• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

PPI claim after Tomlin order has been completed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've recently completed payments for an agreed amount with a DCA on a debt that went to court and we decided upon a discounted payment schedule.

The debt is finished as far as I am concerned but Im now wondering whether I can claim the historic PPI charges applied?

If so, who do I apply to, is it the original lender or the DCA? If its the original lender is there any time limit issue because they haven't dealt with this for quite a few years.

If you have just discovered there is Payment Protection Insurance that was mis sold then you would request the refund from the original lender. Not the DCA.

You would need to send a Subject Access Request for data, including statements. - draft request in the CAG library, green tab at the top left of each screen. You need to send £10.00 with the SAR and they have 40 calendar days in which to comply with the request.

Once you have the statements, you would then complete a spread sheet - download the complaint form from the Financial Ombudsman's website and then send to the original lender asking for a refund.

I would suggest sorting this sooner rather than later - the Banks have been pressing the FCA to put an end date to the claiming of PPI - there has been sufficient advertising surrounding PPI mis selling.

You can submit a request for reclaiming for up to 3 years (I think) from the time you discover the mis selling.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:thumb:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Quick question

Can you claim back the PPI from the original creditor??

The reason i ask is that when you agree to a Tomlin Order secured through the court you are admitting the debt in full. The debt then belongs to the court as the original agreement will have been terminated. Breach the terms of that Tomlin order will result in an instant CCJ

The original agreement no longer exists to claim back any PPI

As to the DCA not being the creditor as to PPI claim:

What about Jones v link Financial being the assignee of a debt ??

The High Court has now ruled that the Assignee is the Creditor for litigation,

Are you sure the debt belongs to the court because I didn't pay the court the amount agreed, I paid the DCA this amount.

My understanding is that the PPI isn't related to the debt issue really, its just an amount that makes up the debt just like any purchases would for example.

Fyi, the tomlin order has now been fulfilled and the amount agreed has been repaid.

Quick question

Can you claim back the PPI from the original creditor??

The reason i ask is that when you agree to a Tomlin Order secured through the court you are admitting the debt in full. The debt then belongs to the court as the original agreement will have been terminated. Breach the terms of that Tomlin order will result in an instant CCJ

The original agreement no longer exists to claim back any PPI

As to the DCA not being the creditor as to PPI claim:

What about Jones v link Financial being the assignee of a debt ??

The High Court has now ruled that the Assignee is the Creditor for litigation,

Something to remember here, if the balance is written off with it being sold to a Debt Purchaser, then the balance is no longer applicable to the original creditor but to the DCA itself.

A PPI reclaim can be made to the OC. The debt doesnt belong to the court. It remains with the party who initiated court proceedings.

We could do with some help from you.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Yes fkofilee

The debt is secured through the court (Tomlin Order)

Jones v link Financial

The DCA will be the creditor and any claim for PPI will have to be made against them as the PPI is part of the original agreement/debt now assigned to the DCA, not the original creditor

If the DCA went legal then that will have been an absolute assignment

I like your inquiring mind cwk but as fkofilee rightly says/types the PPI is a different issue really than the debt.

By the way, once I completed the Tomlin order for an agreed reduced amount of the total debt. The original DCA had the cheek to sell the remainder amount to another DCA who strarting chasing this - cheeky blinders!

You what? The Tomlin order has been completed, but the DCA sold on the remainder to another DCA to collect?

Thats not right!!!

As for the PPI, have we not seen countless claims completed when an account was sold to a third party and the legal rights changed over. The claim was then made against the OC and they sent the money out direct to the customer?

No... The PPI Issue is with the OC and doesnt go to the DCA whether in court or not.

The OC sold you the PPI (Or a broker) they are the ones responsible for the PPI itself.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Yes fkofilee

The debt is secured through the court (Tomlin Order)

Jones v link Financial

The DCA will be the creditor and any claim for PPI will have to be made against them as the PPI is part of the original agreement/debt now assigned to the DCA, not the original creditor

If the DCA went legal then that will have been an absolute assignment

Yes the debt is secured through the court, but still remains with the DCA...

Pancho, go along with what we have told you and lets see what happens. Could be interesting as I really want to know.

Remembers,

Court - Own Legal Entity

DCA - Own Financial Entity

OC - Own Financial Entity

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I am not disagreeing with you fkoflee as such but any successful PPI claims against the original creditor will go to the owners of the account, that being the assigned DCA

I feel we need absolute confirmation on this and not our own educated opinions

Arhhhhhh but there is nothing to pay to the DCA in question who got the Tomlin ORder... ^__^

So its free money for Pancho in this case,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?395676-PPI-Claims-amp-Debt-Collection-Agencies

I kinda agree, that it should go to the DCA if a claim is successful providing the balance is still Outstanding etc and it is due if a CCA Request has been complied with.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis