Driving Licencing Revoke Due To Being Medically Misdiagnosed

jennybear84
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner had his driving licence revoked in August due to a medical misdiagnosis by a locum GP and four weeks later is still waiting for the DVLA to reissue his licence after continuous calls made to them.

I was curious to know if anyone else had gone through the same thing and if they had any advise please.

Thank you

Edited by jennybear84

Hi jennybear and welcome to CAG

By phone calls...have you actually appealed or sent written representations to the DVLA with supporting documents so as to allow the medical panel at the DVLA to determine any misdiagnosis?

If you have the relevant conformation from your GP then you will be in a position to re-apply for a licence and drive once the application is processed.

If the DVLA does not adhere to your requests or declines then you can appeal directly to the Magistrates Court.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

My partner had his driving licence revoked in August due to a medical misdiagnosis by a locum GP and four weeks later is still waiting for the DVLA to reissue his licence after continuous calls made to them.

I was curious to know if anyone else had gone through the same thing and if they had any advise please.

Thank you

4 weeks isn't that long for DVLA :(

18 weeks is often their "standard service time", but they'll gladly take longer if "we are waiting on medical reports" or "it is with the medical advisor"

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?417993-DVLA-At-my-wits-end.-HELP!!!!&p=4474071#post4474071

gives some indication of the excuses / evasion you can expect.

What type of licence is it? (Group 1 or 2?)

What is the disputed diagnosis / misdiagnosis?

The DVLA have all the medical evidence they require and for a priority case its not good enough. The GP has sent in a letter of support for my partner stating that he is fit to drive.

Four weeks may not be a long time for DVLA but for my partner it is when he relys on the car to get around.

The DVLA are quick enough to send the letters out but aren't quick enough when it comes to looking at the documents.

The DVLA have all the medical evidence they require and for a priority case its not good enough. The GP has sent in a letter of support for my partner stating that he is fit to drive.

Four weeks may not be a long time for DVLA but for my partner it is when he relys on the car to get around.

The DVLA are quick enough to send the letters out but aren't quick enough when it comes to looking at the documents.

I absolutely agree.

My experience was that 18 weeks was the norm, and that I was given misinformation, including that I'd never made a complaint, then that they accepted I had in fact complained but the "advisor" hadn't logged it as a complaint, and so on.

I wasn't aware they had "priority cases" ; is this something they have told you? If so, ask for it in writing......

To reiterate my early questions:

Group 1 or 2 entitlement?

What was the disputed diagnosis / MIS-diagnosis ?

Hi

I've just had licence revoked on medical grounds despite all doctors I am involved with telling dvla fit to drive, so am just starting looking for info/help. Really furious it can take so long, dvla told me even if its a mistake it can take months to get it back.

Have however spoken to local MP office & they think they can help, say they have a "desk" at the dvla, possibly even speed up things. I dont know if it will work but think def worth a try, I dont even live near a bus route, have a young family & need to visit sick parent regularly( 300 mile round trip) so very desparate for licence back. Hope things sorted soon for you the system is really wrong.