O2 Default - Please advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I took out an O2 Contract in May 2014 on a refresh price plan.

I few weeks later O2 sent me a text message saying I was making excessive calls to 03 numbers and to reduce the number of calls to the said numbers. I did, I reduced my calls but did not stop making calls to said number.

A couple of weeks lateron the 17th June, I got a letter saying they were sorry abiout the letter that I wrote to them complaining about my line being cancelled in the next 30 Days. I replied that I did not receive any letter saying my lines was being cancelled, but they chose to ignore my letter. a week later I realised that my line has stopped working, So I tried to contact O2 but the fobbed me off and said the line was being disconnected and that I should write a letter to their compaint department which I already did before but they ignored my letter.

Being on a refresh contract I decided to pay of the Device plan and cancelled the price plan seeing as this account is in dispute. They gladly took my money for the device plan but refuse to close my price plan account even though my line had stopped working. O2 did not write a letter to me asking for the termination fee which was the priceplan for the remaining 22 of the contract but they decided to make a late payment entry into my credit record, Am I wrong in thinking that if the account was in dispute they should not record a late payment in my account?

I contacted Ombudsman to compalin abiout the termination charge as I had reduced my calls to the said 03 numbers and also about the default recorded on my credit record. but they still went ahead to terminate my contract anyway, If 02 told me to stop calling the numer outright, I would have said maybe I was wrong but the did say in their letter that calling 03 number is not forbidden but excessive calls to the number is what they do not allow. Excessive is relative and that has been how I had been using my line from the start.

O2 removed the termination charges from my account but refused to remove the default and late payment from my Credit record and Ombudsman agrees with them.

If O2 was going to default my record are they under obligation to notify me or not?

Also on the case of excessive calls, I made an average of 18 calls to the 03 number after O2 told me to reduce the calls to 03 numbers.

Please is there anyway to get O2 to remove the marker from my record please.

Thanks in advance.

Were 03 numbers not included in the price plan?

Something isnt quite right with this, I think there is more to this than you let on.

A Phone operator wont normally just cancel a line for ringing 03 numbers.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Were 03 numbers not included in the price plan?

Something isnt quite right with this, I think there is more to this than you let on.

A Phone operator wont normally just cancel a line for ringing 03 numbers.

01, 02, 03 numbers are included, however the 03 number in question was being used for conference calling. O2 could simply block access to the particular number as done by some other operator but they didnt, but fact was it was included in my price plan which had unlimited minutes.

Okay i see, so they have terminated the agreement because the FUP has been breached.

Now i get it.

Attachments are fine.

I can see why they agreed with them.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Okay i see, so they have terminated the agreement because the FUP has been breached.

Now i get it.

Attachments are fine.

I can see why they agreed with them.

I basically have 14 days to reply to Ombudsman and give reasons why I disagree with their decision. If push comes to shove I ll rather pay their termination fee (£325) than have the default on my credit record as that is the only default on my file.