LBA - NatWest & Stuart Higley

Diceboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

First of all thank you for a fantastic site. After having read many of the posts and "how to" files I decided to claim back £957.00 from NatWest. I send them the preliminary letter on the 25th of september asking for a refund on. I received the following answer back from Stuart Higley;

"...We believe that our charges are fair, reasonable and transparent. We consider that the ammounts debited to your account have been applied strictly in accordance with your agreement with us and our published tariff which, we are satisfied, complies with all apllicable laws and regulations. We are also commited to ensuring the transparency of the information that we give our customers about the operation of our products.

Consequently, against that background, we must differ with the views yo have expressed and will not be refunding any of the charges applied to your bank account.

Having reviewd your account, I can find no instance where charges have been applied when they were not properly due. They have all been associated with a lack of funds in the account at the time items were presented for payment...."

Obviously not the answer I was looking for and having read some more posts here I am under the impression that this is a standard sod of letter from NatWest to whoever asks for a refund.

I presisted and send them the LBA on the 10th of October and have not received anything back yet. So I decided earlier this evening that Im gonna go through with the claim and registered it with MoneyClaim online.

I do appologise for rambling on here until I get to the question;

Should I had waited longer for a response? Should I write to them again and let them know that I have gone through with it and taken them to the court???

I would be grateful for any advice on how to proceed from here...

Many thanks

You should stick to your deadlines, they do this with everybody (see the other case threads).

No, don't write to them again to tell them - they will find out soon enough.

You have been generous with your deadlines but you must stand firm. Well done for registering MCOL!

;) Mupster

Hey mupster,

many thanks for the reply. It gave me some needed support in a dark hour (wrote the original post in the middle of the night;).

Any way I will keep you all posted of the progress.

Another question with regard to NatWest, with their credit card does the latepayment fee qualify for a claim for a refund?

Any way Im thinking of printing some t-shirts with Mr Highleys face on it and some sort of slogan:grin:. Anyone have a picture of this notorious gentleman?? also let me know if you got any catchy slogans...