club -

I believe the OP has already paid them their final fee??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi SW,

If you paid a fee a month after you gave notice to cancel, you owe nothing more and sorry if I missed this from your first post.

I suggest you ignore Harlands/CRS for now and see what happens.

There's nothing nasty they can do but keep us updated.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)