• Tweets

• Thank you BankFodder. I will do as you suggest to get everything in writing first and will construct the letter of claim over the weekend. Is it best to use the format for the letter of claim as the one on this website? Lastly, did I read the judgement correctly for the Farooq judgement as its not quite clear to me which act I am covered best by?
    • A letter of claim can't be served by email as per CPR 6.3 unless you've specifically told them. Also can't give you 7 days to pay, they've got to give at least 14 days. They know this, they're just hoping you wet yourself and cough up. This won't be going anywhere. IGNORE.
    • Good Morning, I received a speeding ticket last December, I had requested further information from the ticket office which they provided, I also sent back the form confirming i was the diver at the time, however, i had overlooked the signature at the bottom of the page, nobody from the ticket office got back in touch to mention this and i was trying to book a course with no luck, I got in touch with them and sent them a screenshot showing them I was unable to book the course, they came came back to me and said we have no documents to say you were the driver (they did they just failed to mention I never signed it) they re sent the form and it was over the 120 days, i had mentioned to them previously that the timeframe was coming up and they would need to extend this. They are now saying they have complied legally and i need to accept the 3 points, I am trying to plead my case and I am tempted to let this go to court and provide the evidence of my constant communication on the matter. has anyone got any experience with this? TIA.
    • Thank you. I'm looking into it at the moment.  Straight away it says last sold in 2007. Thank you every one for all your help. It's much appreciated. 
    • Just on bankfodder's final point above. The Title Register you get online for £3 can't legally be used as proof of ownership for the property. Right now they'll suffice to see if there's an asset there. Should you need to use it in court to say he's trading at that address, you'll need to fill out an OC1 form with HM Land Registry to get an official copy in the post, which costs £7.00. Make sure that you get the Title Register, not the Title Plan! Title Register will tell you who owns the property etc while the Title Plan will tell you the property boundaries etc which isn't relevant in this case.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

purple loansiGroup/GE Money Home Lending - charges court claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry for previous post, despite putting in paragraphs, when it is displayed, it all just bunches together !!!!

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try note pad not word to copy and paste from

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So claim form ready to send tomorrow - taken a few attempts due to teething problems with the form .... So now the action begins

Just wondered - any point in me emailing the CEO to say claims being sent tomorrow but open to it being settled out of court - or allow the procedure to advise?

jaxads - thanks for the post! Only just seen it, didn't get an email notification for some reason!!

All ready for claim to send tomorrow - so prepared to see it through

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Quick update. Had some hiccups with the N1 submission - all addressed and resent. GE have until 20th Aug to respond to claim. Hoping to go straight in for judgment by default on 21st - fingers crossed!

• 3 weeks later...

So GE filed a defence ....

Very much like jaxads ..

. Poorly particularised claim,

their fees are reasonable,

I'm claiming against the wrong person as they were formally Igroup. Etc

Just had to submit an allocation questionnaire

- opted not to have mediation as it states to use if you think they'll settle without a court hearing

- very unlikely so no point me paying for the service.

Does anyone have any pointers on the next steps?

I presume I'll now have to submit a defence against their defence at some point.

Wondering if anyone, other than jaxads, has got this far with their claim?

Any suggestions/experience of this would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Any advice appreciated .....

So received their N244 defence, requesting that they ''invite us to immediately discontinue the claim' and that it'll be 'struck out' with 'no real prospect of succeeding' .... and they seek an order for payment of their costs.

States that IGroup loans changed its name to GE Money then goes on to say that GE Money has 'no contractual relationship or otherwise with us' and 'there is no legal basis' in which we can bring a claim against them - they just confirmed they changed names!

States that the claim is statue barred, as the loan doesn't 'constitute a "principal sum of money secured by a mortgage"' making the 12 year limitation denied. And that they are 'embarrassed by the lack of particulars of the claim'.

I'm assuming I now have to compete an N244 for my response to their points?

They also still haven't addressed the 'write off' of the £4500+ balance - surely if they were 'right and just' in their charges, then they would've sought the balance outstanding?! Especially as it was a SECURED loan!

Look forward to hearing from anyone who has any pointers for this stage in the claim!!

as it was a secured loan sure it would be 12yrs fwiw:

look at it this way

ge money have gone after people for money outside of 6yrs of last payment as long as the charge was still current.

so horses for courses.?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as it was a secured loan sure it would be 12yrs fwiw:

look at it this way

ge money have gone after people for money outside of 6yrs of last payment as long as the charge was still current.

so horses for courses.?

dx

Thanks dx - will try to find evidence to support this too

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

The claim has now been sent to our local court - so waiting for a hearing date or request for information to send.

I want to be able to send the attached, it disputes and shows reasonable doubt in their defense - so that the court can use this information to determine next step.

Any suggestions appreciated.

• 7 months later...

Hi. Help/assistance needed please!!

Due in court 8/6.

Just received letter from Optima, outlining their costs - £8,880!!! Ridiculous!!

Any ideas if this is a scaremongering tactic or will I now have this debt to settle?!

Thanks

Hi Honeybee,

Nothing since their defence in September, which I bullet pointed and evidenced - I sent a copy of this to the court and to Optima in March. Also, the change of court from our local one to theirs.

Then this morning, a copy of Optima's client (ge money) costs - a copy of which has also been filed at the courts - totaling £8,886.20.

I also thought, and read somewhere, that as long as it remains in small claims court then I wouldn't be ordered to pay their costs if I lost?

Any advice welcome!!

Thanks

and they

Hi jmd, has it been allocated to small claims track or fast track?

I am probably a little behind you in my case with GE, awaiting notice of allocation as it was sent to my local court

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Hi jmd, has it been allocated to small claims track or fast track?

I am probably a little behind you in my case with GE, awaiting notice of allocation as it was sent to my local court

Hi. Yes allocated to small claims court.

then just sending that to worry you

dx

and they