• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Babs V HSBC **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

LOL steve, NO!

That pink was a quote from Tiger's message I just haven't figured out how to only quote a small part of a message yet!

Just going to nip off early now from school and post the letter - recorded too!

Toodles x

Prelim sent to HSBC 10/10/2006 for £5035

no response :x

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL filed 10/11/2006 :eek:

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

HSBC acknowledged MCOL 17/11/2006

HSBC entered defence + case transferred 12/12/06 :mad:

FULL OFFER! Received today 14/12/06 :D

If I have been of assistance, please tip my scales but don't forget, this is only my personal opinion, I'm no legal eagle!

Please sign this petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Babs,

I didn't realise you were still at school :eek: LOL well I'm a day ahead of you now, Mr Postie has my letter to DG already :p

Steve xx

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

:D :D ah ha ha you big silly! Look at my profile..............I'm a teacher!

xx

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

If I have been of assistance, please tip my scales but don't forget, this is only my personal opinion, I'm no legal eagle!

Hey Hey Guys!

Check out the post! DG replied immediately :o to me after I faxed, emailed & posted the schedule of charges to them - with a FULL OFFER!!!! :p Cool!

I returned immediately with the confidentiality clause deleted ( why do we have to do this bit?) and fingers crossed they said it'd be in 7 days afterwards!

I can pay my arrears & we'll have Christmas after all!!!

Watch that postie - he'll be there with yours soon as well!!

YEY!:D

Zsazsa xx

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 24.08.06

HSBC WON £3608.05 inc court costs DONATION MADE

Halifax S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 24.08.06

Halifax WON £1909.39 inc court costs DONATION MADE

Woo hoo!

Congratulations Zsazsa!

Can't wait for mine

xx

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

Congratulations Zsazsa that is just FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see Babs and Steve's and Jayne's ones now

Come on D&G and Mr HSBC don't keep us on tenterhooks for any longer - purleeeeeeeeeeeeease!!

TP

xxxxxxxx

Preliminary letter sent to HSBC - 10 October 2006

received by them 12 October 2006

NO RESPONSE

Letter before action sent to HSBC - 24 October 2006

received by them 26 October 2006

Lets wait and see.......................

HSBC settled 90% claim - 16 November 2006

VERY HAPPY WITH THAT THANK YOU!! :D

Hi Babs,

I KNOW - I was only teasing (but theoreticall you ARE still at school)

I have been 'off line' all weekend, I swapped by broadband over from BT to Talktalk on Friday, it diconected all ok, and so far has not reconnected - typical :mad:

So only have the work one at the mo !!:rolleyes:

Anyway, back to business, have you heard 'anything' yet, did you post off your letter to DG, mine went out on Friday ;)

Well, looking at Zsazsa all being well 'we' should hear 'something' this week (fingers, and anything else that I can 'crossed'

Also - I have 'man flu' :( - so am looking for LOTS of sympathy from DG LOL

Steve x

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

I am keeping everything crossed as well Steve but keep falling over! Defence due on Wed. I am really hoping to hear this week. Dont want to have to go to the expense of filling in to AQs. Cant believe how quickly Zsazsa got sorted. Lucky thing

HSBC 1st preliminary letter £3692 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

HSBC 1st Preliminary Letter £3280 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

Halifax Visa SADR 11.10.06

CITI SADR 12.10.06

HSBC Gold card SADR 23.10.06

Hiya steve,

thought you'd run off in a fit of guilt.....don't leave me!

No I've not heard anything, I did my letter by recorded on fri too

and...

I've got glandular fever so I'm signed off work for the rest of the work till at least next tues!

woooooo hoooooooo....all I need now is D&G to bring me some love! (in the form of a cheque!)

Babs x

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

Good luck rundll

p.s. have you started your 'own' thread, if not, you need to, that way you can follow the progress easier, and it will help you to keep track of progress !!

Good luck rundll,

I can't possibly cross anything else or I'll be on the floor with Jayne! but when Steve, Jayne and I get our money (soooooooon we hope) I'll re-cross fingers for you!

Babs x

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

and I'm refraining from tying knots in anything (yet) :D

Good luck rundll,

I can't possibly cross anything else or I'll be on the floor with Jayne! but when Steve, Jayne and I get our money (soooooooon we hope) I'll re-cross fingers for you!

Babs x

I've had a bedroom ceiling knocked down and the plaster ripped off the the walls so have been busy with workmen and making cups of tea etc.... so haven't been on much...

Babs did you send your breakdown off to DG in response to your letter from the court saying they intended to defend?

well done zszsa xxsx

Hello all! Just read through the whole of this thread!! Sounds like some of you are around the same stage as me so I was wondering if I could join in?!

I filed my MCOL last monday (the 20th) It was acknowledged on the 23rd and I have had a letter from the courts with the box ticked saying they intend to defend etc!

Today I have faxed over the breakdown of charges... without being asked to. I am just wondering how long it will be now.... it seems when they request the breakdown of charges the offer comes soon after that but if you send them without being asked do you think it works the same?

By the way I am claiming for just under £5000!!

Good luck all!! Ill be watching!!!

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

Hi Clare :)

I've replied to you elsewhere as well, as far as joing in, why not - everyone seem to be in this thread, I expect the mods will sigh with despair though LOL

Good luck btw :D

Steve

Babs did you send your breakdown off to DG in response to your letter from the court saying they intended to defend?

well done zszsa xxsx

Oh yes!

On friday via recorded, actually I've not checked yet if its there...must do that. Where you up to?

Babs x

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

Hi Clare :)

I've replied to you elsewhere as well, as far as joing in, why not - everyone seem to be in this thread, I expect the mods will sigh with despair though LOL

Good luck btw :D

Steve

LOL do you think they will shout at us?! We're just a friendly bunch on this one thats all!

And HI claire....join away xx

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

I wont ask lots of questions, promise! I just wanna join in!! And follow your progress!! Thanks xx

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

Oh yes!

On friday via recorded, actually I've not checked yet if its there...must do that. Where you up to?

Babs x

Well got the letter and am going to do the breakdown letter and send it tomorrow !

My next door neighbours told me they got their capital one credit account refunded without even asking!!!! They got £300 of overlimit fees credited to their account!!! Can u believe it??? Wish the banks would do this without us having to do all the run around, my twins will be here in a few weeks and I know I'll be weighed under with three babies to care for...

Can you post the fax no Claire. I issued at the beginning of Nov and havent heard a thing

Feel a bit guilty though Cad your need is much greater than mine. As we live in the same neck of the woods I undertake to babysit for you if I get an offer this week. Hows that?

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

CITI SADR 12.10.06

Can you post the fax no Claire. I issued at the beginning of Nov and havent heard a thing

Feel a bit guilty though Cad your need is much greater than mine. As we live in the same neck of the woods I undertake to babysit for you if I get an offer this week. Hows that?

Ooooh a babysitter! Do them there creatures exist then???? xxx

Yeah sure, its 0121 455 2150.

I guess you've had your claim acknowledged? When was that?

Thanks for that. Ack of service filed on 15th Nov

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

CITI SADR 12.10.06