Vodaphone default in error - ref 10905185

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Looking for some advice. I previously had an account with vodaphone which I cancelled in January. After cancelling I then stopped the direct debit.

I had no correspondence until an email on the 2nd of March from ardent credit services advising of an outstanding balance owing to vodaphone, which in hindsight I appreciate was my fault due to stopping the dd too soon.

the amount now owing was around £75.00 but Phillip from ardent credit advised on the 9th that I could make a payment of £60.12 as a full and final settlement to close the account which I did on the 11th of March.

I have had no further correspondence from either party but then when applying for credit I was having issues and one currently credit provider then started reducing my limit until eventually suspending the account completely due to information they had from the credit agencies.

I then checked my credit file around 3 days ago to find vodaphone had a applied a default of £12.00 to my file in May as well as showing as late payments the two months previous.

I contacted ardent credit who confirmed the payment closed the account and have all correspondence with them on email.

I NEED this default off urgently

Any help appreciated.

Marc

Edited by Trotter1978
Spelling

next time pay the original creditor not some tinpot powerless DCA

and esp not ever on the phone.

dca's are not bailiffs and have no such legal powers

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and welcome to CAG.

I assume the ref number in your title is the VF auto reply number so Lee (or one of the team) will see this.

While it is your error that caused the problems to mount, the amount is ridiculous and the default should be rmoved.

A while ago, I contacted the Information Commissioner regarding defaults and amounts. They stated that defaults for small amounts should not be placed as they do not reflect the true position of the debtor.

The ideal resolution is for VF to remove this default immediately. Unfortunately, VF are not so forthcoming. Lee may be able to use some influence but don't bank on it.

If VF refuse, you will probably end up with a complaint to the Information Commissioner. If that happens, you would be best served by getting a SAR sent to VF.

Before a default is placed, they should have made some contact and as they seem to have your email address, they could have done so.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

so you have an email that clearly states that your F&F completely closed the account?

does it mention that email that ardens client was Vodafone?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yeah it certainly does

Email 1. Has the clients reference and ardents reference and is titled vodaphone, the back and forth emails regarding payment are all under the same header and the email with the payment confirmation again shows ardents reference number and vodaphone a (which I'm guessing is the account number starting with 68).

I chase ardent yesterday about it and he confirmed again via email that it was full and final

Just a mess!!!

then send those to each of the CRA providers and ask them to remove the default

their info is incorrect

the debt has been paid

dx

and they